Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best chair position for obe?

Best chair position for obe?

2 days ago I almost projected from bed on my back, last night I tried to do the same from my office chair but I only came as far as a light trance.
    I felt a little tense in my neck even though my chair has neck support, the relaxation I did before also caused my back to go from straight to not so straight.

I heard Robert recommending a chair with NO neck support, can this really work?, it feels like that would make it even tenser and you constantly have to adjust your head not to fall back or lean forward.
    And should your back be absolutely straight?

Are there any pictures of optimal sitting position for obes, or if you have some good tips and advice?

/Magic

Blog Entries

Re: Best chair position for obe?

The best position for OBE is one in which you are comfortable to go into trance, but not so comfortable as to allow you to fall asleep. When Robert recommends the office chair, he is talking about personal preference- it's what works for him, so it's what he recommends.
    I prefer a recliner, because an office chair would be too uncomfortable, and the bed (for me) is out of the question, because to me the bed is for sleeping and sex, and that's it. I don't even like to watch TV in bed.
    So, there is no 'perfect' position to OBE, each person is different.
    I would recommend the recliner, because if an office chair with neck support is still too uncomfortable, then you need to move a little towards more comfort, not less.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I like the poang and boliden from ikea.not too expensive too
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...9&pageNumber=0
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Ok, I see.

The problem is just I need to use the chair in my bedroom/computer room.
    But I don´t have enough space for 2 chairs, computer chair and recliner, maybe there is something in between I can use for both, perhaps a visit to ikea is in order
    The chair you linked to looks good but I doubt I can use it in front of the computer...

/Magic

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I would recommend the recliner, because if an office chair with neck support is still too uncomfortable, then you need to move a little towards more comfort, not less.
    My question to you would be how you use the recliner then, since it is - as opposed to a normal armchair - customizable and adjustable: do you use a more lying or more sitting posture or in-between?
    I ask because I have a recliner, too. I only use it for energy work sometimes. Unfortunately, I still cannot project by trance induction from waking state - neither sitting in chairs nor by lying in bed (vibrations in hypnopomp state or lucid dream conversion are my only exit methods available to me - so far, thus in both cases I "come from sleep").
    However, I still would like to try 'classical' projection from my recliner, but so far did not succeed. So is it better to be sitting with your feet grounded (possibly better for energy work?), or to push yourself back into a more vertical 'reclined' position? And do you use any neck support or keep your head free?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

I use it as reclined as possible. It sort of feels like I'm at a 45 degree angle, but I think it's closer to thirty-five. Of course my head is supported, I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
    I would also recommend you do it early in the morning, about two hours before wakeup time, if possible.

I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
    mine doesn't :cry:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
    That boggles my mind. Does it not support it because there's nothing behind your head, or is it just tall with nothing to stabilize your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    That boggles my mind. Does it not support it because there's nothing behind your head, or is it just tall with nothing to stabilize your head?
    no head support, or I would have to bend back unnaturally too much to reach it, but I can try to put a big pillow on top (and leaned a bit to the wall), maybe it works

Is there any relation to the clarity of obe on can achieve and discomfort of body (but still comfortable enough for body asleep), are there expert obe persons here who uses the bed and has very conscioes obes despite this setting?
    I´m thinking a person who projects from bed and stays out longer out in rtz should have more difficulty staying awake instead of a person projecting from a chair, since deep sleep there is not really a factor.
    Is there a time limit in rtz you should not cross?, of course this varies with experience but I´m thinking seasoned projectors.

/Magic