Thread: hives?

stargazer Guest

hives?

I have a blockage in my right hand, at the very base of my thumb joint. Early NEW work initially caused this area to spontaneously vibrate throughout the day.

Tonight, I was feeling a lot of spontaneous energy movement in my right hand. Glancing down at my hand, I was startled to notice hives had popped up at the base of my thumb, on top of my hand. After I noticed the hives, the "current" picked up considerably and a lot of energy started rushing through that area.

I was a bit surprised to see the hives... I have broken out in hives on a few rare occasions, usually in reaction to certain types of seafood, and they show up on my stomach. But I haven't eaten anything lately to explain hives breaking out. Also, they did not itch or burn.

But I was thinking, you know... if NEW is related so closely to the immune system, the hives would maybe be related. So I took time to brush that area, and within 10 minutes, the hives had vanished, and the energy rushing had also stopped.

Anyone else experienced hives in conjuction with NEW work? Were the hives a result of the blockage, or the blockage clearing, or the energy rushing, or... ? I'm fascinated that I was able to make them go away as quickly as they had come.

Scorpyn Guest
    Hmm... what do you mean by the word "hives"? My word book doesn't give any explanation that seems appropriate in this case...

EOL007 Guest
    Hi,

Light rashing or hives are quite common following energy work practice. I believe Robert has talked about about this before.

It also puzzled me at first - in my case this 1st occurred after a yoga session (but also - thinking about it after martial arts workouts many years ago) and subsequently with other energy work systems I've touched base with.

Your example is very typical - especially the point about them clearing very quickly.

Best,

Stephen

P.S. Consider the myriad network of the energy body and its relationship nervous system etc.

Best,

Stephen

stargazer Guest
    Thank you for your reply Stephen... I know that I've read about rash/hives in conjunction with energy work before; I was just wondering if it was a result of a blockage, or of the blockage clearing.. it would seem that any kind of energy raising could definitely cause that... when visualizing it, I imagine a river that's flowing so fast and hard in a "narrow" area that the resulting pressure causes a physical reaction of kinds. It would seem to be a good sign!

Scorpyn Hives are an allergic reaction that cause capillaries to leak under the skin, they do not burst open upon the skin the way a rash would... it has the appearance of red puffy streaks or cloudy areas, rather like a bug bite but more streaky or cloudy and welt-like. They are medically known as urticaria.

Scorpyn Guest
    Ah, I see - very good explanation.

No, haven't noticed noticed any hives - but on the other hand I haven't really looked for them either. Only on rare occasions do I actually look at the area I'm working on.

Only a week and a half ago I broke out into a rash from HEAD TO FOOT!
    I went to the docotr about it and even had blood tests done and there is nothing for me to be alarmed about. He said it was most probably hives. This made sense as it was red itchy blotches.

Now my take on it was a different one as my parents were the ones who made me go see the doctor. The physical manifestation was hives but what I find interesting is what I was going through psychodynamically at the time.

Heres a quick overview of what happened to me. My parents were away for the weekend and I had some friends over the saturday night. Earlier in the week on thursday I had actually had a mild outbreak on my lower back but I thought it was some other skin irritation that I ahve had before. This coincided with having been at a friends house for an afternoon. when I got home and did some energy work it cleared. Now the saturday night I had 9 people over for diner. By the end of the night I had progressively became more and more itchy which ended in me going to the bathroom and noticing my face was slightly bumpy and I lifted up my shirt to find red marks all across my chest.

By the next morning they were gone but my feet and hands were swollen. I knew that I was under some sort of psychic attack and the next day after having had another small outbreak when my parents got home from montreal, I ahd a mega salt bath. This seemed to pretty much wipe everything right out. I still had swoleen feet and hands after for a day and slight itches but the red never came back.

The conclusion I have drawn is that I was facing some element of myself which attracted something from the outside. After the salt bath I had some interesting coincidences regarding an organisation I had planned to join but then found that it wasn't my path. Not to say this organisation is something negative, it just wasn't for me and the part of me that wanted me to join that organization WAS negative. I also now have more insight into how empathetic I am and I can only spend a limitedtime around certain people before I need to ahve some alone time to ,meditate, clear/ allign myself.

I use a combination of NEW and reiki for this work and this experience although quite frightening seems to have bumped me up to the next level so to say.

thanks for listening!