View Poll Results: what stops you from having the best possible meditation practice?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • work

5 20.83%
  • family

3 12.50%
  • money

2 8.33%
  • time

4 16.67%
  • boredom

2 8.33%
  • laziness

6 25.00%
  • decadence

1 4.17%
  • health

0 0%
  • ignorance - i have no idea what the best possible practice would be.

1 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Best Meditation

1. Re: Your Best Meditation

After trying many meditation programme over the years I have found that by far the best meditation technique is that of meditating upon joyti or light . I have provided a guided meditation script method for this practice along with an overview of what can be achieved with this tactic.

Blog Entries

Re: Your Best Meditation

I've got several favourite times, here's a few:

1. Whilst meditating, I was trying to find the source of my thoughts... everytime I spoke in my mind I tried to trace its origin. I pondered on where it came from what produces the thought. It led me deep inside, way deep inside and I connected with that I am presence, I truly understood it, acknowledged it, experienced it. After that meditation I was like a strong rock completely content, and that sensation lasted for many months.

2. Running energy meditation, basically you connect with mother earth and father sky and run energy up and down. I also connected with Source and experienced the source within me. After doing this for a while I became extremely energised and I was getting an almost orgasmic sensation, like having chills run down your spine but more pleasant and tingly all throughout your body.

3. Using holo-sync for the first time, After reaching the delta state and finishing the meditation I remained in that state for a good hour or so and it was very pleasant.

4. Meditating using the power of now, being in the moment, increasing my awareness by being an observer just watching without passing judgement. My level of conscious awareness increased more and more, my conscious felt crystal clear, my being felt so alive, my spirit felt bigger than the universe.

Blog Entries

It's funny how meditation practices evolve. ATM I really love raising energy and body loosening with a recording of voices playing. It used to be a yoga nidra CD but then I found I didn't want to follow the practices on the CD, I wanted to do my own. Still, I really liked hearing the human voice, finding my own mind would be silent if I was listening to an unfamiliar interview or a podcast and then eventually I'd enter trance and tune it out. The end of the recording would signal 20 minutes, half an hour or whatever and I'd be done. It's unorthodox but I've been finding it very effective and the quickest way to eliminate mental verbalisation.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

i used to be so rigid with my meditation routine but over the years when something changes from "practice" into "lifestyle" -amidst the transformation, somwhere along the route you stop tagging them like "oh hey now that was a really good one" ,once in a while smthg does strike you as interesting but by and large for me i just tend to just go with it.

same way i dont sit in full kuvnwal aasan anymore specially when a recliner can be so much more comfy with the ac whirring softly