Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Dad's third eye

Maybe also talk to your actual dad and see if he recalls any dreams from that night.

This is an intriguing dream.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

oooh!
    that'd shake the old bugger up a bit eh?!
    if we'd shared a dream. maybe he'd be a bit more inclined to take a little interest in some of "that nonsense" i'm "into". hahaha!!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

The image of you running and yelling at the fat guy "FAT BASTARD!" made me laugh out loud.
    Anyway, I noticed that there are a few components to your dad's apparent duality-
    He looked dirty and smelly- you mention 'looking smelly' a few times, to describe him and his cronies. This could mean disease, but it also seems to me that it means appearances- he seems not to take care of himself, but his third eye is open- so there is a conflict in how you see him- you don't approve of his outward appearance, but respect the way he thinks, even if you don't admit it to yourself.
    Anyway, that's what I got.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I think I'm kind of in line with CF on this. Seems it might be an allegory about the illusions of 'reality'. With regular sight a person may seem wretched and unwholesome, but with inner sight the same person may be quite ok.

Just a thought.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    The image of you running and yelling at the fat guy "FAT BASTARD!" made me laugh out loud.
    Anyway, I noticed that there are a few components to your dad's apparent duality-
    He looked dirty and smelly- you mention 'looking smelly' a few times, to describe him and his cronies. This could mean disease, but it also seems to me that it means appearances- he seems not to take care of himself, but his third eye is open- so there is a conflict in how you see him- you don't approve of his outward appearance, but respect the way he thinks, even if you don't admit it to yourself.
    Anyway, that's what I got.
    yeah that's spot on.
    i have had to look after my Dad for years, he doesn't look after himself too well. i mean he's the best he's been in many years now, but, i found him in a terrible state one time years ago, when he'd been homeless for a week and a half. it's always a worry that he'll let things slip and get into that state again.
    and i do have a lot of respect for him and the way he thinks, even if he is "stuck in his ways" and was a mostly-absent Father when we were kids.
    nowadays i see his behaviour when we were growing up as a gift. i'm truly grateful, he's shown me many ways i never want to act.

Sage Dragon Genie

rather fuzzy recall of details, here's the general story..

i cam across a guy who was having some problems. he was being terrorised by what i can only describe as a genie.
    this mischievous entity was causing havok in his life.
    it turned out that the genie had come from some incense the guy was burning. it was made from sage.
    he had big blocks of it in a bag.
    he had initially burned the sage for cleansing and protection, but somewhere along the line, his intent hadn't been pure, so this nasty dragon entity had manifested, and instead of protecting him, it was just being a pain in the arse.
    he was stuck where he was, because he didn't want to leave, leaving the genie behind, in case it spoiled someone else's life.

somehow i managed to trick the genie into showing me that it originated in the burning sage block. it got smaller and smaller, until it was no more than a tiny puff of smoke,(cute little dragon ) then, it went back inside the sage block, which was just smouldering away. i quickly grabbed it and put it in a box, which was airtight, so the fire went out.

the guy was so grateful, and was making preparations to leave.
    then i had an idea, to keep some of the sage block for myself, just in case i needed the dragon's protection in the future.
    i grabbed a block from the bag, then stopped myself. what a dumb idea. i'd just be stuck with a dragon genie, who'd most likely be pissed off for my having tricked him. so i stuck the block back in the bag.

the guy and i decided to get rid of the temptation of the sage, so we closed up the bag and threw it in a river, where it soaked and sank...

Blog Entries

Re: Sage Dragon Genie

Seems like you're offering "sage advice" here...

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Sage Dragon Genie

I considered a similar play on words. It seems that what came from the apparent sagacity was in fact a problem. It was best dispensed with in totality.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Crazy Mum and Old Clothes

a rather strange one from last night -

i am at one of my childhood homes, my Mum is there. i am young, the right age for being in that particular house.
    she is acting weird. she can't sit still, she looks skinny, unwell almost.
    she's distracted, talking to herself, singing strange little songs...
    she looks a bit crazy to me.
    i am worried about her. i curl up on the couch and cry, not knowing what's wrong with my Mum.
    i ask her, "are you alright Mum?"
    "yes...no..not really" she replies.

i go into another room, and try to print designs onto two t-shirts (yesterday i visited a friend's t-shirt printing shop)
    i do a bad job of it, and the t-shirts are ruined. i'm worried that my Mum will find out and be angry, so i hide the t-shirts out in the back garden.

i am back inside, and she's still acting crazy. it's unsettling.

i go back out to the garden, and find a pile of clothes that have belonged to me, throughout my childhood and young adulthood.
    they are all in a heap, around the corner of the building, some in bin-bags, some just on the ground.
    i recognise them as items i've lost or left behind, or thrown away..

i go in and ask my Mum about them. wondering why she put them in the garden.
    "you threw them out!" she tells me.
    i go and look at them again, some memories of times when i've been wearing certain items come to mind. moments from school, or at play, as a young adult getting up to mischief, Christmas dinner...

i don't feel like the child i was at the start of the dream. i am myself now.

i realise none of them fit me any more, and now feel it's okay that they've been discarded.

Neil Templar's Dream Journal

95% lucidity, a dream within a dream!

for the past few months, i've been dreaming in a state of what i'd call 95% lucidity.
    i know i'm dreaming, and can sometimes take advantage of that knowledge, for example last week i dreamed i was in a war somewhere. this guy came at me with a rifle, to shoot me.
    i knew i was dreaming, so i just stood there, open arms, and let him shoot me in the chest. no death, just a chuckle from me, then i flew into the air, much to the confusion of the rifle bearer, and proceeded to hover around 15ft up, flying over everyone taunting them. much fun!

the thing is tho, it has been a loooong time since i had that "aha!! i'm dreaming!" moment, where i can take full conscious control of the dream, and think about what i want to create, or even exit the dream and go OOB, or whatever...
    i'm able to use my lucidity, yet i'm still only observing that happening. know what i mean?
    it's like something has been stopping me from taking control that way, and i've been wanting to get back to that state, so the past few nights, i've been really focusing my intent at bedtime, to get fully lucid during the night's adventures...

each night, there's been something unusual going on, stuff that, when awake, i realised was an obvious clue for me to realise i was dreaming...
    last night, was something i've never experienced.

i dreamed i was talking to an old friend/work colleague. i was telling him, how often i dream about him, and my other colleagues.
    then i proceeded to describe to him, a dream i had just last week, where we all created huge works of art in the park round from my childhood home.
    i totally went thru the whole dream with him, and was saying "yeah, i dream about working with you guys at least once a week".

if that's not a big old "HEY MISTER!!! YOU'RE DREAMING NOW!!!" sign, i don't know what is.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast