Thread: Strange dream from a couple years ago

Strange dream from a couple years ago

Hey I had a really odd dream a couple years back. This was a really realistic dream too.

A couple years ago I dreampt I was lying in bed when suddenly this dark shape appeared over me, sort of like what people usually imagine the grim reaper look like. Anyway a thought came into my head that this thing was hear to kill me. So to stop it I did something really strange, dunno why but it just seemed like the thing to do at the time. I made out with it (It was really cold too). Anyway when I did that it seemed to get so confused that it just left. Yeah that was one of my odder dreams, I hope that it was just a dream and that it wasn't an actual entity of some sort, cuz I don't really like the idea of making out with some weird creature (well at least I didn't get raped by lizard people like some folks I've read about). I have read of several accounts where people see stuff like this and someone dies later on, but its a couple years later and still here, so if it was real obviously it was too weirded out to try anything else if that was the case.

sleeper Guest

Re: Strange dream from a couple years ago

that is definitely a new perspective on the "kiss of death."

Blog Entries

Re: Strange dream from a couple years ago

Hello, defectron.

Challenging death itself is an archetypal image. I doubt it was an entity of sorts out to scare you, but even if so - with a courage like that, what influence could it hold over you?

You took the grim reaper some of its grimness. It left you. Your challenge might have reduced your own fear of dying, for example.

BTW, I wouldn't associate "the kiss of death" - Death didn't kiss you, but you kissed death. You were the active one. So you did not receive "the kiss of death" and I would not think this represents some kind of foreboding of any kind. You rather gave death a "goodbye kiss."

Cheers,
    Oliver