Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Neil Templar's Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: 95% lucidity, a dream within a dream!

this makes no logical (real-world) sense, a fear is a fear, so it shouldn't affect me differently at different times, should it?
    Not necessarily. There is rational fear (that is, fear of things you should fear, things that threaten you.) And visceral, illogical fear. Sometimes projections cause visceral fear, and one possible explanation is the effect of astral feedback on the amygdala- a fear that has no 'reason' associated with it, yet stronger than any fear associated by the theme of a dream or projection.
    But I'm sure this is not what y'all are talking about here.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

you know, now that i think about it, heights is the only thing i do feel fear about.. i wonder what that's all about.
    i've no fear of other beings. just last night i was being attacked by three guys, and i just stood there saying "NO! YOU DON'T TOUCH ME!"
    and they stopped right where they were. then one dude tried to grab me, and i just kept blocking his movement's kung-fu style. he couldn't get a grip on me at all. it was like being Neo, i was just always faster than him. in the end it felt like a game.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Ditto on the heights thing. Sometimes I'm flying -which is mostly the natural thing for me in dreams- I almost never walk in dreams. But every once in a while, I'll be walking around, and all of a sudden I'll start to float like a balloon, and I'll have this irrational fear of 'falling' off the planet into space, and I'll panic horribly, I'll try to hold on to things. Then I'll ask others to keep me under a roof until I figure out how to control it.
    I've had a few episodes of this irrational fear of heights that almost never happens in dreams, and it's almost like being another person, or living another life. I don't know how to say it in a way that makes sense.

Blog Entries

My fear is claustrophobia, which can also be encountered and overcome in projection. I remember a sleep paralysis episode where I was enclosed in a coffin. In the case of such experiences, you just have to realise you're dreaming to release yourself.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

hmm. maybe i can program myself to trigger lucidity whenever i get the fear of heights..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Hello, CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Ditto on the heights thing. Sometimes I'm flying -which is mostly the natural thing for me in dreams- I almost never walk in dreams. But every once in a while, I'll be walking around, and all of a sudden I'll start to float like a balloon, and I'll have this irrational fear of 'falling' off the planet into space, and I'll panic horribly, I'll try to hold on to things. Then I'll ask others to keep me under a roof until I figure out how to control it.
    This might be a representation of a deeper fear of becoming ungrounded, separated from the connection to Earth, too spaced out to be understood or stay in touch with other "terrestrials."

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I wanted to add this about fears:

The sudden triggering of fears, even old ones, might not be as random as it seems. It depends of the nature of experience. If CF sometimes fears heights and sometimes not, then in the first case she's trying to release a fear through processing it in the dreamstate (similar to what nightmares do) and in the second case she's having a dream/experience that does not have this purpose.

I had a series of fear-release dreams recently, and at first I thought something was wrong. In a Charles session it was explained to me that these dreams serve a purpose. Just as sometimes destructive dreams can serve the purpose of breaking down an inner belief structure. As soon as I understood this, I had another dream of the same nature, and as predicted, the charge and the fear reaction had been much less.

So, there's dreams that tell you stuff, and sometimes there are dreams that service a certain need. Releasing a negative emotion, for example. By being able to release them in the dream state a good deal of work can be done there, conveniently while you are asleep. These dreams might not even make much sense beyond that you recognise their basic nature after a while.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    This might be a representation of a deeper fear of becoming ungrounded, separated from the connection to Earth, too spaced out to be understood or stay in touch with other "terrestrials."

Cheers,
    Oliver
    Ha ha I already feel like that in waking reality.

Blog Entries

Well, seems like your dreams are helping you to be okay with that.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

What I'd really like to do with that is become conscious when it is happening, and let myself float away, to see what is at the end of the 'abyss' and finally face it. The problem is that I'm not 'lucid' lucid so the panic sets in at a visceral level and I have trouble thinking straight. I think if I realized I'm dreaming, completely realized it instead of (to coin Neil's term 75% lucid, or 'other-place lucid') I may take on an observer attitude and see where this takes me.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast