Thread: OBE Frequency and Health Issues

OBE Frequency and Health Issues

Hi Guys,

I am new to the OBE. After working on it for almost 3 years, I finally achieved it.
    Now I am having some troubles controlling it.
    Basically, everytime I go to bed, I am having vibrations for the last 6 days. I cannot stop it. I stop meditation, leave the lights and even the TV on so I can distract myself and fall a sleep without an OBE but as soon as I close my eyes, I fall into trance and then short after vibrations start. I want to explore OBE but this is getting too much.

My questions:
    1- How do you stop OBE and vibrations happening - without my will- at nights?
    2- Is there any danger of OBE when you do it pretty much everyday? I mean from health (physical/mental) perspective?
    3- How often you guys have OBE experience? and does it happen at your will or without your will?

I appreciate your feedback ...
    Dave

Blog Entries

Re: OBE Freuency and Health Issues

Quote Originally Posted by klabs1976
    Hi Guys,
    Hi Dave. Nice to meet you.

I am new to the OBE. After working on it for almost 3 years, I finally achieved it.
    Now I am having some troubles controlling it.
    Basically, everytime I go to bed, I am having vibrations for the last 6 days. I cannot stop it. I stop meditation, leave the lights and even the TV on so I can distract myself and fall a sleep without an OBE but as soon as I close my eyes, I fall into trance and then short after vibrations start. I want to explore OBE but this is getting too much.
    This is a side effect of awareness. A case of becoming aware of the process of going to sleep.
    Vibrations only happen in the beginning (except for some people) and then smooth out. So I recommend energy work (especially sponging) to get you more control over your etheric body and actual induction- in other words, do it as much as possible. I'll explain why shortly.

My questions:
    1- How do you stop OBE and vibrations happening - without my will- at nights?
    OBE happens every night, and the reason that you don't remember them is because you become unconscious before the exit. But dreams are projections (unconscious projections) and are natural part of being. As natural as sleeping.
    What has happened here is that you have trained yourself to be aware of the sleep process, and possibly your normal energy body movements.
    You can't stop the vibrations from happening, because they are caused by your awareness- you are aware of the shift from conscious (alpha brainwave state) to unconscious (theta to delta); you feel the change in brainwave frequency, and interpret it as vibration.
    This happens most of the time out of 'shock' at experiencing the shift (versus going to sleep before the shift happens), and the only way I can think of transitioning unaware is to distract your mind with a little story that you can occupy your mind with that can turn into a dream and can then take you to the unconscious state. But resisting it and focusing it is only going to make you more aware of it.
    So, if you have a favorite movie or daydream, think of it when you are going to sleep, make up a little story, retell a favorite movie as if it were happening to you- this kind of thing- and it may help you become unconscious.

2- Is there any danger of OBE when you do it pretty much everyday? I mean from health (physical/mental) perspective?
    If you were trying to induce a conscious exit (you know, the effort of trying to get out and all the fireworks that happen) then you may become exhausted, and it can mess up your sleep cycle, but spontaneous projection is different, because there is no effort involved. So if it happens go with it, think of it as a very lucid dream.

3- How often you guys have OBE experience? and does it happen at your will or without your will?
    About once or twice a month, but more if I try. I used to get lots of spontaneous OBEs, but not so much anymore. Now I actually have to try, but I get other stuff like WILDs, and what I call clairvoyant visions, which are very pleasant.

* If you OBE a lot on purpose, soon your brain gets used to the transition process and the vibrations shift over to earlier in the trance (and briefer) until eventually they stop happening altogether. That's why I said that projecting a lot is the best way I know how to get rid of them eventually. Plus, the more you do it the less 'traumatic' the event is, and the less symptoms you get.
    Then you can just forget about them.

However, there may be other factors that you may have to consider.
    ---
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Is it just vibrations or are you actually going out of body every night? If it's just vibrations, maybe you could consider following through and exploring the OB state. Reading on the topic might make it more desirable to do so. There are a lot of great books that highlight the possibilities, especially in you're interested in spiritual development.

If you really want it to stop, try making a request to your higher self or maybe a compromise, you agree to explore OB states once a week.

Is it possible you've come to associate your bed with the vibrational state? Perhaps changing where you sleep for a while will work. Another method is to tire yourself so much that you sleep too heavily to remember a thing.

OBEs aren't dangerous. If they're causing sleeplessness, that's a genuine problem, especially if you drive a car or operate potentially dangerous machinery.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

C.F and I are posting fairly simultaneously.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Yay for synchronicity!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hi dave
    I have had that problem too.it can get a little out of control sometimes I guess.not too sure why but I kind of feel like it is because of internal momentum. Once the flip gets switched, the momentum of the experience can snowball perhaps.

your story sounds similar to mine so far.I would get woken up several times a night with vibrations or astral sight, or other things and it got to the point where I just wasnt getting good sleep.it was almost like getting woken up by an alarm you cant shut off every two hours.very frustrating and I ended up being very cautious and reluctant to start trying to project again.

A couple things that helped me

Stepping away from the topic all together.basically taking a break from any reading or thinking about anything related to oobe.

Eating food before going to bed.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.