Quote Originally Posted by myoobe
I came to this site looking for an answer to this question as well. I have never tried to have OOBE's, yet I have them like it or not. If I become aware of what's going on once I "get there" it's quite fascinating. What scares me is being completely aware by feeling the paralysis and/or vibrations, seeing myself leaving my body and feeling like I have no control over it. My OOBE's are always unintentional and when I sense it coming I try to fight it. I've heard that people try to do this and it's happening to me involuntarily. Why is this happening and how can I get to a point of just enjoying the ride?
Fear of paralysis/vibrations, letting go, the dark, the unknown, astral noise, astral sight, death...there is a lot going on and a lot of moving parts. It can be tough sometimes, the fear can be a little overwhelming and because of that it can be the major focal point of the experience instead of the experience itself.

Try getting your mind off of the fear. You can do this by doing something you like, something that makes you happy and makes you feel good about yourself before going to bed.Try filling yourself with good, positive feelings/emotions/moods before bed. This may sound kind of simple and not too cool but i have found this to be very helpful with involuntaries.

Fighting it may not be ideal. I understand though, you are doing what you have to do to get by.
You may not want to stomp something out now that you may value in the future. By fighting it at the onset of sensing it you are conditioning/training yourself to shrink away from entering trance, which is what you'll need to enter once you start consciously projecting too.

Why are you getting more and more involuntaries? Fear has a way of attracting what you fear back to you. Korpo talks about this a little bit here
http://www.forums.astraldynamics.com...p?f=65&t=22621

It might also have a little to do with how if you fall asleep with a little bit of fear on your mind it kind of keeps your waking mind a little active as you are falling asleep, maybe just enough to notice projection signs.