Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Snake in the museum

Snake in the museum

I had a dream last night where I was in a large building, like a museum with a bunch of kids from elementary school. The walls were sand coloured, it felt and looked like stone to me. Suddenly, a woman came out carrying a large snake over her shoulders. It had a zig-zag pattern on its back that was coloured orange and white. The snake itself was silver and glowed slightly in yellow, this seemed like a reflection of the lightning in the room.

It was very large, perhaps three or four meters long. It seemed friendly enough. I felt no fear for it.
    This woman put the snake on the floor and started beating it at it’s tail with a large wooden club. It just lay there and took the hits. With every beat, it shrunk some, all the way down to about 1 m. The woman then put the snake into an aquarium. It just lay there. I silently wondered how it could breathe under water.

I was a spectator in this dream, silently accepting everything that happened, but with some confusion

What do you guys think?
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Re: Snake in the museum

John,

happy to see you back . I will stay out of this one, so as not to be so damn 'very overwhelming'. i seem to have a knack for that, and this dream of yours certainly opens the doors to much long windedness.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Lol, ok.

It's good to be back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3RYvO2X0Oo

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms
    Lol, ok.

It's good to be back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3RYvO2X0Oo
    yup, is why i pour it out to you lil bro, where i with the choice, may not choose to for another. i imagine such an instrument is not worthy of being self-sanctioned to the forced minimalism of an aquarium, and is more rather worthy of being set free into the wide open uni-verse where weeping intruments are rejoicefully received, as it is they alone which bring melodious truth upon receptive harmonious vibrations.

a Mother seeing Her child restlessly pursuant of that which causes him weeping, might with a club see fit to subdue that which distresses Her child's inability to understand what is being pursued. this is a Mother's protective nature and right, to even hold back the child beyond the years crying out for rightful maturity.

who can blame such a wonderful Mother? not I, for She knows me when I do not know me. sees me when i cannot see myself. so She reveals the scene of our thoughted tragedy for our maturity to gain a footing where it has yet to firmly establish itself.

Think that She would refuse the child it's rightful maturity? no is the answer to that. but She will inform the child of what is lacking, that in having symbolically seen what is revealed, the child may therefrom step out realizing that it is watched over, lessening the fear/s, to take that rightful step into awaiting maturity under Her watchful gaze heartfully wishing and supporting the child towards freedom of flight.

what need of wings when under Her wings one is? yet, a Mother's purpose is to give wings to that which has of itself, wings. if taking wing, does one lose a Mother? no, one gains a winged friend in flight, for She would appear in the life as that femininity which masculinity requires for wholeness.

the fears within then, for masculinity, is can I as the man give myself to that which is woman toward the wholeness? do i yet want to sow the wild oats of disregard toward femininity's rightful truth?

yet, how does a Mother register the child-man's maturity, being as it is She which is all femininity present outlying? it cannot then be two dissimular roads, one within and one yet without? they are the same roadway of occurences.

this snake is raw sexual energy let loose, to either mature or defile. given the personal will to choose therefrom the options, what is given may just as easily be taken away (subdued) for a time underwing.

ask yourself, how many masculinitys are running amok out there with defiling ways toward femininity? are you among them? no

why? because you everybit possess that which is able to with maturity step out from it. thus, such a Mother would minimalize what would otherwise harm what you've unknowingly gained so that it cannot be harmed through harming others, they as well in it. or to say, your wings are flight-capable, and She is not going to see you crash and burn in your fears born of self-mistrust.

comes a time when She shoves you into your unreadiness, but for now She protects you from you.

i have to ask myself everyday, "what am i waiting for?". at 50 years of age, spiritual challenges yet seem as daunting fearsome enterprizes, and i find myself fully winged, having even flown a bit, yet still ducking under Her wings for mercy's sake.

I have a lovely Woman in my life, my wife who like myself as husband for her, serves a variety of functions with which to manufacture healing resolve where the worldly roles failed to fill. thus is the rightful union of two within the contextual world.

but, right now, i gots me some steaks to go on the grill, i gotta be the cook...so catch ya later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Farewell2arms
    I had a dream last night where I was in a large building, like a museum with a bunch of kids from elementary school. The walls were sand coloured, it felt and looked like stone to me. Suddenly, a woman came out carrying a large snake over her shoulders. It had a zig-zag pattern on its back that was coloured orange and white. The snake itself was silver and glowed slightly in yellow, this seemed like a reflection of the lightning in the room.

