Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
I think its K stirring up the dregs that have sedimented since way back.I get random thaughts about people i knew long ago or childhood memories but nothing really that if analyzed now would impact me tremendously.But yeah a lot things people said or did pop up out of the blue.I wonder what's kundalinis agenda here in doing so.
It's somewhat related to the chemistry of the body and brain. Memories are not neutral things, they retain a charge, a residue of the emotion they were experienced with.

This is the origin of trauma - a situation you encounter triggers your mind, your mind is working through associations to deal with the situation at hand, scans through events clustered together with the same impulses considered as roughly the same as what is just happening, and releases similar chemicals. This is the mechanism that can trigger traumatic responses to seemingly harmless events, for example. But it's at work with everything you experience. Older events may lie further "down" or "inside," but they influence how the whole cluster is structured, they store the original reaction that defines the experience you will have on new events.

Now, when working with practices, in meditation, or when being worked on by an energetic event, the process works in reverse. The resolution goes through the cluster until at some point it will finally reach the original cause, the reason for this cluster of events, and release it. The chemical and energetic byproduct is memories and experiences coming up roughly in reverse order, the ones that started the cluster last, usually the oldest.

Their own charge might by now be rather weak, having been triggered so often. When releasing such a cluster, the freshest events carry the strongest charge, they kind of keep the cluster going. When you break this chain of renewal and reverse it, you find weaker and weaker charges, and finally the cluster releases with a feeling that can even come down to "Well, what was all of that about, really?"

The process itself leads to an endpoint that is utterly wonderful - a reaction without charge. Instead of being mixed in and mashed in with all kinds of old events, and instead of being driven by all these old events, conscious awareness is freed to find new, fresh reactions to events, instead of perpetuating old patterns. A more neutral, calmer state of mind is experienced because trauma-inducing memory charges are released, and less and less often consciousness is on auto pilot and can now truly react to what lies in front of it.

Cheers,
Oliver