Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Meditation and sleep

Freawaru Guest
    Dear Aunt Clair,

I am truely sorry to have given so much pain to you. It was not my intention and I appologize with all my heart.

I second everything Vic said. His path, he calls it "unlearning" is the path I have been walking for more than twenty years now and my experiences and insights agree with what he describes. And just like him I do not see the Hermetic path and the Wisdom Path as mutually exclusive but as completing each other. This is why I started to become curious and learn about the Hermetic Path a few years ago and why I joined this forum. I have learned a lot from you about the Hermetic Path and I thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Clair
    Everyone has eyes and they should use them . Every human can develop clairvoyance and projection . Everyone has a light within them and it should shine as brightly as possible . I feel that Meditation is about recieving messages .Visions and Realms are meant to be seen . Wings are manifested for projecting . Why would anyone cover their eyes and have their wings clipped to sit in darkness and hear nothing ? But all paths lead to God .
    I agree wholeheartedly to all you wrote - except that for me meditation is describing states of what Vic calls the Wisdom Path. Robert Bruce calls a technique that can easily lead to the Wisdom Path "taming the mind". He described it in Astral Dynamics as "thought control". This thought control had been my starting point more than twenty years ago (I had found it on my own) and lead me to my experiences. So for me meditation is about taming the mind and the Wisdom Path while trance is about recieving visions and learning to fly and the Hermetic Path.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Freawaru Guest
    After a second read I do not second everything Vic wrote after all. I exclude the last two paragraphs - obviously

Aunt Clair, please do not be too harsh to yourself. After all it is my fault, too. I should have realized I hurt you and stopped pressing the point. I only realized what happend when it was too late already. I hope it will never happen again.

Vic Sage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    And just like him I do not see the Hermetic path and the Wisdom Path as mutually exclusive but as completing each other. This is why I started to become curious and learn about the Hermetic Path a few years ago and why I joined this forum.
    In light of Aunt Clair's much-deserved sabbatical, I think this is a point that is very important to remember.

I can easily understand how a break from one's community -- especially when that community is an internet forum, where opinions are usually much stronger, tensions usually run much higher, and confrontation often seems inevitable -- could be exactly the kind of vacation one needs for perspective and healing on all levels of the self. In fact, in today's capitalist society, driven by fear of material loss, it's all too easy to get caught up in the Us vs. Them attitude, and solitude is often the healthiest thing a person can give themselves.

However -- as we've all already established, Aunt Clair, I think it's clear that this community has acknowledged you as one of its foremost experts. You have done things and gone places that many of us can scarcely dream of, and many of us yearn to explore that same territory.

From eight or so centuries into the past, St. Francis of Assisi reminds us that it is in giving that we receive. Aunt Clair -- I would suggest the possibility that there are great opportunities for you to give here within this community, and so there are also great opportunities for you to receive.

So, with both sides of the coin revealed -- by all means, Aunt Clair, go where your heart takes you. Do what you must do, and continue doing it until you are well. We are with you.

Best,

Vic

bronwyn Guest
    Be healed.

Spirit led me to come in here and say that.

It could be for ALL of us.

Much love.

[/b]