Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Re: Do you believe in God?

"You know you have created God in your likeness when he hates all the same people you do"

-love that one!
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Just a thought, not a clever one at that.If I had been born on a desolate island with no wisdom to the idea of a god,and I had heavy vibrations before an out of body exit, I would be thinking of a power far more powerful than I could understand. Maybe god is not a he (or she) but a power far more intelligent than our human brain can understand. Just a silly thought.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

SleepGOTweird Guest

God is something that I have tried to live without. But I keep searching for our relevance as a species, and how much it hurts when I shy I away from that search. For me, there has to be a test for us humans, and if not, then I am very worried and distraught by the current and meaningless (terribly cruel) existence we have been captive to; but this is something I no longer believe.

I can no longer believe this place to be my home, and refuse the best this current paradigm has to offer. I am holding out for something more. I am holding out for true leadership.

I do not trust myself, and the best, most brilliant and beautiful creations of my imagination are not respected by me; they only add to my suffocation.

I believe in god because I have to. There is nothing that I understand, only that there are threads sewn into this world that have tainted it, by DESIGN.

4. Re: Do you believe in God?

Possibilities are endless...If you wish for a God, you will find one. Once you find it and continue to look for then you will find the God of the God. This is endless.
    When I had my first OBE, I thought , this is it...This is the ultimate reality. Now, I realize that this could only be a very tiny part of it. There should be even more deeper reality and it is soooo deep that there is no end. It will continue as much as you can handle it.
    Whatever you looking for, you will find it. Like scientists, they will look for smaller and smaller particles, as long as they look, they will find even smaller particles than exotic particles. It will never stop, because everything is just a probability. God, you, me, existence, astral planes, and other realities beyond consciousness and astral planes, beyond thoughts...there are more as long as we can discover...

what is there to be dis-covered, beyond your gathered 'self' within and without, caught slap dab in the middle of it? there is your beginning and end, as You, as you presently are, pontificating the self-excusing neglegible journey of self-centered interests exclusive of 'all else' while claiming this undiscovered discoverable 'all else' as human excuse. know thyself, as this self known is under-standably everything that said 'self' would of a notion in gatherance of notions...BE.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

SleepGOTweird Guest

Tutor, wouldn't you agree that there is a narrative with very important players working behind the scenes?

If so, where are we in this narrative?

In finding our connection with god, do we suddenly become god? In finding your connection with me, do I suddenly cease to exist? Does in understanding that you and I share a common energy source mean you are me?

Blog Entries

I realise you addressed these questions to Tim, and I trust him to answer them in his own irreplicable way, but I felt a spark of inspiration and wanted to make a few comments. Take for what it's worth (which may be nothing at all ).

Quote Originally Posted by SleepGOTweird
    We're all creating our own narrative. We do it on auto-pilot, for the most part. The unified nature of Consciousness allows us to weave other narratives into our own, as well.

In finding our connection with god, do we suddenly become god?
    The realisation is not usually sudden. But, yes. Except that we also understand that "god" is probably not what our ego-self thought god was, in the same sense that the ego-self must come to recognise that it is not what it thought itself to be.

In finding your connection with me, do I suddenly cease to exist?
    Nothing ever ceases to exist. But it's a weird question. Why would discovering one's personal connection to another cause destruction or death? I don't understand the question, I guess.

Does in understanding that you and I share a common energy source mean you are me?
    In a sense, but it's more that we are made of the same "stuff". We each have and ARE a unique perspective with a unique narrative. No two narratives are precisely the same, and no two viewpoints are precisely the same. So, no, you are not Tim and Tim is not you, any more than the cup on my desk is my chair. But it's all generated from and part of the exact same Source, and, ultimately, all Consciousness is One Consciousness.

Just as a side note, this is not something I read somewhere or picked up from a guru or anything else like that. This is what I experience and live, and I've just had a rather significant (and very subtle) shift of perspective, so I felt uniquely positioned to comment just at the moment, while the blush and glow of this new perspective is still shiny and fresh in my conscious awareness.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

8. Re: Do you believe in God?

When I first got interested in OBE's, and had some success with them, I started to lean towards believing in God, mostly because I accepted that I had a soul, which was I assumed the method of travel during my exits. I think I was foolish to link the two things together.

I do not believe in God, not in any of the big well know ones, or any of the smaller ones. There simply isn't any evidence that is strong enough and big enough to support such a massive claim.

You have to look at the idea of God in a historical sense, to get some perspective on it. There are so many to choose from, and for the most part they cancel each other out, so they can't all be real. Who here now believes in Zeus or Thor or any of the other dead Gods who used to be in perfectly good standing amoungst our ancesters, but who now lie dead in that mass Diety grave we call mythology.

But then I've never had any experiences of a God, not personal experience, like feeling the power of the Holy spirit etc.

Tutor, wouldn't you agree that there is a narrative with very important players working behind the scenes?

In finding our connection with god, do we suddenly become god? In finding your connection with me, do I suddenly cease to exist? Does in understanding that you and I share a common energy source mean you are me?
    hi SGOTW,

tough question. CPW answered it with apparent understanding. wow

the story: once upon a time - and they lived happily ever after

you may accept from your centrality wherefrom past and future radially emerge to flow out and return to integrate, like a breath, have in this precognitive sense, completed the story from beginning to end; such that 'once upon a time' and 'happily ever after' are both a done deal.

however, central in and of you are. so, it is about awakening to receiving yours in return as it were you whom emergently sent it out.

do we suddenly become god? hmmm, does one suddenl become their Mother, their Father? no, but often it is that a the next generation of parent will suddenly awaken to, and most often in disgust, "omg, i am my mother!". boom

but this brings peace when it is integrated properly. for it were only that which we misunderstood, that which had not yet endured, that separated us from our parent's seemingly ridiculous rules of thumb; and when we awaken to the same ridiculousness flowing fom ourselves, well needless to say life has it's profound ironys.

are we each other? thank goodness no we are not. but we are of the same while our in the same allows us individuality. our separateness is of the world only, and we are ever within a "world", an endless story. but a story that seems as disconnected as would every book held in the library of congress, they only related through the human authorship, yet everybit representative of altogether relative human growth.

is a cell in your big toe you? is a cell in your liver you? is a cell in your brain you? all yes, identifiably you, down to the very dna that is uniquely your signature. like that are we all relative in the world, as well as of god - one body of humanity.

the problem here stems from 'thinking' god is excluded in the world (place). this has to do with each, as well as with all, that are presently in the world, all undeniably of god whether they think god is or not.

let's look at the arc of the covenant stolen from the temple long ago in 'the story', never to be returned. the first child born was named ichabod which means the lord has left the temple. the lord was out in the world. the metaphor here is, that the perceived enemy suddenly arrived, captured, and took away the lord from the temple and out into the world. this is aligned with 'why bad things happen to good people', wherein there is no such thing as a bad person, persons merely have bad habits. these habits, behaviorally conditioned, exemplify the perceived enemy outlying that would come capture the lord in your temple (your body). so, this is about perceptions and how the world unalterably reflects what is denied from within, as if the bastard children of our heart's discontent would come visit from without.

so, we look at the world right now, outlying, seeing all the frightening unfoldings; and we may surmise that the enemy has arrived to capture from within the lord and bring him out into the world. for through us is this second advent, from within us to that that which is 'without' and grave need of god in the world out-lying.

i am out of time, got to run....later

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    CPW answered it with apparent understanding. wow
    No need to act so surprised, mon frere!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast