Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fear and the Law of Attraction (LOA)

Re: Fear and the Law of Attraction (LOA)

i was searching this forum for some particular info...came across this ...

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I just wanted to mention that before it became popular as the "Law of Attraction", it was called the "Law of Mind Action"
    Very insightful if youre reading with specs on.

There now... caught in amber.

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

I resemble your remarks, I am afraid to say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Are you referring to "The Secret"? There's a lot more on the topic of conscious manifesting of reality (as opposed to unconscious manifesting, which we do all the time, anyway). "The Secret" is shallow and overproduced, and it's certainly not the best source of information. Rather far from it. And it is also not the originator of the phrase "Law of Attraction".

This is just a demonstration of the old adage that "a watched pot never boils". And, for what it's worth, it's not true. It WILL boil if you're standing there. It just seems to take longer due to the fact that time is relative.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the "Law of Attraction" name / brand.

I remember a few years back I started noticing the phrase all over the internet, and of course many books, I knew nothing about The Secret at the time (which I own on audio and printedbook, and really can't stand, the information is fine, just the presentation, UGH! Really turns me off).

I used to dismiss the phrase, thinking website/ books were writing about romantic relationships or something like that, so I had zero interest in it.

Then one day I read a specific article, I forget where, and I was like "ohhhhhhh" they are talking about Intention or the Quantum Field.

The phrases I knew was from Jane Robert's Seth Material: (first published in the 1970s)

*"You get what you focus upon"
    *"You create your reality whether you believe it or not"
    *"Focused intention becomes reality" etc

Also Wayne Dyer's lovely book "The Power of Intention" which followed on from
    Neville Goddards "The Power of Awareness".
    -Dyer and his contemporary Deepak Chopra use the words "Manifesting" and "Intention" and "Awareness"
    -which built upon Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" - which unfortunately had the central idea of the book deleted (Burning desire), despite numerous references to The Secret in the introduction...

The Secret that was edited out of Think and Grow Rich is powerful. The original publishers must have been worried that the mass market would not buy a book that talked about things like vibration and the power of thought. They edited out more than 100 pages of the original manuscript. The Secret is very difficult to discern if your copy of Think and Grow Rich is around 270 pages; you have the edited version. My version has 387 pages. It was published in 1962 by Combined Registry Co in Chicago.
    The Law of Attraction, was edited out of Think and Grow Rich for decades, although you can pick up his BEST book of his complete teachings,
    *Law of Success: The Master Wealth Builder's Complete and Orginal Lesson Plan for Achieving Your Dreams - great book, I refer to it all the time.

Well, anyhow, when I read some more of this stuff, I noticed that the source of "The Secret" was actually Abraham, the channelled books/lectures from Jerry and Esther Hicks, and interestingly, their newer books have a sort of re-branding with "Law of Attraction" with big letters on their covers, because obviously the phrase took off and became a real marketing buzz word.

From the site where I pinched that quote above, they mention that the movie version of The Secret (the Rhonda Byrne thingo) has the actual Secret edited out of it, just like Think and Grow Rich

Publishers were afraid that the secret would not be accepted by the public
    Then I noticed a trend of "Why the Law of Attraction isn't working" and what YOU can do about it, type books, which I did not understand, because I'm like "how does YOUR OWN MIND, not work, wtf?"

I mean what are people doing, if I want a sandwich I think about it, then I get off my ass and go get a sandwich, I don't sit around going "oh will this work, oh I don't know, I need to do some affirmations and salute the sun and put out my christmas stockings.

I guess I'd say that Law of Attraction is a segment of a totality. I also notice people seem to want to use it to win lotto and buy fancy cars and house, rather than focus on consciously understanding as much as possible of the universe/reality/All That Is in THIS lifetime, or be of service to their fellow man (in the religious sense, not the commercial sense).

Kind of ironic using metaphysics to promote more slavish materialism, and learning nothing about the purpose of conscious existence or spiritual evolution.
    Last edited by John Sorensen; 8th March 2014 at 04:34 AM.
    “Vision without action is daydream.
    Action without vision is nightmare.”
    —Japanese Proverb

Blog Entries

Well, anyhow, when I read some more of this stuff, I noticed that the source of "The Secret" was actually Abraham, the channelled books/lectures from Jerry and Esther Hicks, and interestingly, their newer books have a so al marketing buzz word.
    Actually this is quite incorrect. Everything the Hicks come up with is channeled from Abraham- but the organization that started the mass marketing of the movement is not the one who started it- the people that first published it were part of an organization (church) that I am part of, so I have some 'inside knowledge' about this- is an organization founded in the late 1800's who had these beliefs and methods of manifestation already pretty established by the beginnings of the 20th century, who got together and created the original works in which The Secret was compiled. How it went from a free release to something that was sold is another story.
    Read something by Thomas Troward or Myrtle Fillmore, for example- these were the people that formed the groups (new thought movements) that originated this type of thinking (and movement) - the Hicks et al just took the religion part out of it and made it into what it is now.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Interesting post. I actually have anxiety issues so am in my house a lot,and so this post seemed especially relevant for me. I actually do believe in a pronoiac universe,too..i've seen too many things that prove to me that deep down inside,everything is conspiring FOR us,and anything else that seems otherwise is a delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Are you referring to "The Secret"? There's a lot more on the topic of conscious manifesting of reality (as opposed to unconscious manifesting, which we do all the time, anyway). "The Secret" is shallow and overproduced, and it's certainly not the best source of information. Rather far from it. And it is also not the originator of the phrase "Law of Attraction".

This is just a demonstration of the old adage that "a watched pot never boils". And, for what it's worth, it's not true. It WILL boil if you're standing there. It just seems to take longer due to the fact that time is relative.
    I like What the bleep do we know better,actually.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sorensen View Post
    Yeah, I'm not too fond of the "Law of Attraction" name / brand.

I remember a few years back I started noticing the phrase all over the internet, and of course many books, I knew nothing about The Secret at the time (which I own on audio and printedbook, and really can't stand, the information is fine, just the presentation, UGH! Really turns me off).

I used to dismiss the phrase, thinking website/ books were writing about romantic relationships or something like that, so I had zero interest in it.

Then one day I read a specific article, I forget where, and I was like "ohhhhhhh" they are talking about Intention or the Quantum Field.

The phrases I knew was from Jane Robert's Seth Material: (first published in the 1970s)

*"You get what you focus upon"
    *"You create your reality whether you believe it or not"
    *"Focused intention becomes reality" etc

Also Wayne Dyer's lovely book "The Power of Intention" which followed on from
    Neville Goddards "The Power of Awareness".
    -Dyer and his contemporary Deepak Chopra use the words "Manifesting" and "Intention" and "Awareness"
    -which built upon Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" - which unfortunately had the central idea of the book deleted (Burning desire), despite numerous references to The Secret in the introduction...

The Law of Attraction, was edited out of Think and Grow Rich for decades, although you can pick up his BEST book of his complete teachings,
    *Law of Success: The Master Wealth Builder's Complete and Orginal Lesson Plan for Achieving Your Dreams - great book, I refer to it all the time.

Well, anyhow, when I read some more of this stuff, I noticed that the source of "The Secret" was actually Abraham, the channelled books/lectures from Jerry and Esther Hicks, and interestingly, their newer books have a sort of re-branding with "Law of Attraction" with big letters on their covers, because obviously the phrase took off and became a real marketing buzz word.

From the site where I pinched that quote above, they mention that the movie version of The Secret (the Rhonda Byrne thingo) has the actual Secret edited out of it, just like Think and Grow Rich

Then I noticed a trend of "Why the Law of Attraction isn't working" and what YOU can do about it, type books, which I did not understand, because I'm like "how does YOUR OWN MIND, not work, wtf?"

I mean what are people doing, if I want a sandwich I think about it, then I get off my ass and go get a sandwich, I don't sit around going "oh will this work, oh I don't know, I need to do some affirmations and salute the sun and put out my christmas stockings.

I guess I'd say that Law of Attraction is a segment of a totality. I also notice people seem to want to use it to win lotto and buy fancy cars and house, rather than focus on consciously understanding as much as possible of the universe/reality/All That Is in THIS lifetime, or be of service to their fellow man (in the religious sense, not the commercial sense).

Kind of ironic using metaphysics to promote more slavish materialism, and learning nothing about the purpose of conscious existence or spiritual evolution.

I had heard recently it was originally called the law of assumption and ever since I heard that,I feel that is way more easier to grasp then the law of attraction. Law of attraction does sound like it'd be about relationships. Lol. So,Abraham are the original people behind that term? Interesting,because I just recently came to the conclusion they are one of many loa gurus I find that actually just complicates the loa and makes it way more difficult to manifest.

Blog Entries

No, the idea is very old. It's what Jesus was talking about when he talked about the mustard seed, and there is a book called "The Isaiah Effect" that describes how it's treated in the OT. It's the basis of magic, when it comes down to it. But then again, I don't know how old Abraham, if there is such a being, is. Or are.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

From the book of Job: "That which I feared the most has come upon me."

I have a particularly intimate relationship with the book of Job for a lot of reasons, but that line has always, always been with me, since long before I had any conscious understanding of how our beliefs (and fear is a reaction to your beliefs, generally speaking) shape our reality.

I might look for "The Isaiah Effect". Sounds interesting.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Ab or Av

Ram

Abram

~

Ab ra ham ... Avraham...

Avram vs Avraham

Is it 'ah' ... is it 'ha'...does it matter

~

Maharva

Mah...ar...vAAv...ra...haM

~

Minus consonants..

A...A...A...AAA...In the Valleys I dWell

Minus vowEls

VRHM....MHRV

VROOMOORV

There were no ROOMOOR in the Inn...Mangered In

Zen and the motorcycle mechanic...when you tear an engine down just to put it back together, so many times that the shared language silently carries Her.

v-twin_animation.jpg
    V Twin, Now get your V in That...3 LiftHers...Carbolic...The Heart of the Matter...Clean Running (ReSounding)...You

HD VTWIN... VROOMOORV http://youtu.be/YriFxX9Buoc

Takes One To Start One...

.V...V.
    ...V...

Take A Load Off Annie...
    Http://youtu.be/0GiKAa7tbiY

Lovely-Blue-Rose-And-Treble-Clef-Tattoos-1.jpg
    KISS...Keep it simple silly...Alls Ya Gotta Do IS Don't forget to (Re-Member To) Include You.

Listen...To The Music...
    Http://youtu.be/wLf--6RJbbc

...!!!aHa!!!...

Annie's ReGuards to Each in Every of One,

...|V|~>M
    2016-03-08 12.30.38.jpg
    ...M.&.M..'s...melt in the Mouth and not in the Hand

You & Your Day At Hand...
    Http://youtu.be/x9AMUlVat4c
    Death Warmed Up...FreeQuencY

Alive & Kicking...Simple Minds
    Http://youtu.be/ljIQo1OHkTI
    You Turn Me On...You Lift Me Up...To The Sweetest Cup I Share With You...

41e059e96c14ad13440f57c5d0573e2a.jpg
    You Turn Me On...Kick "IT"..."The Habit"..."Shame & Guilt"

I am a FreeQ FreeQuently FreeQing with FreeQuishness.

Ride To Live...Live To Ride

Unchained Melody...
    Http://youtu.be/RXARHZmpgvw

I wish I could find my "Darling" poem in this forum...ain't found Her yet...it's in Mysticism...What is a Mystic thread or sumptin?

VVV - LOVE
    Last edited by Timothy; 8th March 2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast