Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fire in the body and a surge of love in the heart (Copy)

Re: Fire in the body and a surge of love in the heart (Copy)

[quote] CPW The bliss can be almost painful.

I suspect the painful part is for purification of the body/ies. In autobiography of a yogi it says,

""The marts of men seemed remotely dim as I squatted by the yogi in the isolation of the tiny jungle village. The cottage room was mysterious with a mellow light. Ram Gopal arranged some torn blankets on the floor for my bed, and seated himself on a straw mat. Overwhelmed by his spiritual magnetism, I ventured a request.

"Sir, why don't you grant me a samadhi?"

"Dear one, I would be glad to convey the divine contact, but it is not my place to do so." The saint looked at me with half-closed eyes. "Your master will bestow that experience shortly. Your body is not tuned just yet. As a small lamp cannot withstand excessive electrical voltage, so your nerves are unready for the cosmic current. If I gave you the infinite ecstasy right now, you would burn as if every cell were on fire.

"You are asking illumination from me," the yogi continued musingly, "while I am wondering inconsiderable as I am, and with the little meditation I have doneif I have succeeded in pleasing God, and what worth I may find in His eyes at the final reckoning."

"Sir, have you not been singleheartedly seeking God for a long time?"

"I have not done much. Behari must have told you something of my life. For twenty years I occupied a secret grotto, meditating eighteen hours a day. Then I moved to a more inaccessible cave and remained there for twenty-five years, entering the yoga union for twenty hours daily. I did not need sleep, for I was ever with God. My body was more rested in the complete calmness of the superconsciousness than it could be by the partial peace of the ordinary subconscious state. ""

"My goodness, you have meditated for so long and yet are unsure of the Lord's favor!" I gazed at him in astonishment. "Then what about us poor mortals?" "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brotherethan
    I suspect the painful part is for purification of the body/ies.
    No. That's not at all what I'm talking about, and that's not the experience (I have had plenty of "purifying" experiences, some of them so painful it defies description, so I am familiar.). However, I doubt very much that I will be able to make myself understood or to make what I'm trying to say clear, so I'll leave it at that.

I was trying to describe something exquisitely and extremely pleasurable. However, it is beyond words, so I'm going to stop trying to use them to explain.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

[quote]CPW I was trying to describe something exquisitely and extremely pleasurable. However, it is beyond words, so I'm going to stop trying to use them to explain.

Yes, I may know what you mean, I used to lay down and put my hand over my heart and in about fifteen minutes I would have to take it off because I was feeling so good and warm inside my body it was overwhelming and would make my body jerk about because of the intense pleasure.