Thread: A Mind Unhinged

A Mind Unhinged

Oh boy... Has anyone read the latest issue of Time magazine?

They mention lucid dreaming but associate it with Jared Loughner's psychosis.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...042358,00.html

I'm reading this and i'm like..what the hell.What does lucid dreaming have to do with what this lunatic did.

They even go so far as to list conscious dreaming as a warning sign for psychosis:
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... -2,00.html
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

Re: A Mind Unhinged

I don't know if the reporting agency is just being ignorant about it, or if they're just misinformed. It is alarming that something like lucidity can be confused with the inability to tell the difference between dreams and reality, but that's the problem with the media.
    However, it would seem to me that it's possible that he was interested in lucid dreaming because of his inability to hold on to material reality- as an attempt to 'ground himself', which of course messed him up, because he grounded himself in the wrong 'reality', in this case.

In an almost tangent aside, I have noticed lately that many local news agencies have begun alarmist-type reporting of binaural beats as 'gateway drugs', something that is patently absurd- as if there is a push from somewhere to try to dissuade people to do any kind of introspective work. Reminds me of fundamentalist religions telling people not to meditate because it 'opens them up' for demons and the like.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hmmm. If you WERE prone to psychosis AND you regularly experienced lucid dreaming, I can see how there could be a serious problem determining in which reality you were operating at any given time.

However, I did a full on report on lucid dreaming back in my university days, and I did it for a psychology class with a very perceptive teacher. I read quite a lot about lucid dreaming, and nowhere in any of the literature did I see any particular warning that it was in any way associated with psychosis.

Time Magazine is usually better at fact-checking than this.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

"A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

There is a serious influx of concepts into the mainstream. A friend showed me the Law of Attraction referenced on the front of a US teenie mag, and I saw an article about lucid dreaming and astral projection featured on the front of a German women's mag.

Such influx is often paired with massive misunderstandings, but this one is beyond the pale.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    This is really good, by the way. I recommend it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    It's a good response to the misinformation. Glad Ryan Hurd put that out there, and glad you put it up here beekeeper
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.