Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: From uakaris to uraeus

sleeper Guest

Re: yesterday's K raising attempt

for the record, i was dehydrated. i have some electrolyte imbalances from time to time due to my past history with chronic beer drinking (i think) and i usually manage it by eating a little bit of fruit with each meal, but i ran out of fruit yesterday and paid the price. when i get dehydrated that way, my neck and back muscles get very stiff and i get a headache in the back of my head.

i'm feeling much better today but still a little bit low on water. i look forward to discovering whether my neck cramp was due to dehydration or something else all together.

~dale.

oh, as a side note, my transit time (of food through my digestive tract) is much better due to my supplementation and it's definitely improved my meditations.

i just thought i'd keep you guys updated.

Re: From uakaris to uraeus

Following this with great interest! =)
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

hmmmm, half human and half logic? spock-like...

fear of feeling one's human emotions, right?

of course, later we are presented with a machine called Data which strove to ascend from logic to the human emotional being.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    hmmmm, half human and half logic? spock-like...

fear of feeling one's human emotions, right?

of course, later we are presented with a machine called Data which strove to ascend from logic to the human emotional being.

tim
    Yeah!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    Yes, I see energy clearing energetic/emotional blockages occasionally

Yet clearly well enough to base the entire premise of your working on.I wish i had that certitude and precision of clarity to direct my workings with.

Kind regards.

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
    Yes, I see energy clearing energetic/emotional blockages occasionally

Yet clearly well enough to base the entire premise of your working on.I wish i had that certitude and precision of clarity to direct my workings with.

Kind regards.
    You can have certitude and clarity, actually. everyone can because it comes from knowing yourself. I know that you're capable of this because i know myself and know that you can't be fundamentally different.

If you don't know who you are, then do you think you're someone who you're not?

if you're not who you think you are, then who are you? do you become who you think?

Read this: Intuition comes from a variety of sources, including empathy, clairvoyance, energy sensitivity, dreams, etc. in order to use our empathy, we must know ourselves intimately and have crystallized our character to some degree.

what that means is this: if you are angry and you are facing an angry person, you will feel both your anger and theirs - but will you be able to discriminate between the two? an intimate self-knowledge will allow you to recognize your own anger, and differentiate it from your empathic feelings. so what is most fascinating about this is how perceptions work, even in the psychic realm. we rarely actually see any object, but we see our perception of that object. when light bounces off of an object and strikes the eye, it's converted first into chemical signals then into electrical signals and we see that interpretation of light. when we empathize, another person's emotions vibrate our energy body which recreates that emotion inside of us. We feel a copy of how they feel! Is it a perfect copy? In order to see a person, we must be confident that our faculties, be them psychic or physical, are working perfectly.

I'm not telling you this because empathy is so interesting, i'm telling you because it's a great way to illustrate the type of problem that all people face today: in the same way that a person with 3-d vision glasses has impaired vision, and a person with emotional trauma has impaired empathy, every adult has impaired self-perception.

That's right, i say that every adult has impaired self-perception...

our minds are populated with mental objects that resemble what we see and experience, and those objects filter our thoughts about ourselves. Doubt, fear and shame dominate most people's minds - it's not normal but it's common, because of the oppressive and subversive society we live in. Look out your apartment window - or at the TV set - or billboards - or at most popular literature - and you'll see one main theme screaming back at you: it says "you're not good enough and you need corporate science to help you." I challenge anyone to find any ad that says anything different.

so if your personal narrative about who you are, your qualities, your values, your morals, your intellect, your spirit, your individuality, your confidence, your will, your passion, your love, your creativity, your communication, etc.; if your personal narrative has been written while you were vulnerable to doubt, fear, shame guilt, etc. (which means everyone), then those themes have been written into your narrative by social engineers and those themes need to be removed in order for you to be free from them.

it's confusing in a lot of ways. once the introspective work begins, it's a bit like taking off the 3d-glasses while watching the 3-d movie: most of what we see is chaos. Few people ever get past this point in their self-seeking, unfortunately.

so in normal circumstances, it may be as easy as "knowing thyself." but in this world, we must also know who we are not. we are not air-brushed supermodels, we are not weak and co-dependent, we are not naturally fearful. Human beings are strong-willed, confident, problem solvers, dynamic, brave, loving, intelligent, focused, adaptive and unpredictable. Our potential is limitless. Our destiny is bound only by our notion of it. We are only confused when we go against our own will, our self-chosen purpose.

i'll share some of my methods for overcoming those themes, as well as developing a personal narrative when i have time and hopefully they will help you. but for now, this is all that i have to give. best of luck to you.

~Dale

i know myself and know that you can't be fundamentally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
    but if you're apathetic, then you might want to consider getting assessed by a holistic health practitioner for fluoride toxicity.
    I'm going to assume youve already had your flouride levels checked

sleeper Guest

this will be my confessional until i get this all sorted out. forgive me if i offend you, but don't ask me to apologize. i have no intention to challenge or offend anyone, yet the truth is always challenging. I am interested in the truth, regardless of the implications. if you wish to preserve your good feelings about yourself, at the expense of honest discussion, please do not read any further.

rather than write elaborate arguments let me just ask:

what's the point in me sharing my experiences? my knowledge? my insight?

i feel as if no one is using it.

i feel as if i am tossing my two cents into the sea of internet flotsam and jetsam - and i know that two cents will not be picked up. truthfully, spiritual gems are only recognized by people who already have them - such gems of spirituality look like dust or rubble to the average aspirant. the wise sayings and the cheap slogans of modern new age gurus look shiny and beautiful but bear absolutely no fruit for anyone! yet people cling to those half-truths and disregard the real truth, to their own demise.

it seems that the more gurus we have, the less real spirituality we have.

i have tried to share in my progress as i have gone through it. more than most things, i simply wanted peers to progress with me and share in my failures and defeats, my triumphs and attainments. now that journey is over and inevitably, people will want to follow in my footsteps and seek my guidance.

i am fond of saying that 'myriad ways exist to botch spiritual development,' especially when it comes to kundalini, samadhi and enlightenment (and the botched attempts lead to many absurd myths relating to 'the big 3'). People seem to want to go down every side street and entertain every odd idea they find, to the detriment of their own spirituality. What is the point in trying to lead others down the straight and narrow if they inevitably will lead themselves down every side road? They create a world in which they must either obediently follow others, or demise in the abyss of meaninglessness and chaos. they are confounded, and can not lead themselves, yet seek no remedy!

Add their self-created temptations, pitfalls and addictions, and their delusions to those of the 'civilization' in which we find ourselves and we have a recipe for absurdity. it's nearly impossible to get someone to sit still for 5 minutes and do a real breath exercise, but people find time to watch 4+hours of television + video games every day. and they can't wait to watch their 'spiritual' tv shows!

Seeker's intentions are their primary obstacle: fame, bragging rights, entertainment, money, power - those reasons and more are the real intentions of spiritual seekers. They love samsara, and seek to submerge themselves ever deeper into it. Samsara is the source of most known pleasures and the source of most suffering. Birth is joyous, death is sorrow, yet they are roughly equivalent and mutually inclusive. people want only pleasure, no pain, and that is why humanity/the earth/our spirits/our souls are out of balance and also why we face an inevitable chastisement for our collective contributions to the imbalance.

loving, gentle kindness has never bore fruit for me, when dealing with the spiritual advancement of others. while most people are deficient in all things loving; in joy, in prosperity, etc., those things provide no incentive to turn inwards and study the great mysteries and seek their secrets. if you seek physical satisfaction, you will never realize your true spiritual nature.

lastly, i feel like many of my frustrations are due to my high expectations for others to make effort, to find out for themselves, to vet what i and others say, to assiduously seek (and discover) the truth about any thing claim to care about. how could i lower my expectations for others, yet keep them high for myself? impossible. impossible and unnecessary - i don't have any prowess or abilities that make me special. i am working with the same faculties as everyone else. we are all the same and capable of incredible things. and that is what breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post

rather than write elaborate arguments let me just ask:

what's the point in me sharing my experiences? my knowledge? my insight?

i feel as if no one is using it.

i feel as if i am tossing my two cents into the sea of internet flotsam and jetsam - and i know that two cents will not be picked up.
    Can you really be sure that is the case? After all, there's often a great nameless mass of readers out there which no one ever hears about. I remember reading your above post (nov 17) right after you posted it, and I just re-read it, and got a lot out of it. Maybe if I'll read it in a year I'll get even more out of it.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to specifically, it sounds as if there's a deeper issue here?

You are one of the few people who've raised uraeus and that's something I'm interested in. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by farewell2arms; 11th August 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Seeker's intentions are their primary obstacle: fame, bragging rights, entertainment, money, power - those reasons and more are the real intentions of spiritual seekers. They love samsara, and seek to submerge themselves ever deeper into it. Samsara is the source of most known pleasures and the source of most suffering. Birth is joyous, death is sorrow, yet they are roughly equivalent and mutually inclusive. people want only pleasure, no pain, and that is why humanity/the earth/our spirits/our souls are out of balance and also why we face an inevitable chastisement for our collective contributions to the imbalance.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. This is the poor state of humanity but it makes us worthy of pity not disgust and derision. When one lives in a body programmed to seek survival and pleasure, can we blame the human animal for following it biological imperative? Of course we avoid pain, to do otherwise would, in many instances, be considered pathological.

If we aren't born self-remembering, then why would most people even care about spiritual evolution? Why, in a world where a good proportion of people are no longer compelled by physical threat and social ostracism to adhere to specific dogma, would anyone care for anything other than the seeking of pleasure in its various manifestations? Can you blame people for being subject to their social conditioning? Who knows what circumstances set one person apart from another and who can truly even say what is worth pursuing anyway? Why should anyone believe that anyone else has the answers for them?

loving, gentle kindness has never bore fruit for me, when dealing with the spiritual advancement of others. while most people are deficient in all things loving; in joy, in prosperity, etc., those things provide no incentive to turn inwards and study the great mysteries and seek their secrets. if you seek physical satisfaction, you will never realize your true spiritual nature.
    What makes you think you see the big picture? Perhaps you see more than others but maybe you don't see enough.

Again, I agree that people are deficient in love, joy, prosperity and many other things. I know this through personal experience in moments when I find myself enacting goodness without feeling it. It's something I'm aware of and it makes me wonder why I should experience that lack at times. I tell myself that I don't see the big picture, that there are things I don't understand. I tell myself I'm not so different, there are others like me who do what they know is right, even when they don't feel it. (Better than doing what you know is wrong when you don't feel that). We are what we are. Some will strive to be more than they are but they will choose their own way of doing that.

lastly, i feel like many of my frustrations are due to my high expectations for others to make effort, to find out for themselves, to vet what i and others say, to assiduously seek (and discover) the truth about any thing claim to care about. how could i lower my expectations for others, yet keep them high for myself? impossible. impossible and unnecessary - i don't have any prowess or abilities that make me special. i am working with the same faculties as everyone else. we are all the same and capable of incredible things. and that is what breaks my heart.
    Don't let it break your heart. We are all the same, yes, but we are not the same. The only true control is self control and you are not responsible for others. As Farewelltoarms has stated, anyway, it's just as likely you're having a tremendous impact. It may be that you're experiencing a lesson in non-attachment.

Be ambitious for the higher gifts. And I am going to show you a way that is better than any of them.
    If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever.
    Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.
    The first letter of St Paul to the Corinthians 12:31-13:8

Namaste
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast