Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: lessons in reality manifestation and perception.

In other words, you put them into a simulation.

I don't think you could have actually taken them to physical reality, you took them to a simulation environment to emphasize the principles. You were acting as the teaching entity creating the simulation - both in creating the shared dream space and the physical reality simulation.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    In other words, you put them into a simulation.

I don't think you could have actually taken them to physical reality, you took them to a simulation environment to emphasize the principles. You were acting as the teaching entity creating the simulation - both in creating the shared dream space and the physical reality simulation.

Cheers,
    Oliver
    so this is what happens when you break enough simulations then?
    you get to create your own!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Dream on, Neil, dream on...

Oliver

Very, very cool, Neil!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    Very, very cool, Neil!!
    yeah it was rather cool.
    it's also good to feel like i'm "doing something" worthwhile, as i sleep, seeing as things are going relatively slowly in waking reality

Blog Entries

Enjoy the slowness while it lasts. It looks like you're going to have your hands full not before long.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Lower Astral, or just an unpleasant dream?

ok, a bit of background about one of the characters might be necessary here - S is a guy i knew a few years ago. he was a bit of a strange dude. he didn't fit in very well with my social circle, due to the way his mind worked. he had such an active mind, very inquisitive, analytical, but bordering on paranoid at times. as such, he often ended up in arguments with people about all sorts of things, and kinda just annoyed folk when he was around.
    he was basically a good guy, he had a heart of gold, but he just couldn't make his mind quiet enough to fit in socially.
    as my friendship with him went on, he would ask me for advice about stuff that was bothering him, but never take my advice. in fact, he'd usually just try to argue his point until i got tired of trying to help him.

at some point, he tried to kill himself. he hung himself, but didn't die.
    i was one of only two people i know of, who went to visit him in the mental hospital in Edinburgh.
    not long after that i moved to Holland and lost touch with him.
    he was released at some time, and moved to a different city. a couple of years later, someone told me he'd been beaten to death by some guy. to be honest, i wasn't surprised. it was only a matter of time before he tried to have one of his 'conversations' with the wrong guy.

i always felt a little bit guilty, that i could've been a better friend and kept in touch or whatever...

fast forward to a month or so ago...i received a letter from this guy, who i thought was dead!
    anyway, he's in Carstairs, which is a prison for the criminally insane.
    turns out he's alive
    it was just an introductory letter, no details allowed to be exchanged, simply asking if i would be interested in having contact with him, either by letter, or visiting.
    i haven't replied yet, i'm not sure what i want to do. my compassion for this human, and my curiosity about what it'd be like to visit this place, have me considering visiting him... but i'm not sure yet...

ok, to the dream -

so, i'm with S. we're in some kind of old looking city back streets.
    we go down a long flight of stairs. there are lots of people around.
    we get to the bottom, and there are some nasty looking men there.
    they try to grab hold of us, and i resist. but they surround us, and make it clear we're not getting back up the stairs.
    i'm getting ready for a fight with them, tho i don't fancy my chances much.
    then they tell us that they only want to borrow our bikes for an hour. (our bikes are up at the top of the stair. in my mind i see an image of my bike. it's a black mountain bike. not my actual bike, which i often dream of)
    i say ok then.
    then they proceed to put some sort of restraint around our heads. it's some sort of cord, which they jam between two of my teeth, which is uncomfortable. then we're told we cannot leave this place until they return. we're also instructed that we can only walk in one direction, which leads us thru some narrow alleys, and up a set of winding stairs, beside which, are numerous doorways.
    we start walking, up these stairs, and get to the top, which brings us in a circle back to the stairs we initially came down. so we're walking up, round, down, up again...
    everywhere we go, there are foul looking individuals. ugly, sick looking folk. dodgy characters everywhere.
    as we pass a doorway, S decides to take a look inside.
    it's a tattoo shop.
    a dirty Thai tattoo shop, which also seems to be some sort of Chinese medicine dispenser. there are big bottles on shelves with dead animals and all sorts of unsavoury looking things in liquids..
    the people in there are either working or waiting to be served.
    S decides he wants a tattoo, so he starts talking to the woman there.
    i look at him, and see his face is covered with sores, and he is sweating and looking bad.
    i think to myself that he's gonna get infected if he gets tattoo'd, so i attract his attention and tell him not to do it.
    he waves me off, saying he's always wanted a tattoo.
    so i leave him there, feeling crappy, knowing he's gonna get infected and might die.
    i go out of the shop, and keep walking, the eternal steps up and down, round and round...
    then, as i come down the steps to the bottom level, he appears.
    i ask to see the tattoo, so he shows me.
    he is wrapped in clear plastic. he tells me he has to keep it covered for a while.
    i look at it, and can tell it's not a real tattoo. it's just a big sticker, he's been ripped off.
    i ask how much he paid - 700 euro he tells me.

