Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problems sleeping due to excess energy

Problems sleeping due to excess energy

Hi all, I stumbled on this forum today and I'm not sure why I haven't before but I guess I was looking for a Danish forum last time I checked the Internet, but it looks very useful and informative so I decided to sign up.
    Anyways, I've been living with Kundalini for around 3 years now, it's much less intense now-a-days than it was in the beginning, where I was healing myself and the snake would violently mess with my body and emotional baggage but I do have some problems with excess energy from time to time which I'm looking for advice on.
    When it's active I sometimes don't sleep for around a week and have to force myself to eat because I don't feel any hunger, then afterwards I sleep a lot for 2 days and then try for several to get my sleeping pattern back to getting up at 7am and going to bed at around 11pm which is quite impractical and I've been unemployed for these 3 years as a result.
    While lurking today on your forum I read bits about doing grounding, exercising and eating a heavier diet to use some of this excess energy. I'd appreciate some more specific advice on this very much.
    To take them in reverse order, I guess a heavier diet means more meat? Which is quite difficult for me to eat, I'm not a vegetarian but I can't swallow red meat, I do eat eggs, chicken and fish though, but that doesn't seem to do much difference for my energy level.
    I started exercising at a gym about 3 months ago, but I only have free access to the gym 2 times a week which doesn't help me the rest of the week days, and exercising outdoors is a very cold experience this time of year in Denmark so I'm not sure what to do.
    Grounding I know very little about, so advice on books to read with exorcises that could be beneficial for me would be much appreciated. As mentioned I'm unemployed so I don't have much money at the moment so paying for classes with a teacher is not an option right now.

Re: Problems sleeping due to excess energy

welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Floond
    it's much less intense now-a-days than it was in the beginning, where I was healing myself and the snake would violently mess with my body and emotional baggage but I do have some problems with excess energy from time to time which I'm looking for advice on.
    *For a start I would reccomend autosuggestion or something akin.You experience is as traumatic or smooth as you want it to be.Start from the premise its going to be a good one

When it's active I sometimes don't sleep for around a week and have to force myself to eat because I don't feel any hunger, then afterwards I sleep a lot for 2 days
    *Have you tried arranging your day in such a way that you get to have a rather large meal right before bedtime?.Break your pattern to check and see if this the crux of it.

I guess a heavier diet means more meat? Which is quite difficult for me to eat, I'm not a vegetarian but I can't swallow red meat, I do eat eggs, chicken and fish though, but that doesn't seem to do much difference for my energy level
    *I noted your aversion to meat .Meat is a prime source of amino acids.I would reccomend efficient protein intake hence more amino acids , one of which is Tryptophan which is precursor to serotonin and finally melatonin which is known for sleep.Tryptophan is found in sesame and sunflower seeds too.

I started exercising at a gym about 3 months ago
    *Genevieve paulson in her book is very adamant that sometimes exercise tend to release more of the Kundalini flames.How about giving your nervous system a breather.Cerebral vasculatre is sensitive to bloodflow.Allowing yourself the luxury of being lazy sometimes can be of help too

Blog Entries

Hi all,
    Hi Floond. I'm glad you found us. I hope we can help.
    Anyways, I've been living with Kundalini for around 3 years now, it's much less intense now-a-days than it was in the beginning, where I was healing myself and the snake would violently mess with my body and emotional baggage but I do have some problems with excess energy from time to time which I'm looking for advice on.
    When it's active I sometimes don't sleep for around a week and have to force myself to eat because I don't feel any hunger, then afterwards I sleep a lot for 2 days and then try for several to get my sleeping pattern back to getting up at 7am and going to bed at around 11pm which is quite impractical and I've been unemployed for these 3 years as a result.
    Besides the energy bursts and irregular sleep patterns, are you having any temperature-type symptoms?
    While lurking today on your forum I read bits about doing grounding, exercising and eating a heavier diet to use some of this excess energy. I'd appreciate some more specific advice on this very much.
    To take them in reverse order, I guess a heavier diet means more meat?
    I would say not necessarily- more protein and fats, even if they are vegetable. Not so much 'junk' as 'dense'.

I started exercising at a gym about 3 months ago, but I only have free access to the gym 2 times a week which doesn't help me the rest of the week days, and exercising outdoors is a very cold experience this time of year in Denmark so I'm not sure what to do.
    Try doing calisthenics at home, and do them early in the day (not before breakfast, though) so that your body is not 'revved up' at night. Try to maintain a schedule every day, even if it is not very energetic.

Grounding I know very little about, so advice on books to read with exorcises that could be beneficial for me would be much appreciated. As mentioned I'm unemployed so I don't have much money at the moment so paying for classes with a teacher is not an option right now.
    There are various posts with grounding exercises on them, I'll see if I can round them up.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
    welcome to the forum.
    Thank you, I'm glad to be here

it's much less intense now-a-days than it was in the beginning, where I was healing myself and the snake would violently mess with my body and emotional baggage but I do have some problems with excess energy from time to time which I'm looking for advice on.
    *For a start I would reccomend autosuggestion or something akin.You experience is as traumatic or smooth as you want it to be.Start from the premise its going to be a good one
    I do have a positive outlook and from the start decided to have faith in the process. There appeared to be two schools of thought in the literature I started reading at the time, after the word kundalini first had crossed my mind, some considered it something dangerous that should be tamed, controlled and restricted in every way, while others considered it a force that intelligently did it's magic to ones benefit. I chose the latter approach and tried to go with the flow as much as possible.
    What I meant was that it's a more smooth experience now than it was back then, because at the time the energy would start circulating around in my body when I lay in bed at night, and would follow a certain path I became familiarized with, at certain points it would become a quite bumpy ride when it felt like it was untangling knots or something, in particular in relation to it fixing an old injury from a dislocated shoulder that had never gotten back in its rightful place which required some force to get relocated.
    I had the sensation of being kneaded by a large entity which I suppose is some higher lever of myself, and my physical body would just tag along and was thrown around like a piece of dough. In retrospect this was a cool experience, but my surroundings wasn't ideal as I had concrete walls on two sides of the bed, a closet with wooden doors on one side and a marble table on the 4th side and was several times mere inches from banging my skull against the walls and table so it was also quite scary.
    As I became more familiar with the energy's path around my body I would simply cover my head with my arms and hope for the best when I knew the more bumpy parts of the route was nearing. It did fix my shoulder though, something I had been struggling with for years and the doctors couldn't fix by operating, so now I appreciate very much I can use it freely again.

When it's active I sometimes don't sleep for around a week and have to force myself to eat because I don't feel any hunger, then afterwards I sleep a lot for 2 days
    *Have you tried arranging your day in such a way that you get to have a rather large meal right before bedtime?.Break your pattern to check and see if this the crux of it.
    I sometimes eat a light meal before bed, but will attempt to change my eating pattern to see if this helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

I guess a heavier diet means more meat? Which is quite difficult for me to eat, I'm not a vegetarian but I can't swallow red meat, I do eat eggs, chicken and fish though, but that doesn't seem to do much difference for my energy level
    *I noted your aversion to meat .Meat is a prime source of amino acids.I would reccomend efficient protein intake hence more amino acids , one of which is Tryptophan which is precursor to serotonin and finally melatonin which is known for sleep.Tryptophan is found in sesame and sunflower seeds too.
    I used to eat lots of red meat before kundalini was awakened but after that I started feeling strong resistance against it and can't enjoy it anymore and it's a struggle to squeeze down. I eat a lot of bananas which contains L-tryptophane if I recall correct, I'll try to include sesame and sunflower seeds into my diet. I used melatonin a long time ago (5-6 years I think), it worked well for about a week but then I seemed to develop a tolerance for it and it didn't have much effect anymore, I'll give it another shot though.

I started exercising at a gym about 3 months ago
    *Genevieve paulson in her book is very adamant that sometimes exercise tend to release more of the Kundalini flames.How about giving your nervous system a breather.Cerebral vasculatre is sensitive to bloodflow.Allowing yourself the luxury of being lazy sometimes can be of help too
    I assume the book is 'Kundalini and the Chakras'? I've actually ordered that a few days ago on Amazon heh. I only started exercising 3 months ago, so for the majority of the last 3 years I've allowed myself to be very lazy, but have had problems sleeping so I figured it was time to try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Hi all,
    Hi Floond. I'm glad you found us. I hope we can help.
    I'm glad I found you as well, you already are helping.

Besides the energy bursts and irregular sleep patterns, are you having any temperature-type symptoms?
    No, at least nothing that I'm consciously aware of, although I do sweat a lot when bicycling even though the temperature is often below the freezing point outside this time of year, but I'm not sure this has anything to do with Kundalini at all. I did feel unusually cold at the back of my spine for a few days two weeks ago, but this could just as easily be due to the weather. I don't feel heat circulating in my body as I did earlier on.
    To take them in reverse order, I guess a heavier diet means more meat?
    I would say not necessarily- more protein and fats, even if they are vegetable. Not so much 'junk' as 'dense'.
    Ok I'll take that into consideration, as mentioned I eat eggs and also lots of tuna (too much probably considering the dangers of heavy metals) which are both high in protein, and drink a few protein shakes a day, but am slowly trying to vary my diet more although my culinary expertise is rather limited lol
    Try doing calisthenics at home, and do them early in the day (not before breakfast, though) so that your body is not 'revved up' at night. Try to maintain a schedule every day, even if it is not very energetic.
    I wasn't familiar with the term calisthenics but after googling it I see I have been doing some of the exercises but not on a regular schedule so I'll try to make that routine.
    There are various posts with grounding exercises on them, I'll see if I can round them up.
    [/quote]
    Oh ok, great, I'll probably have a look around for them myself tomorrow.

A more technical question: Should I just quote your replies or include my own quotes? Different forums have different preferences in regard to this, so I might as well get it right from the start

Big thanks to both of you for your quick and helpful replies!

Blog Entries

Whatever works for you. I like to respond directly to quotes, unless I'm on a rant.

Blog Entries

Hi Floond,

Have you considered 'sleeping herbs or supplements at all ?

I had an awakening type of experience with kundalini types symptoms just over 4yrs ago now. I also have / have had bouts of not being able to sleep or eat for days and not able to sleep sometimes for weeks. This year i decided to look into supplements as a way of inducing sleep and i found the following listed as being helpful in promoting sleep

Valerian
    Lemon Balm
    Passion Flower
    Chamomile
    Kava Kava
    Melatonin

Out of the above i have only tried Valerian and Melatonin, i did feel the valerian to have a 'shutdown' effect on myself that felt a little disturbing and altogether not completely 'right' {for myself}, but i find the melatonin {i have a ionic spray} really pleasent to take as a 'way into sleep'. For myself, the melatonin takes me gently into hypnogogics and brings me relief this way and then i slip comfortably into a sleep that does not feel 'drug-induced', forced or 'trapping' in any way.

I myself, have to be very careful not to go too long without sleep ---------------> 'NUT-HOUSE'
    And I do find the 'back-up' plan of taking Melatonin a great way to feel safer and know i have a method to induce 'fear-free' sleep if it's absolutely necessary. In fact, i find the Melatonin so easy and 'natural feeling' to take, that i have no problems using it even if i have only missed a couple of nights decent sleep. {the melatonin product i use, i only take a quater of the recommended dose and that seems to be enough for me}
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

OOooops Sorry Floond - i missed that part where you stated you had used melatonin

I'll leave my post up anyway, since i already wrote it now, maybe others might find it useful /helpful
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

You may want to be careful with melatonin- it's extracted from animal brains (beware of the prions) so it's the only supplement that I would advise to make sure it's synthetic. Another thing about it is that if you start using it routinely your body will stop making it's own, so you want to only use it when you absolutely have to, like to reset your circadian clock, for example.

Blog Entries

You may want to be careful with melatonin- it's extracted from animal brains (beware of the prions) so it's the only supplement that I would advise to make sure it's synthetic.
    Oh No, i didn't know that -YUK
    i hope the one i bought is a synthetic one, i will check . . .

Another thing about it is that if you start using it routinely your body will stop making it's own, so you want to only use it when you absolutely have to, like to reset your circadian clock, for example.
    Yes, i did actually only buy it for those 'emergency' times when i absolutely needed something to help me get 'back into to sleeping' from a 'non-sleeping' phase. {i haven't needed it in this way yet} So i have only tried it twice to get a 'feel' for what it did, how and if it worked and if it was 'suitable' and 'right' for me.

Thanks for the information and advice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast