Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Feelings With Energy Work

MajorTom Guest

The Feelings With Energy Work

I've been using the NEW system now for a while; however, i don't really feel much. a few unusual sensations that i cant clearly describe, something similar to numbness... I was working on moving my point of awareness around my hand and I felt a sensation similar to a round object moving in a circle on my hand. Is this a normal sensation involed with MBA or is it something I comletely made up with my imagination? I dont get the feeling usually described like tingling/tickeling, so it leaves me wondering... Any help would be much appreciated.

Wandering_Hermit Guest
    I had the same problem of not being able to tell if the sensations I felt were just my imagination when I first tried using NEW as well. If you havent already I would suggest using the MBA on both your hands and your feet as well since these seem to be the areas most sensitive to energy sensations. Also one limb is usually more sensitive then the other. Once you feel definite sensations you should be able to tell the difference from moving real energy instead of it being a product of your imagination.

violetsky Guest

Re: The Feelings With Energy Work

Dear MajorTom,

Sounds like you are getting a start here. Please don't get discouraged.

What can help a great deal are concentration exercises. Learning to focus our energy on one thing can be a huge help here. There is an excellent book you could get to help you. It is not expensive but also it has been out for quite awhile so you should be able to get it through interlibrary lone.

"Concentration - A Guide to Mental Mastery" by Mouni Sadhu ISBN#0-87980-023-2.

I highly recommend this book. Excellent exercises given there. Once you reach a certain level of one-pointedness concentration you will find the NEW method very easy to do in a very powerful way.

Big Hugs. The more you practice the better it gets.

Very Best Wishes,
    violetsky

Quantitativefool Guest
    I have read the source Violetsky recommend and it is truely a phenomenal resource, it greatly increased both my desire to meditate and do energy work. It did this by showing what your mind is capable of and giving clear methods of how to attain it.

Very best wishes,

-Stu

MajorTom Guest
    Thanks for the help, I managed to gain some control to make this affect happen; however, i usually have to meditate for 10 min or so. I was watching TV and during the commercial, I manged to get it concentrated on one finger in a matter of seconds It's really good for my progress, the feet is is different story though.. BTW, I can't order any books about any of this, so I just rely on articles and whatnot through the internet....my parents are Christian...but not Christion..hard to explain,. But any way, they might have a problem with my new found enlightenment...either that or they wouold think of it as extremely stupid..hard to tell with them sometimes.

MajorTom Guest
    Hmm, about this book...it sounds very interesting. The only problem is..I can't find aplcae in the world to just download the thing....my partents don't go with the whole buying things online deal...I guess I'll just have to try without the book...self discipline is it? I also find that the scratching method just confused me.... Thanks for the help anyway....

I did notice something that was awesome today though.....as I wa practicing my MBA and got the feeling good ( or so I think ) It felt as if my heart and throat chakras opened with a noticable sensation...how can working with MBA on my hands do anything like this?

Rydel Guest
    how can working with MBA on my hands do anything like this?
    There are many secondary energy centers in your fingers and hands. By stimulating them, you may eventually feel a similar sensation, though probably a little less pronounced.

gorillabait Guest
    Hi MajorTom,

A good way to increase your sensitivity to energy would be to concentrate on a single point at a time, rather than doing the moving awareness sensations. I've found in my experience that both are very effective energy work techniques. A real good place to start would be in your tan t'ien, found between your belly button and your pubic line... it's sort of hard to pinpoint exactly, but it's around there. You can also try your belly button, which often causes a lot of sensation with practice.

You might want to try alternating between moving awareness exercises and stationary ones, since I believe they both have great merit and might even work better together. You can try holding your awareness on your finger for a short time, and then doing the moving exercises on that same finger, and see how it works for you.

Michael

Lion Guest
    Apologizing for getting temporarily OT here, but are you the same Major Tom, who was formerly a mod on these forums?

MajorTom Guest
    About the off topicness (if thats even a word) Im not the same MajorTom that your thinking about...I'm new to this whole thing, despite being psycicaly sensative all my life...I dont have the same deep theories and understanding like most other people here do, though I hope to one day...Im probaly not as old as the person your thinking of either..(I'm about to be 15 on the 4th of next month) I wish I had started when I was much younger, but, cant change the past..