i tell him what it is, and he starts blaming me, saying i should've stopped him.

at this point i've had enough of this place. i pull the cord thing out from in between my teeth, and start to run up the stairs, going in the opposite direction from what we've been told is allowed.

i wake up. feeling a little uneasy about this dream.
    my instant thought was that it was a visit to a lower astral level. however, i have no experience with that, so i can't be sure.
    the whole eternal stairway thing, and being restricted in movement seemed like a "hell"ish scenario...

any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Lower Astral, or just an unpleasant dream?

My first thought is that your subconscious/superconscious just showed you how it is to be in the mind of your friend there, and if you establish a relationship with him again you will be exposed to uncomfortable realities. It's stuff you already know, but I think your s/s just reminded you of how it is to be with this person.
    I also think the bit on your mouth represents the guilt you feel if you don't respond, and the knowledge that nothing you can say will help him (in the case of changing his worldview) but that your presence may be what he needs, and this brings you contradictory feelings- part of you wants to give him some solace, part of you recoils at the prospect, and that is not easy to reconcile.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    My first thought is that your subconscious/superconscious just showed you how it is to be in the mind of your friend there, and if you establish a relationship with him again you will be exposed to uncomfortable realities. It's stuff you already know, but I think your s/s just reminded you of how it is to be with this person.
    wow, yeah. going round and round in circles with no hope of ever reaching any positive outcome...

I also think the bit on your mouth represents the guilt you feel if you don't respond, and the knowledge that nothing you can say will help him (in the case of changing his worldview) but that your presence may be what he needs, and this brings you contradictory feelings- part of you wants to give him some solace, part of you recoils at the prospect, and that is not easy to reconcile.
    yep. that's pretty much how it is.

Blog Entries

Hello, Neil.

I think your friend reflects several things back at you. You could seem him as a wayward reflection, exposing undesirable qualities you recognise as such, and then you can trace the decisions he's made (the causes) to their consequences (effects).

I think CF's interpretation is a good one. You see yourself and your friend as having come into this life from the soul level, only to find yourself constrained by the mental body. The mental elemental is driven by likes and dislikes and overrides the truth of the soul by its own judgement, which you see in your friend. You try to provide him with better judgement, looking at all the forces in play (his health, the environment, the look of the tattoo parlor), but he graps his own idea of what will make him happy and runs with it. He didn't get what he bargained for, though.

While you are in the process of breaking that restraint and leaving these limitations behind you, your friend takes the mental elemental's stance. This is clearly apparent by the arguing. The mental body often argues with the soul's impulses and intuitions, screening out the soul's wisdom. Someone deeply entrenched into the mental body will try to block the soul and its guidance out, but you chose different.

Your mobility is restrained in several ways in this dream - the constraining headwear (being bound by an attitude that favors mental body reasoning), your bicycle is (temporarily) taken away (your access to the soul body) and you're forbidden to leave the place you're in (the mental elemental wants to be in charge). You can see how all of these inflexibilities lead you in circles, not upwards. You see how the mental body way needs to be overcome. So in this sense it's a summary of what you're doing and trying to achieve, and what you confront while doing it.

Also, the ego has not the creativity of the soul. It only comes up with old solutions for new challenges - narrow alleys with limited choices of where you can go. The doors and stairs lead nowhere but where you already are because the real solution comes from the soul, the impulse to learn and grow by taking the challenge and be guided through it, following your intuition and guidance instead of limited/ing ways of dealing with the problem. The repetitive approach to problems (trying the same solution till it clearly works no longer or even beyond that) is exposed here by the theme of repetition.

The foul-looking and dodgy characters may not necessarily mean the lower astral. It could be an attitude of being afraid. The mental body feels threatened, unlike the soul it has no inherent immortality. This causes fear, for example survival fears. The feeling of being afraid for your own existence.

The only way out is the way in - you got incarnated into the body to evolve your way back up to the soul level. Society and the environment, being deeply steeped in the mental body's reasoning tell you not to, but you override this.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast