Thread: the secret you

the secret you

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/secret-you/

With the help of a hammer-wielding scientist, Jennifer Aniston and a general anaesthetic, Professor Marcus du Sautoy goes in search of answers to one of science’s greatest mysteries: how do we know who we are?
    While the thoughts that make us feel as though we know ourselves are easy to experience, they are notoriously difficult to explain. So, in order to find out where they come from, Marcus subjects himself to a series of probing experiments.
    He learns at what age our self-awareness emerges and whether other species share this trait. Next, he has his mind scrambled by a cutting-edge experiment in anesthesia.
    Having survived that ordeal, Marcus is given an out-of-body experience in a bid to locate his true self. And in Hollywood, he learns how celebrities are helping scientists understand the microscopic activities of our brain.
    Finally, he takes part in a mind-reading experiment that both helps explain and radically alters his understanding of who he is.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: the secret you

So how did you like it?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: the secret you

hmmm... well, it was a BBC production, so i guess it would be too much to ask for anything too adventurous...
    i was hoping they'd go into cells acting consciously, but of course they focused only on the brain.
    i was pleased that they ended it by admitting they still really had no answers as to the seat of consciousness.
    tho there were points where he was holding the brain and talking about memories and the personality being stored "in there", that bugged me. no mentioning or questions raised concerning remore viewing or anything else that might point to consciousness existing in a non-physical "dimension", or altered states.
    still, it's encouraging to see serious scientific investigations into consciousness taking place, and it's a sign of the times that programmes like this are being shown by the BBC..
    for the average UK citizen, whose main source of information is their tv, the Horizon series has always represented the "cutting edge" of what's happening (or what's being presented to the public )
    if studies in consciousness are mainstream viewing, i'm inclined to feel good about it.
    now if we could just switch off X-Factor and all the (un)reality drivel they feed the masses, there might be hope for us all.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.