It was very large, perhaps three or four meters long. It seemed friendly enough. I felt no fear for it.
    This woman put the snake on the floor and started beating it at it’s tail with a large wooden club. It just lay there and took the hits. With every beat, it shrunk some, all the way down to about 1 m. The woman then put the snake into an aquarium. It just lay there. I silently wondered how it could breathe under water.

I was a spectator in this dream, silently accepting everything that happened, but with some confusion

What do you guys think?
    Tim's covered a possibility but only you can truly say. He clearly picked up on your silent acceptance, which I think is key.

Am I right in presuming you are a heterosexual male?

I had a dream last night where I was in a large building, like a museum with a bunch of kids from elementary school. The walls were sand coloured, it felt and looked like stone to me.
    A museum is a place for preserving the old for posterity and the word "elementary" could suggest something very basic, something you learn early. The stone building might suggest something "set in stone".

Suddenly, a woman came out carrying a large snake over her shoulders. It had a zig-zag pattern on its back that was coloured orange and white. The snake itself was silver and glowed slightly in yellow, this seemed like a reflection of the lightning in the room.
    The woman - how did you interpret her intentions? She seems like an archetypal priestess, who, as Tim interpreted, is linked to mother. She may well be an anima figure, an intuitive part of you.

Why do you think you noticed the snake's beauty and patterning in such detail? Perhaps the earthy tones and the silver have personal significance to you?

Poor snake. I wonder if this isn't just about sexual control but also emasculation. I know you just accept it in the dream but emasculation by definition dis-empowers and acceptance, especially with confusion, can be mere resignation at times.

An aquarium allows everyone to witness the exhibit but the creature does not appear to be in its correct element, despite its ongoing survival. It has survived but, for better or for worse, it's been diminished.

Perhaps this dream is about feeling limited by what is permitted publicly in terms of being male.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I think my reply is way over the top and pushy as hell. lots of assumptive symbolicry. it does scream heterosexual, but it is easily adapted into alternate sexual scenarios, what is a coupling of girl and boy in the world takes on many meanings, not always the physical body's reveal, yet you wont find attraction pulling together any other than opposites, even if the placement has to be wrestled over sometimes. yeah, it is up to the dreamer to see it.

my thing with the aquarium, is suggestive of kept size, increase the allowable space and the size increases. set it free in the ocean and size has no limitation.

wings is simply to say being free, the right and left working together as first nature, navigating skillfully (flying) without thought in second nature.

it is just language of symbolic holdings, or agencys of empowerment. like that only, not to be misconstrued as babbling indicative of fanatical fundamental religious fervor running delusionally amok impressive of 'this is way ya gotta see it or you are wrong'.

analogy, allegory, metaphor...etc, serve to explain where idealistically rendered thoughts cannot.

like a library, to make sense the books have to be organized by genre. each genre is a holding for an array of seemingly 'differentials' brought together under one authority. not an idea, but an authority. altogether organized, a library is a grand source of authoritated holdings.

so, to say 'Mother' is to point to a genre. simply because, if the word 'mother' is left to individual definition, then as per individual notions of their own mother, the true meaning is lost.

every word begets a definitive group of words, or a definitive grouping of words begets a word; either way, just as Daniel Webster, i reckon so.

mine, or personal, or freedom - words used individually are not defined as per individual, they precede individuality as whatever language is assimulated in the upcoming maturity.

otherwise there is chaos, the library has been vandalized, if not burned to the ground.

so, in a truth, the many speaking in the world as if their individual perspectivitys are end all definitive, well they are the babblers having lost their way to the library and the dictionary.

but, they are very first to pointedly call 'babbler' when hearing or reading another's utilization of the word, regardless of language it may be in.

no one is going to get apples off a hickory nut tree, or acorns off a lemon tree. foxes are not going to give birth to rabbits...get my point. it is what it is, as it is, authoritatively ordered, and not open for individual license to mis-name or mis-order. doesnt matter what your personal opinion of 'it' is or isnt. it just is, and you are in it, not being in the thoughts about it.

if man is human, and human is man, then why have two statements about it? mankind does a lot, and often those of man finding themselves as being in it appallingly cry out, "oh the humanity!".

word

tim

yeah, let the 'thought' be the seed, and you be the fertile field growing you. it is good to grasp something (ideal) in thought, but also to realize that the thought/ideal alone is not actually being or having achieved something. but like a good farmer, seeds grow food for more thought...ad infinitum.

'actual' is just being, with no need of 'something' extraneous of it's self to solidify a definition by external definitive source, or classified achievement status. human is human, or it is man pretending to be as such based upon notions of what it be like to such be.

spirit is impersonal, often taken personal by the personal witness of impersonal reveal. i mean to say, how we feel about our reflection in the mirror has a lot to do with what we personally see in the mirror. however, the reflection in the mirror is an honest impersonal portrayal of our reflected image, whether we like it or not, as personal feelings go.

but the feelings invoked, as well as evoked, can go a long way in deducing what the reveal/reflection is displaying for the personal image witnessing it. like this forum, one writes the dream out as they personally witnessed it, describes how they feel, for others to then objectively look at it. so one has brought it to an (hopefully) impersonal arena for justification, which is good. it is hard to see ourselves from the personal feelings skewing the imagery personally.

i mean, though, a thousand folks can look right at an anorexic person, tell them what they objectively see, but it takes this personally afflicted person to realize that in the mirror they are not really being reflected as fat.

what is personal is as a great entanglement of misunderstoods. but, this doesnt mean that what is personal is to be thrown out with the bath water. it merely requires disentanglement, ordering, and subsequent understanding, understanding often being no more than self-forgiveness through forgiveness of others, themselves deeply entangled, knowing no more what they are/were doing than do/had you while in it together.

with the child, it is hard put not to accept as it's identity, that which is given to it by others in the life. becoming the adult, as it were, this entangled identity is no less thrown to the wolves of impersonal folks having no clue as how another has come up, have no personal considerations for another's foibles. thus still more entanglement...toward a human crisis, which inwardly means to release through as disentanglement. but the world cannot see it from the impersonality of personal agendas.

only in recent time has the identification of spiritual emergence become popularized, and practiced. yet how few know of it, even as it is as old as human kept time, once understood to insure proper maturing growth free of entanglements in false ideation.

we look outward and suppose that technology is our saving grace, to do less with the help of so much that takes away from our much (life) compressed into so little real personal time for honest reflection. this is the nature of societal entanglement in externalized ideation/s (now globalized through technology), and the catalyst which will, as mass crisis, unfolding as we speak, our disentanglement from our thoughted selves.

is this a bad or evil thing? certainly not. it is merely timely as we becoming us. kinda like the echoed returning 'boom' of the original 'BOOM'.

tim

And just like that curiosity comes crashing into my life, dusts me off and brings me back again.

Hallelujah.

Blog Entries

Yes. I have an idea that I will dissappear more and more, until nothing remains. There can be no hope; it is attachment. Perhaps then there can be everything and nothing. I do not know. I guess I am scared because I do not have any clue where I am in my development. Being present was my idea of a measuring stick, and now I am almost not present at all. I used to be able to stay present for almost a whole day when I pushed. Now, I suppose I would think I have moved backwards, as ridiculous as that mindly concept would seem, it's constantly being disproved by the present, which I have realized it the only thing that is.

edit: Another thing comes to mind: I have had a strong desire for growth. That is my main attachment. So it's desire for sexual energy (kundalini) ?
    I read something yesterday that is for you (and Tim too, if he wishes):

Don't worry what the world thinks. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. This means that as long as you are on this planet, you are here to deliver your gifts, your talents and yours skills with confidence and inner authority, withholding nothing. This is when you are living full out, moving in the reality of love, affluence, and artistry of being. Your radical aliveness not only affects your individual life but the planet as we know it
    Michael Bernard Beckwith, Spiritual Liberation.

Perhaps your approach, while it worked for some, is not geared towards you and, therefore, not entirely liberating for you. There should be joy for you, not sense of failure. More...

Remember, no outside source is bestowing anything upon you, nor is there a godhead to supplicate, to give you special grace to shorten your training. There is no God to please, appease or displease because the Spirit has already given you all that you require for the journey. You are already in the temple which requires that you bow down to nothing except the divinity of your own being. Jesus never knelt down before a cross, Buddha never bowed to a statue, and Krishna never worshipped an external deity.

You are a conscious magnetic field capable of drawing to yourself all that is required to train in Reality Consciousness

pp 140-141

I'm trying to say, accept the wonderful job you are doing with yourself and be prepared to realise that there are many ways towards enlightenment but that these ways should be suited to the individual and that an individual is free to follow his own inspiration as he seeks whatever it is he seeks.

I certainly cannot maintain complete awareness day and night.

The snake is beautiful with his patterns and his colours that combine aspects of heaven and earth. He should not be shrinking, but rather shedding a new skin whenever he needs to grow. Beating is violence and the priestess is ruthless and cruel. Museums remind us of high culture from the past but some elements of the past are also viewed as barbarism.

The snake can be kundalini, life force, sexual energy, creative force. This is supposed to be expressed authentically, not beaten into submission.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)