Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Re: Destroying Demons in a church.

wow, cool.
    that makes sense. it didn't feel like a nightmare would.
    it was actually very enjoyable.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Black bus.

yesterday my workmates and myself went for our annual trip to the Efteling, a Dutch amusement park.
    before i woke in the morning, i was dreaming about going there.
    it was a strange dream, the details of which i don't feel like mentioning here, apart from the fact that it all took place on a large black bus.
    not really a common sight, so i was very pleased when i turned up at work, to find a large black bus waiting to take us there.

Blog Entries

Re: Black bus.

I hope you had a good time.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: Black bus.

One of the joys of recording dreams: you experience how the mind is out of time and how you can see the future. Sometimes it's just trivial stuff like the set menu you'll eat at a function or a black bus.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Dream-a-thon Dream

heh, isn't life funny?
    just as i start complaining about not being able to get fully lucid, i have two nice little lucid dreams in the space of two days.
    both landscape orientated triggers.

first one, i'm watching these two guys, from my window, while lying on my bed.
    i can't hear them, but can tell they're arguing about something.
    it looks like they're getting angry, and are gonna fight.
    just then i have a thought, "can they see me watching?"
    then i realize, this isn't the view from my bedroom, and this isn't even how my bedroom is laid out.
    haha, dreaming!! nice one.
    as i look down at the scene, it begins to flicker.
    one guy turns into a baby on the floor, the other disappears.
    then some other beings appear, and the baby turns back into the guy it was before. the other guy reappears.
    then the whole scene begins to dissolve. turning into "tv" static, grey and fuzzy, until there's nothing to see, just my awareness lying there.
    back to my body, i'm in my real room now, but can't see. try but feel i've no power.
    relax and come awake. happy i've been lucid again.

second, a strange little one.
    i'm looking down this really steep hill, a road going down into a tunnel.
    i realize i don't know this place, i must be dreaming. cool!
    i take a massive leap, as if to jump down the hill in one bound.
    as i lift off, i hear a kinda sci-fi sounding swoosh, and i go straight up, into blackness...
    again, no sight, i try to see, but again, feel low power. can't move anywhere either.
    relax and i'm back in bed.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Re: Dream-a-thons

I've had a lot of "dream-a-thons" lately as well...the recent ones have been terrible.

Sooo crude and conflicting with my actual self that I'm starting to resent sleep.

School

This morning- dreaming of attending a school.
    Not any school I ever went to in this lifetime, but I know I've been there many times.
    I'm my age now, not younger. The other pupils are all familiar, but only 1 of them is someone I know from this life. D, a good friend from back home.
    In the dream I visited this place twice. I don't remember the lesson from day 1.
    On day 2, I arrive just in time, almost late. The girl who sits next to me on the left, tells me that the teacher thinks I'm not very interested.
    I kinda have the attitude that I don't feel I'm learning much there.
    The guy to the right of me offers me something to eat. A mixture of bits of citrus fruit - oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruits, mixed up with mint leaves. Very refreshing and tasty!
    I think this is something we share every day. He's very familiar, I know we've shared many experiences, but he's not anyone I know in this life.
    Over on the side of the room, D, my friend, is making noise and not paying attention to the teacher. In real life D is intelligent and friendly, but I imagine he wouldve been a bit disruptive in class. Amusing himself by acting up. Seems things are no different here.
    Another teacher comes in, and tells him he has to leave.
    He gets up to go, then seems to realize what it means to be told to leave. He starts shouting f*ck! F*ck! F*ck! Then he starts knocking stuff off tables, and turning over chairs. Then he starts flipping around and kicking chairs and tables, destroying whatever he crashes into.
    D is a martial artist in real life.
    As his freak- out continues, he begins to weep.
    He's in front of my desk, flapping and howling when he catches my eye for a second. He recognizes me. Everyone is just staring the whole time.
    He looks at me again, and I reach out my hand to his, to try and calm him down and comfort him.
    I clasp his hand, and I wake up.

Blog Entries

Re: School

Neil, I think your friend D is possibly a shadow aspect showing up in your dream (and familiar friend with the citrus fruit is also you) and, because my 15 year old has a bunch of friends over and they're playing Guitar Hero VERY LOUDLY and I'm ready for bed and I can't concentrate, I'll leave you to consider what your good shadow friend is telling you about what your authentic Self wants.
    Williams)

As far as I can see - he's conflicted. He doesn't want to play by the rules, but he's afraid of what it might mean to be un-included in everyone elses reality.

And the other dude wants me to eat more fruit!;-p

Blog Entries

The girl is probably an anima figure: the personification of your unconscious and your feminine psychological tendencies such as vague feelings and moods, prophetic hunches, receptiveness to the irrational, capacity for personal love, feeling for nature and relation to your own unconscious.
    ("The Process of Individuation" by M.L. von Franz).

The right is the side where things become conscious. Among other things "right often means, psychologically, the side of consciousness, of adaptation, of being "right" while left represents the sphere of unadapted, unconscious reactions or sometimes even of something sinister ("The Process of Individuation" by M.L. von Franz).

It would be useful to know more about the two teachers.

I also notice the number two is important in this dream. Apparently, Jung saw this as potentially a number indicative of inner conflict as you've already identified:
    Conflict - Fighting

(1) A fight may represent conflict in a real-life domestic or work situation.

(2) The conflict may be within you, between opposing forces in the psyche. An obvious candidate is a clash between what you want to do and what you feel you ought to do. In this case, bear in mind that conscience is usually socially constructed and consists of the prohibitions and ideals that were imprinted in your psyche during your early years.

(3) The conflict may be between what we are in fact and what we are potentially. Jung sees conscience as the voice of inner wisdom that will lead us to our true selfhood.

(4) If the conflict is between conscious ego and unconscious, the aggressor in the dream fight will probably represent the part of you that is demanding release from the dungeons of the unconscious. It will not hurt you unless you deny it expression. Identify it, and then welcome it as a talent or energy that can contribute to your well being. Change the conflict into a dialogue, a respectful exchange between your conscious and unconscious. (Is this not the way to handle such situations in our waking lives, instead of aggression?).

Where there is unresolved inner conflict, there is a tendency to project the unconscious protagonist to other people, often with dire consequences in personal relationships.

(5) More specific inner conflicts are those between opposite psychic qualities or forces, such as masculinity and femininity, thinking and feeling.

Reference: Eric Ackroyd

(Source: Myths - Dreams - Symbols)
    http://www.experiencefestival.com/dream_symbol_jung

Now, go get yourself an orange.
    Williams)

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast