Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

Hi,

Do you believe in God, as in a literal, separate being with it's own personality, and can talk? Have you seen such a being?

I thought that most people here would believe that we are all one consciousness, and there is nothing separate, and outside of ourselves, except for illusion.

Or, do you guys use the term God as a metaphor for pantheistic beliefs?

But, to keep it related to the forum, do you believe in fake astral Gods? For example, when you pass over, do you believe that there is a fake astral God waiting for you to give it attention? Are these thought forms, and/or extra dimensional aliens (who might use technology), or are they discarnate beings who love being in authority and love attention (our energy)? Would these fake astral lords/Gods be in the Monroe 24 bands, the believf system territories, and/or beyond and/or before them?

I read Robert Monroes' works, and here is an interesting experience with an astral entity that claimed to be God. It's a hard read on a forum, as it doesn't give a clear indication of who is talking. Here is the exerpt: (Monroe, Ulitmate Journey, 1994, p. 208-209):

"But I must turn back—let me explore a little farther before I
    do so . . . What? Blinding energy—I cannot move!
    A voice in my head—a cold, admonitory voice . . .
    I am the Lord thy God, whom you serve.
    . . . A feeling of intense pressure, as if I am dissolving
    . . . now I am in water . . . my lungs are full of water . . .
    I must have air . . . get rid of the water . . . no, it can't be,
    it isn't so . . . there is no water . . . I have no lungs. I am
    being made to think that is where I am . . . it is an influence
    . . . I know it is not so. The pressure releases . . . I can feel
    fingers of energy probing for the core of me . . . I can stop
    this . . . close the receptors . . . close tight . . . I remember
    how . . .
    You do not remember! You do not remember!
    But I do . . . I remember the tests, the training experience
    from my I-There . . . they were so real . . . I am
    ready, ready for this demanding energy . . . it cannot harm
    me. But what is this? What god can this be? It cannot harm
    me or affect me . . . be calm, warm, friendly . . .
    Do you not accept me as your god?
    . . . the idea of a god that threatens amuses me . . . I
    let this idea flow out . . .
    Ultimate Journey
    Do you not fear me?
    . . . I release a picture of me blowing apart again and
    again into millions of fragments, and reconstituting after every
    explosion . . .
    You are damned! You are no more than wasted energy of me,
    who is your Lord!
    . . . the energy fades to a tiny point and vanishes. How
    many more like this may I encounter? . . . a waste of my
    effort . . ."

Well, it is clear that Monroe met up with a false astral entity that claimed to be God.

THoughts? Much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by ASKI
    Hi,

I thought that most people here would believe that we are all one consciousness, and there is nothing separate, and outside of ourselves, except for illusion.

Or, do you guys use the term God as a metaphor for pantheistic beliefs?
    Interesting way to put the question, implying that there is 'only' 'one' way to interpret.
    I personally am a panantheist (not pantheist) and believe that God is all, but not just it- immanent and transcendent at the same time.

But, to keep it related to the forum, do you believe in fake astral Gods? For example, when you pass over, do you believe that there is a fake astral God waiting for you to give it attention? Are these thought forms, and/or extra dimensional aliens (who might use technology), or are they discarnate beings who love being in authority and love attention (our energy)? Would these fake astral lords/Gods be in the Monroe 24 bands, the believf system territories, and/or beyond and/or before them?
    I don't have any set beliefs related to the afterlife, only ideas based on my provisional beliefs and experiences, but have experienced beings pretending to be 'who' they were not. So if a negative entity (or even a positive entity, such as a facilitator pretending to be a loved one, for example), I would not be surprised to find that there are entities pretending to be gods.
    I have no opinion on the matter, just what seems to make sense to me.
    --
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I personally am a panantheist (not pantheist) and believe that God is all, but not just it- immanent and transcendent at the same time.
    What she said.

I'm also quite omnist, which is someone who sees and appreciates the value and wisdom of all religions, although I don't really subscribe particularly to any one these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't have any set beliefs related to the afterlife, only ideas based on my provisional beliefs and experiences
    Ditto, again.

My overall thought on the astral/gods/whatever thing is that living people frequently pretend to be that which they are not. They'll sometimes come up with very complex and extensive lies and disguises in order to support that false identity. I can't think of any reason why this behaviour would be limited to material beings.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ASKI
    Hi,
    Do you believe in God, as in a literal, separate being with it's own personality, and can talk? Have you seen such a being?
    yes I believe in a God who can talk and has a personality.

To see him/her, go look in a mirror.

If you read "The Middle Way" by the Dalai Lama, he demonstrates there cannot be a judeo-christian God. Its a proof.

Blog Entries

I'm with CF and CW on this one.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

RyanParis Guest

I do believe something put the material world here on purpose.

Why? For one, I've seen the astral dimension, as described in Astral Dynamics. I've seen it more than once, possibly three times by accident, when falling back asleep into the dream state.

Who put it there? Who put the astral realm there? Also makes one wonder... who put the material realm here?

I don't claim to know. It could be a strange or creepy entity for all I know, or a creator full of love, but I do believe the material world was put here on purpose.

Not in the religious sense. I think this God or Source is more like a consciousness that gave birth to our universe, all the dimensions and everything else. I also believe that this God only seems mystical from our small point of view. Kind of like the organisms in our body would think we are mystical beings.

I have been gathering my own scientific evidence, I know I can leave my body- So I know that the spirit or energy survives death, where it goes after that I have no idea! But I'm excited to find out!
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

My thoughts are in alignment with CFTtraveller and Natalie-1984 - except I am not sure that the organisms in our bodies see us as being more aware than them(not sure).

I just finished typing in another post regarding my idea of higher self. I believe that we have many levels to our being. I would term the highest level as my higher self - God. I believe God lives in everyone in this form, equally. Perhaps God was once whole but decided it wanted to experience itself, so when it turned in on this thought it created the big bang - and then all these separate aspects of itself was created, souls ready for experience. Perhaps we are all one and our separatness is an illusion...

Perhaps our higher self will appearto us to save our life or teach us something in the form of a teacher, a child, an angel or even an animal.

I wouldn't be suprised if some entities do hang around waiting for people to worship them as God and fool them into thinking so.

hello,

given the power of a personal belief, a group belief magnified, a national/cultural belief; an 'idea' of a 'believed reality' (ideology) is ultimately open to being disproved, or debunked. how so? simply by another's power of belief, or group, or nation/culture.

however, this does not disprove, as in the dalai lama's proof of no judeo-christian god; that G-d is not. it merely debunks the dogma and doctrine held in belief of, or the personal and interpersonally accepted limits, vs. any other accepted ideology.

G-d is, for example, thought/language/idea (reasoning/logic)...arising to human reason that is both consciously and unconsciously bound in dualistic and most often duplistic fields of pre-existing divine reason. being human is being a cause within a greater causal field/fields.

at any rate, a healthy relationship is at it's best when released from labels/titles, ideo-logical thoughts born of predisposition via acculturation, based within experiential evidence which is not self-evident proofs as per upwards of 7-8 billion myriad incarnations mutually present as human kind.

certainly we as collective mankind have reached our peak of absurdity, when 'god' is tossed around as if discussing which current cell phone thrown into the brevity of market, is the best possessing all the bells and whistles most suitable to any given personal 'ideal perspective' desiring of functionality unique to itself alone.

for example, how could one know that a lama goes into retirement? did the child choose/accept the lama, or did the lama reincarnate as the child? if the latter, then how does the 'individual' choose such course? but of course, upon 'fat' book sales. dear tibet,...so long and best wishes from the restaurant at the end of the universe.

if for one second we could somehow look at all this outlying 'believed' reality, we might see that all of it is by beliefs humanly upheld. then seeing beyond that veil, we might recognize that which ever stands around us, et all, upheld without any mere thoughts held by mankind's whimsically absurd reasoning.

plant acorns all day, and oaks are what you get in response to human effort. yet, et all, does not require us to plant acorns, as that task pre-exists our absurd authoritative analysis.

it is historically referenced that upon arrival to the new world (america), a squirrel could travel from the eastern coastline to the plains, without ever leaving the tree tops. i am presently aware that this is not a present possibility, due to our 'beliefs' about resources, and the denuding of natural landscape in a matter of a hundred years or so. not to mention the massive erosion loosed upon a virginal ground no longer able to uphold in it's unatural uprooted state of absurdity postulating 'god's' mission upon a 'new world' at the expense of the pre-existant old nature.

it takes a thousand years for nature to produce 1 inch of topsoil. for every 5 gallons of water used locally, 1 gallon remains locally, while 4 escape due to local inability to retain water via erosive runoff. quite literally one drinks/uses the sewage treatment plant's output upriver.

as a test, take about five minutes, stand in your bathroom, and contemplate the commode, where the ideo-logy of out of sight out of mind, with a simple flush, keeps us believably free of consequential self-evident truth, while pondering from said porcelain throne. i can't imagine how the latest handheld techno-advancement is going to impact a positive change, much less allow a G-d free of inane thoughted reasoning, when in point of fact, that which deduces 'god' as believable/unbelievable cannot see past the convenient instant disappearance of it's waste.

do i believe in God? if i do, let me root this 'idea' out, such that pre-existent nature might root back in.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

„I say, if one knows anything in God and affixes any name to it, that is not God.“
    - Meister Eckhart

„The Tao that can be expressed is not the eternal Tao.“
    - Lao Tse
    This collector of useless clutter.