Thread: Close encounter

Close encounter

Hi everyone, It,s good to be back.
    I first posted March 22 2010 on this forum under 'My encounter with myself' but was unable to get back on. Got new computer and new e mail address, problem sorted.
    I've had about 10 OBE s thanks to Astral Dynamics and hope to share them with you in time but I've chosen the following one today for a reason I,ll explain at the end.

In January last year my father came to live with us after being diagnosed with a terminal illness. This allowed me to get close to my dad and care for him for the last 6 months of his life. At times whilst being self employed and working full time I would be tired, stressed and tested to the limit but my promise to myself was No regrets and dad must Never feel he was a burden. And he never was. I found meditation and reading Bruce's book my little haven I did a lot of energy work . When dad went to bed early I would do the same and read.
    Put the handkerchiefs away now.On with the OBE.
    Feeling a little lost and flashes of ---what if there is no after life...what if I never will see dad again ...I put out thoughts for a few nights that I want to see my guide. Nothing happened for about 7 days.
    Then.....
    One night went to sleep normal. Husband came up to bed after work about 2am So after waking up I'm now trying to get back to sleep. He starts snoring (as usual)Can't get back to sleep but eventually feel relaxed and a sinking feeling.I,ve got to stay awake now because I know this is the best time to achieve an exit.Felt an itch but knew I mustn't move. Then the vibrations started from the toes to the head. This is it. I've done it.
    However, unlike before this time I'm rolling around (forward rolling) next thing I know I'm on all fours at the bottom of the bed on top of the bed cover and feeling very embaressed. I look back and can see hubby asleep and can feel the pulling of the cover to get back to my normal sleeping position.Trying to think of an excuse should he wake up and see me.If it was my physical body what would I say.
    Vibrations start again but this time very very strong.
    I'm now rolling in the opposite direction like a chicken on a skewer.Trying for the rope pull this time it doesn't work so whilst facing the pillow I pushed on the pillow and this seemed to work.
    I'm now at a height above my body and suddenly in the corner of the room in front of me was a man.
    I'm still turning and he is still there looking at me. I remember saying " OH MY G-D I CAN SEE HIM IS THIS MY GUIDE? i CAN SEE HIM BUT CAN HE SEE ME? At this point he seemed to bend down slightly as if looking through a window and raised his left hand slightly in acknowlegement. There was a slight smile but not the same elation that I was feeling. He then appeared to be holding an open large book and he ( I felt was wanting to get on with Teaching me. )
    The energy diminished and he faded away. I felt as though I opened my eyes straight away but who knows?

The problem I have I would welcome some feedback on.

1) Robert says (page 483 AstraL PR) " Symptoms of high level contact can appear ....but not through projections"
    2) If this was a dream which I know it wasn't surely I would have made him look as I thought he might look?

His appearance took me by complete suprise.
    I would say he was in his 30s. Slight oriental background (possibly Chinese) He was very smartly dressed in casual wear with pale trousers and what looked like a polo shirt.
    I would have liked him to look a bit more exited at making contact. I hope this was my guide but I would welcome any feedback on this (if your still awake at the end of this) It's taken a double episode of Emmerdale to get through this
    Thanks for getting to the end of a long story. Promise to keep the rest short.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Blog Entries

Re: Close encounter

Hello, susan.

What a promising experience. Books are often symbols for an upcoming exchange of knowledge. I think even in "Astral Dynamics" there's reference to being shown a book. This could herald teaching experiences.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I believe when Robert says "high level" he means like angels or avatars, for that you'd have to be in the higher planes.
    A guide is probably not considered 'high level' in his worldview, and he doesn't believe in guides, IIRC, if that is what he was. It's hard to say, did you say this was in MAP, or AD?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I enjoyed reading your story, Susan! If it can help you «validate» your experience, I'd also like to say that I had a very similar experience to yours.
    I have no clue whether mine was a very lucid dream or some form of spontaneous projection... Or something else. Like you though, I have held the desire to see my guides for some time. One night, I was so elated that I could not sleep. To pass time, I started sending thoughts to whoever could be listening and went on chatting like this for a while. I then thought, «Since I can't sleep, now would be a great time to show yourselves!» I was kind of joking and didn't really think it would actually happen, but like you, that night, I saw a man standing in the corner of the bedroom, near a window. He had a gentle smile and smiling eyes as well, though just like the man you encoutered, he had some composure and was not showing «excitement». There was a lot of warmth emanating from him though, and so, I don't think the composure is something to be taken «wrong» or to feel disappointed about. He appeared in his thirties as well. Unlike the man you saw though, he was very simply dressed and only wore a white robe. But like you, he came to give me something symbolic : a key...
    I didn't dare to ask his name and I am still not sure of who he was, but I do believe he was one of my guides. I'd be likely to believe that you also met one of yours, though you are more suited than I to figure out what your own experience really was to you

I heard that sometimes our higher self makes itself known in the form of angels, people, children (little people) even animals. Sometimes when it is there to help us along it uses a form that we will feel comfortable or safe with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lightgal
    I heard that sometimes our higher self makes itself known in the form of angels, people, children (little people) even animals. Sometimes when it is there to help us along it uses a form that we will feel comfortable or safe with.
    I agree that this is another way to see it: it may be the higher self. I wondered about this lately, whether I was working with spirit guides, or my higher self, or self aspects or my subconscious mind, or…I’ll stop here because there may be no end to this list.

Spirit guides and the higher self are concepts, and concepts are no absolutes. Robert Bruce has his own concept of what a guide is and what the higher self is, but you’ll also find other authors, whose views and concepts, quite different from Robert Bruce’s, are still as valid as his own, according to their experiences. Concepts can only render an imperfect and filtered view of the «whole» to which I doubt we have access as human beings.

Sometimes I wonder if we are simply arguing over words… If we were to look further than the words, would we actually find out that we are all talking about the same thing in the end?
    It’s as if we were all in a museum watching the same sculpture from a different point of view. Obviously, we see it differently. For instance, one standing in front of the sculpture doesn’t see it the same way as one who is looking at it from behind. They both can’t see the whole, they only see parts of it, and different parts of it that is, and they argue over what they both see, even tough what they both see is valid, according to their own experience…

In the end, I came to the conclusion that there are many valid possibilities and if I chose to talk about a «guide» here, this is because from my point of view, it is what resonates the most in me, though I am perfectly aware that this is a belief I chose and that I may just as well come to think otherwise at some point. Susan shall also be free to see her experience as such, if this belief suits her, and someone else shall be free to believe in the higher self or whatever else feels closer to his/her personal «truth».

I’m starting to believe that words and concepts you will choose to describe your experience won’t change the core experience in itself anyway, just like the sculpture doesn’t change because you have started looking at it from a different angle. So I guess the important is to appreciate the experience in itself: how did if feel to you? What does it tell you? How does it relate to you? And here, the best person to answer these questions… is you. Books and other people will certainly help to enlarge and enrich your own views, and will help you see things from different angles, but in the end, such answers lie deep within each of us.

Well, I think I got carried again!
    Don't get me wrong though, I was not aiming at anyone in particular here... I simply wanted to share something I found out lately

Wow am I so pleased to have the opportunity to discuss this. Thank you all for your input and it has certainly given me food for thought.Although I am very much a novice at this subject my OBE s started before reading Robert,s book.At that time the people I was around were all into spiritualism and talked of 'Guides' so obviously that was the direction I would think in. Astral Dynamics is a whole new learning experience for me and has helped me more than any other book. Last March when I wrote of seeing my other self and seeing 'ME' turn around and look and chuckle at the other 'ME' it blew me away.I am now starting to think that I have a lot more to understand but I may be on the verge of walking away from the Guide theory.After all the important part of the story is that I or He restored my faith when needed.(and if it was me then arn't I a clever girl)
    Susan
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

*chuckle* you are a clever girl. This if fun.