Thread: A mirror in a lucid dream

A mirror in a lucid dream

This is an interesting part of a lucid dream I had recently.I was walking inside a building, it was boring, there was nobody around and I was wondering what to do, and how to change the environment or where else to go. As my wish is to see human auras, I decided to call for someone who could give me tips on how to learn that ability. I made a command to appear someone before me to teach me to see the auras. Surprisingly, a big mirror appeared near me.
    Thinking afterwards about this experience, it is quite obvious that the mirror may have act as a symbol showing me that I must teach myself to see the auras. However, a doubt crawls in my mind about this because I actually didn't see my reflection in the mirror.

Blog Entries

Re: A mirror in a lucid dream

Mirrors in dreams usually say what you think of yourself, or what you think others think of you. They are also doorways. I have the impression that this is a gateway. If you want to get help to see auras (or any other type of enhanced sense) you have to take a step out from your own self into another region - either somewhere else, or further in, for instruction.
    Something like that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hello, atanas.

Did you see anything in the mirror? Did you stand in front of it?

Cheers,
    Oliver

I remember looking into a mirror once in a lucid dream and the reflection I saw was not mine. It was some old white man. What does that mean?

Then this second time I've saw a reflection of some persons face who was partially deformed from what seemed like a burn. But this second time wasn't a lucid dream.

Blog Entries

Francisco, as CF said, what you see may indicate your self-perception at the time. I've also had the experience and I felt like the person may have been a member of my soul group, a parallel incarnation.

If it happens while you're lucid, you can always ask.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I have stepped into a mirror and I got to a mirrored version of the room i was in At first i didn't realize it but I told a friend that i stepped into a mirror in a dream and that i got into another room. He then asked if it was a mirrored copy of the room i was in and i recalled the dream and realized that it actually was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atanas
    I made a command to appear someone before me to teach me to see the auras. Surprisingly, a big mirror appeared near me.
    Can't help but think of the maxim, Know Thyself

Quote Originally Posted by CF
    Mirrors in dreams usually say what you think of yourself, or what you think others think of you.
    Well, there I have it ! I looked in a mirror and saw a worn and weathered black share-cropper laborer type guy .

I being white and 'artistic', that does give cause to pause. Then again, no rule doesn't have it's exception. Stiiiiill ?????

[Edit] On further reflection I can see how that might not be an exception after all....
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by francisco
    I remember looking into a mirror once in a lucid dream and the reflection I saw was not mine. It was some old white man. What does that mean?

Then this second time I've saw a reflection of some persons face who was partially deformed from what seemed like a burn. But this second time wasn't a lucid dream.
    Hi Francisco. I don't know your beliefs but...these weren't you in past lives? ...just came to mind
    What you love you empower. What you fear you empower. What you empower you attract.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I've also had the experience and I felt like the person may have been a member of my soul group, a parallel incarnation. If it happens while you're lucid, you can always ask.
    Same for me. I believe it is a past life (in my case, need not be so for other cases/persons of course). In his "Oversoul" Course, Nick Newport recommends a technique: as soon as you get lucid, try to visualise a mirror to look into as fast as you can. He claims that this is the perfect way to 'view' one (or more) of your incarnations. (I haven't done this yet though, I only see my"past?"self rather 'unlucid' in dreams or false awakenings in mirrors).
    This collector of useless clutter.