Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wow! I think it just happened to me!

1. Re: Wow! I think it just happened to me!

I just got a new book - Kundalini and the Chakras by Genevieve Lewis Paulson. So far it's really helpful!

The book mentions a "Kundalini flu". Coincidentally, last week I was the sickest I've ever been as an adult. I had to miss a few days of work and I felt terrible - I almost had my roommate take me to the hospital. He gave me a bottle of herbal wellness tablets and I ended up riding it out. It was intense - I felt the energy of death deep in my chest. I had been spending quite a few days in bed sweating and feeling mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually constipated. A few days have passed since and I feel AMAZING. Like, the best I've ever felt in my life - seriously. Energy seems to be free flowing through me with no blockages. Today is day two of this magnificent blissful energy. I hope that it's only going to keep getting better from here. I've been listening to Sublime, 311 and RHCP to get me through the cold winter blues. The winter can make me upset because I don't get to go outside and play enough. Summer baby, here - Leo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    perhaps this seems as vulgar metaphor, yet it is not about a Hostess cream filled Twinkie.

Blog Entries

Re: Wow! I think it just happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian
    Visual hallucinations. Not seeing weird stuff like purple elephants but depth perception and color being surreal - as if everything is a painting.
    I've had that one. I've also had audio hallucinations, where I kind of hear stuff in odd ways. For example, the sound of a slightly rattling fan may sound distinctly like distant music, or the hum of an appliance may have a perceived rhythm and music to it, etc. I've also occasionally perceived what sounded like voices, though I could never quite hear what they were saying.

I often felt like an alien exploring mundane surroundings (buildings, etc.) with a deep compassion for the human race.
    Well, I've often felt like an alien, but I can't say I have much compassion for humanity. For individual humans, yes, but humanity as a whole leaves me cold, even now. (And yes, I know this is an ego-based thing, and I know that eventually I will be called upon to surrender it, and I will, but up until now, I've held onto it because, well, people suck )

Extreme mood shifts.
    Careful with that one. I got a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder, spent some time in the looney bin, even. (I am not Bipolar. I am not on medication. I do not fit the clinical criteria for Bipolar AT ALL. Supposedly, it's a disorder that never goes away, but mine, miraculously, did, so...)

Regarding the anxiety, I had panic/anxiety problems most of my life, along with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. For me, the Kundalini awakening made all of that much, much worse, because as Kundalini did its work, my usual coping techniques dissolved (ego structure was breaking down, etc.). So my experience is probably not the same on that count.

However, I can tell you that a big part of what causes the anxiety IS the ego structure breaking down. Ego wants to believe that it (i.e., YOU) are whatever it thinks you are, i.e., that you are the identity created by ego to be you. When things start to happen that threaten this view, ego reacts in all kinds of ways. One of them is terror in the form of panic, fear, anxiety, etc. Ego is facing its own death (side note: It's called "ego death" but it's only death as far as the ego is concerned, and it's actually a disengagement from ego/identity. Nothing actually "dies". It's just ego's fear that it will.)

So when you get the anxiety attacks, you're on the right track with staying centered. Also try to see that it's a peeling away of layers of belief about who you are, and while being disillusioned (literally!) can be uncomfortable, it's also the way to finding out what you REALLY are. It's something you can put your focus on, anyway. Might help.
    Hi Obsidian, CW,

Thanks for this thread, i have only just read a bit now, but what you said above CW is soo clear and helpful, i have been through so much of these kinds of things on and off during the past 5 yrs, but don't feel i can often clearly explain most of it to others in a logical, readable way...... the above sheds more light on the subject ...... Big Thanks
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newfreedom
    i have been through so much of these kinds of things on and off during the past 5 yrs, but don't feel i can often clearly explain most of it to others in a logical, readable way......
    *nod* I can only discuss these things with many years of retrospection and the formation of some stability (ego, but not like before; ego is actually necessary to interface with the world, so long as you put it in its proper perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by newfreedom
    Big Thanks
    You're very welcome.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Usually I would put more trust in a person that gives me a nice kundalini bubble sensation powering up the third eye. It gives me a feeling that the person helps me on my mission. One of my friends gets my kundalini going very strong just by meeting him. It gets so strong the third eye gets a pressure almost instantly.

Sorry I forgot to say congratz Obsidian.
    El Shaddai Elokim Tetragrammaton

יהוה
    אני מי שאני

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest

The last few months (approx. 4) have been extremely difficult - free floating anxiety attacks, psychosis, spasms (the last ones I had were eyeball spasms - both of them), random aches and pains, etc. I ended up feeling like I was hovering over myself watching my daily activities. It felt like my soul was separated from my body - I had become detached. I was ready for my physical body to be dead so I could move on. However, I didn't die.
    Hi. It definitely sounds to me that you have experienced the power of the kundalini shakti, and lived to tell the tale. I'm glad that you were able to balance your hectic work schedule with your kundalini awakening, because it can make your daily life very difficult. The spiritual books tell us that kundalini will be a blissful awakening and all will be well, but Gopi Krishna's kundalini awakening shows us that it can be a nightmare.

How are you managing with your awakening now? How is your kudnalini treating you?

Dave

6. Re: Wow! I think it just happened to me!

Thank you , ReptoidOverlord!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahavatar_Babaji
    The last few months (approx. 4) have been extremely difficult - free floating anxiety attacks, psychosis, spasms (the last ones I had were eyeball spasms - both of them), random aches and pains, etc. I ended up feeling like I was hovering over myself watching my daily activities. It felt like my soul was separated from my body - I had become detached. I was ready for my physical body to be dead so I could move on. However, I didn't die.
    Hi. It definitely sounds to me that you have experienced the power of the kundalini shakti, and lived to tell the tale. I'm glad that you were able to balance your hectic work schedule with your kundalini awakening, because it can make your daily life very difficult. The spiritual books tell us that kundalini will be a blissful awakening and all will be well, but Gopi Krishna's kundalini awakening shows us that it can be a nightmare.

How are you managing with your awakening now? How is your kudnalini treating you?

Dave
    Hi Dave! Thank you for reading and asking as I've been meaning to update this thread. I'm still going through a few ups and downs but few moments have been as scary as in the beginning stages (exceptions included later). Many positive things in my life are becoming more and more powerful - creative forces, psychic abilities and oneness to name a few. Synchronicities are going crazy and life is so surreal. The universe just keeps sending me tiny little inside jokes and is making life really fun and beautiful. However, I did have two very scary moments during colds/flus.

I've had two colds/flus in the past four-five months and they were INTENSE. I felt a huge energy constipation that felt like demons trapped in my body. Like, the kind of stuff that will make you go crazy. I recently had a terrible case of sinusitis (neon yellow snot, etc.). and I felt an energy constipation around the heart. The week prior, I had a release that felt like I was wrapped in a huge, warm heroin blanket (best way I could think of to put it). However, more blockages appeared as I became sick with the sinusitis. When my sinuses shut and I can't breathe through my nose - I want to shoot myself. However, the feeling is amplified under my current conditions and it was unbearable. I couldn't sleep. When I tried to lay down and get comfortable - it instantly felt like I was in a horror film and I was about to ♥♥♥♥ing get it! This energy is the nightmare of Kundalini. I remember getting comfortable while lying on my back and I fell half asleep. I turned over on my left side and a surge of some terrible energy shot through me and I threw my covers off and jumped straight out of bed like, "WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ WAS THAT!?!?!?!?".

Finally I realized that the ONLY relief was exercise. One day while getting ready to go for a jog (after a bikeride, lol) I was putting some tunes on my iPod and I felt three gentle little pops in my abdomen - around the sacral, solar plexus, and heart chakras in a zig-zag pattern (maybe nadis). I instantly felt all of the terrible energy leave my body and I felt normal again. Actually, I felt AMAZING!!! Except I also felt some intestinal discomfort which I have been nursing successfully with some herbal teas . The terrible feelings have not returned since the pops.

I did have a little bit of anxiety at a chaotic Tex-Mex joint I decided to stop by for lunch. I think the atmosphere in there could quite possibly stimulate anxiety in normal people, lol. However, I've decided to start taking a supplement of Skullcap which does wonders for the nervous system from what I've read including to rebuild the tissues from their certain shock/transformation.

If anyone can help identify what is going on with me and what I should be expecting, please let me know!

Peace and pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    perhaps this seems as vulgar metaphor, yet it is not about a Hostess cream filled Twinkie.

7. Re: Wow! I think it just happened to me!

What do you mean when you say your Heart Chakra is shinning like a sun?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3