A child may be an old soul. A child may have past life karma. A child who dies traumatically may not see the light or the angels. And this particular child, like others chose to run away when they came to collect him. He was angry and confused . This makes what is called a 'negative earthbound spirit'.

Robert once explained to me about this when I was bothered by finding a young woman from his community had been murdered on the way home from work. Her soul was trapped there for years by the trauma in a park. He knew her she was a lovely person inside and out but the betrayal and the trauma constrained her. And
Robert told me that time for us seems so long but to the angels who live eternally it may seem a rather short time indeed.

I hold this to be true. God does not want us to suffer. Angels do come when we pray. But some do not see or hear or pray or call for help. There are so many reasons and I do not pretend to know them all. I am learning too. But since that time, I have also learned that God calls us all to be the angels. We can ascend in consciousness and become the hands, feet , heart and eyes of our very busy God on Earth, while in dreamstate and while in meditative trance.