Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Most Rapid and Direct Means to Eternal Bliss

Blog Entries

The Most Rapid and Direct Means to Eternal Bliss

I haven't read all of this, though I did skim through somewhat, and found it interesting enough to share the link. Free and online, though you can buy a paper copy if you want. They also have a Yahoo group if you're interested, but it doesn't appear to be very active.

Anyway:

May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Re: The Most Rapid and Direct Means to Eternal Bliss

Surprised to see this mentioned here.

It was a satisfactory neoAdvaita/Zen book until I discovered Dzogchen, the king of nondualism.

By the way, there are a LOT of books like this by Eckhart Tolle, Robert Adams (Silence of the Heart), Nisargadatta Maharaj, Ramana Maharishi, Adyashanti etc.

Blog Entries

I would also recommend "Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing" by Jed McKenna.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

nice, i liked it

Really can't stand the ego(thought) bashing though...

So many different definitions to the idea of the ego. Reading this helped a little:
    http://www.egodeath.com/virtualego.htm
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    nice, i liked it

Really can't stand the ego(thought) bashing though...

So many different definitions to the idea of the ego. Reading this helped a little:
    http://www.egodeath.com/virtualego.htm
    Thank you heliac. I found it refreshing.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sono Guest

Thanks heliac, that link lead to a very thought provoking collection of articles!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    I haven't read all of this, though I did skim through somewhat, and found it interesting enough to share the link. Free and online, though you can buy a paper copy if you want. They also have a Yahoo group if you're interested, but it doesn't appear to be very active.

Anyway:

Thanks CW, as someone who is constantly chasing, trying to find and then remain hold of their awareness, i found this book link very interesting, not read anything quite like this before.
    I wonder if this can help me in my awareness quest ? i hope so
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Ah, well, here's a bit of a hint that might help somewhat.

Awareness is what IS. You can't get it, achieve it, create it, generate it, or anything of the sort, because it's already there, everywhere, all the time, infinitely and ubiquitously.

What actually happens is that "you" become less and less opaque, and what starts out as a tiny little tunnel of understanding gradually becomes bigger and bigger as "you" get out of your own way.

So it's not that you can become more aware (though we use that term often because it's convenient to use), it's that you become less unaware. You don't gain sight, you lose blindness.

Make any sense? It may be something that has to be experienced to be fully grokked, but perhaps the pointer will point you in a useful direction.

Too add to this...

Make a sharp distinction between awareness and mind (thoughts).

By the way, awareness is just ordinary awareness coming out of your eyeballs and is looking at the computer screen right now.

Now you are a nonduality master just like Adyashanti or whomever.

If you need more help read the second paragraph here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen

Blog Entries

Ok, Thanks CW,

it's that you become less unaware. You don't gain sight, you lose blindness.
    i'd not thought of it that way before,

i do feel i have been 'losing blindness' over the last few years and i do have phases where i feel like i have expanded awareness and many ways to recieve input and life, but i can never maintain these phases, i always lose my ability to 'hold-on' to, or remain at this level.

I do have trouble being 'present' with 'anything' and am often what i call 'not here' unaware or unconscious (automated) with myself and my life, though this is the thing i am most keen to improve

I just can't seem to get what i need to remain in these better 'spaces', no matter what progress i make, i never seem to be able to keep hold of anything and then progress or improve further...... maybe it just takes time..... and i am too impatient to get to a better 'space'

I 'woke up' (you could say)in 2006, so i guess i've only been really working with it/myself for nearly 5 yrs, i've probably just got more stuff to clear

----------------------------------------------

Thanks Enochian,

Make a sharp distinction between awareness and mind (thoughts).

By the way, awareness is just ordinary awareness coming out of your eyeballs and is looking at the computer screen right now.

Now you are a nonduality master just like Adyashanti or whomever.
    Actually i often feel most aware when i am also able to think, or at least, when i am able to be aware of my thoughts and my thinking self (which isn't all that often unfortunately)
    I am more connected to my feeling-self than i used to be, which allows me to experience more.

Yes, ordinary awareness seems to be wherever 'ones' attention is, but then there seems to be this 'complicated bit', which requires 'one' to be aware of 'where one is putting their attention' and again i find this a real effort to do most of the time.

Well, there might be the potencial to be a nonduality master, but i aint living it or experiencing it yet, Enochian

I have never really got the hang of meditating, i always just fail to maintain my attention / awareness and fall asleep, or 'go off somewhere' - think i need to try again so perhaps i can get more understanding on the awareness v's thinking side of things

I read the link - thanks
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce