Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: needing inspiration

needing inspiration

I'm very new to this forum and to astral projection. I've only been actually trying for a few weeks now. I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I had some beginners luck and now nothing. What I experienced was this...I was meditating using the "gateway experience" at home series. My first two times listening to the audio brought me into a full body "buzzing" sensation as well as a falling inward sensation. I heard some audio hallucination telling me "congratulations you've made the first step". I was so excited, felt full of joy. I just kept falling deeper and deeper. What held me back was my fear and that my heart was physically pounding so hard it was concering and distracting. To those of you who have astral projected were these experiences the beginning? Was I close to an exit do you think? I've been unable to bring myself to this state again since then and it's frustrating. I think my doubt about this is blocking my progress. anyway, thanks for listening and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

Re: needing inspiration

Hello, tashalee.

That was a promising experience. I would say more is to come if you are patient.

I wouldn't recommend trying to replicate past experiences. This often leads to frustration, and also causes some people to tense up. Let each experience unfold on its own and see where it takes you - what sense and body impressions unfold for you, how you experience your self image to change and so on.

It's good to have such a validating experience early on. Now you basically know that what you're doing is part of a larger process for you. Few things are done in one step after all...

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tashalee
    I've only been actually trying for a few weeks now. I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I had some beginners luck and now nothing.
    I felt just like you when I was still new at this... Actually, I'm still quite at the beginning of this path, but anyway... I've noticed that phases like that are normal, at least in my case. There was a time when I could record something new (however small) every week, but then I would reach a «plateau» when things would calm down and nothing new would come up for a certain period. Then new things would start adding on again...To slow down again later.

And this is till going on at the moment...

But... No hurry is needed on the spiritual path... I believe that things eventually unfold as long as one is patient and perseverant, as long as one goes with the flow, with whatever is going to come up (or not) and as long as one is willing to keep learning...

Quote Originally Posted by tashalee
    I'm very new to this forum and to astral projection. I've only been actually trying for a few weeks now. I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I had some beginners luck and now nothing. What I experienced was this...I was meditating using the "gateway experience" at home series. My first two times listening to the audio brought me into a full body "buzzing" sensation as well as a falling inward sensation. I heard some audio hallucination telling me "congratulations you've made the first step". I was so excited, felt full of joy. I just kept falling deeper and deeper. What held me back was my fear and that my heart was physically pounding so hard it was concering and distracting. To those of you who have astral projected were these experiences the beginning? Was I close to an exit do you think? I've been unable to bring myself to this state again since then and it's frustrating. I think my doubt about this is blocking my progress. anyway, thanks for listening and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    I could see how you would think you could be blocking yourself, if your fear is outweighing your desire to project. The feeling sits there like a lead plate, a combo of fear of the unknown and losing yourself, losing control.There could be a lot of other stuff in this block too. You've had early success, that's not always that common, so maybe a little scared of your own potential.It may help to take to a diary, really ask yourself why you are afraid. Are there any notions you currently hold that would cause you to feel reluctant to open the block up?Maybe you read something somewhere or heard something from someone that was a glamorization. What are your preconceived notions, are they rational, can you let some of them go? If you can't and you feel like you are up to sharing some of your fears you can post them and get some feedback from others.

It can be hard, i really really dislike facing my fears, at times i think i am a bit of a masochist, i will throw myself into positions that i know are out of my comfort zone.That may not be what you want to do, probably not a good idea. confronting your fears...there is really no way around it, if you want to keep going at some point you are going to have to.Sorry this is getting kind of doomy gloomy

Korpo wrote a really nice article on fears on the boards.I can't find it though...

It can be scary but you will be fine. People use a rollercoaster analogy a lot. i like that analogy too. All that suspence and anticipation leading up to the actual ride sometimes you'll feel the same thing when laying down to attempt a projection, It's energy, use it! Projection is even safer than a rollercoaster is, might as well throw up your arms and let it all out!
    Have fun
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Fear was the hardest thing for me to overcome, my desire had to outweigh my fear. I have only had 3 conscious exits now. During the first 2 exits there was about 1/2 a moment where I had to decide to give in to my fear or run with my desire for obe. Luckily, I ended up choosing the experience.

The racing pounding heart sensation seems really scary but I hear that it is not actually our heart that is racing but the "heart chakra" being activated prior to the obe.

I also remind myself that everyone has obe all the time, they just don't remember it. The only difference is I am going to be conscious and directing it.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgal
    The racing pounding heart sensation seems really scary but I hear that it is not actually our heart that is racing but the "heart chakra" being activated prior to the obe.
    A racing/wildly pumping feeling of the heart chakra does indicate in my experience, that you are somewhat overstraining your energy body. Under such conditions, I would recommend to not force an OBE, but instead do something to strengthen ones energybody. Often Chi-gong, Tai-Chi or similar can be better for such, then only do mental energywork.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I would say more is to come if you are patient.
    (...) Let each experience unfold on its own and see where it takes you - what sense and body impressions unfold for you, how you experience your self image to change and so on.
    I read myself again here, and notice that I basically rephrased what you said... Very sorry for babbling... I'll try not to do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    It can be hard, i really really dislike facing my fears, at times i think i am a bit of a masochist, i will throw myself into positions that i know are out of my comfort zone.That may not be what you want to do, probably not a good idea.
    I think it may be a good idea if it's Tashalee's learning style... I know it works well for me too... Very stressful but quickly rewarding!

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    All that suspence and anticipation leading up to the actual ride sometimes you'll feel the same thing when laying down to attempt a projection, It's energy, use it! Projection is even safer than a rollercoaster is, might as well throw up your arms and let it all out!
    Have fun
    I find it interesting how you use your expectations (was it what you meant?) to make things happen... Makes me wonder why I try so hard to repress mines... The problem is, I tend to feel disappointed and discouraged, just like Tashalee, when things are not up to my expectations. So I'm trying to lower my expectations, but then not much happens...! It's great that you found the right balance for you.

Blog Entries

Hello, poeme.

Quote Originally Posted by poème
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I would say more is to come if you are patient.
    (...) Let each experience unfold on its own and see where it takes you - what sense and body impressions unfold for you, how you experience your self image to change and so on.
    I read myself again here, and notice that I basically rephrased what you said... Very sorry for babbling... I'll try not to do so again!
    Do you think so? I found your statements about experiencing "plateaus" in development quite insightful fully in their own right without any overlap.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Thank you Alienor. I will work on strengthening my energy body and relax into my obe, perhaps that will calm my racing heart experience.

Regarding what Poeme said about expectations. I wonder if intent and desire would be a more appropriate application than expectations. I know they sound like almost the same thing, but expectations do tend to let people down. Intent and desire is a work in progress, keeping one's eyes on the prize without giving up. Not focussing on the "failures" we all to often judge ourselves as having and joyfully looking where we know we our leading ourselves to - the prize (in this case obe).

Thank you everyone this has all been most helpful Facing my fears, knowing this is all a process to be enjoyed, there is no rush and to work on my heart chakra...all helpful and appreciated. Would any of you recommend websites, books etc. that would not be over glamorizing an OBE and astral projection? I would like to know more about what it really is as maybe this would also help me relax into the experience. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast