Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Thematic Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Thematic Dream Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I would guess that these cases were thoughtforms sent out by others and hanging around my energy field till they would resolve in a dream scenario, just like my own thoughts and emotions do.
    This makes so much sense... Perhaps everytime we think of someone, such thoughtforms are created, consciously or not, and reach this person's energy field. Maybe the person pick it up or feels it to some degree if she or he is open to it, which would explain so many small strange things that happen to everyone: thinking of a person just before he or she calls or just before you run into him or her, feeling suddenly extremely sad (or extremely joyful) for no traceable reason, etc. Then I guess such thoughtforms may be cleared out through a dream, just like you say, or it may dissolves itself after some time, quickly or not, depending on how strong it is.

This shows how much influence we may have over each others and just how much we are all together in this adventure called «life»... I find this fascinating, yet slightly scary at the same time!

Similarly I have believed for quite a while that a good deal of the thoughts we think are resonances of the thought and feeling forms (what Robert Monroe called the "M-Band") making contact with our energy field. As we develop spiritually less and less of the lower thoughts and emotions resonate, leading to an ever calmer and more settled mind.
    Resonances... Like attracts like, in other words?

If I understood you well, what you say implies that a good deal of our thoughts aren't exactly ours...
    This had me thinking that perhaps one cannot identify to his or her thoughts at all, since it's possible that they aren't truly entirely «ours»... They seem to be everyone's, to be available to anyone who is likely to resonate with them...
    Also,the influence of others constantly transforms our thoughts and ideas and plant seeds in us, seeds that may be watered by other thoughts and ideas picked up in someone else's book or through someone else's words, until these seeds grow and bear fruits. In the end, these fruits may be the result of so many thoughts and ideas borrowed from others that it becomes strange to see them as «ours alone»...
    ...Really got carried and so off-topic here! But thanks to you for bringing me there I guess

But I digress.
    But it was so interesting to read

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    The point is this: I believe that also as a "lucid" (projector/dreamer) you can pretty well interact with "non-lucids" ("normal" dreamers, so to speak), especially when they are personally and emotionally entangled with you (friends, lovers, kinship, etc). I will post this event soon. I have recent instances that prove to me that as "lucid" (projector) I interact with the (emotional) dreams of my mother, some physical / astral-counterpart locations also play a role here.
    Sounds really interesting. I'm looking forward to reading your story!

She, of course, seems to remember none of it, although I tried to implant memory by agreeing on a code word - in vain, though (I did not ask her directly yet, but checked for keywords and her reaction, maybe I need to press her more directly on it). It turns out, I have no other explanation as to have been - almost violently in a way - drawn into her vivid dreams one or two times now.
    I don't know what would do the trick here... Maybe a different type of implant woudl work better? In a story I read (Winged Pharaoh from Joan Grant), a «dream priestess» of ancient Egypt would, in the «dream», put her hand (or was it a finger) on the person's forehead (or on the third eye I guess) and say something like «You will remember this» as a method to implant memory.
    Maybe it would be worth a try... Then, you would have to ask your mother to tell you her dreams though... I don't know if you two have this kind of conversation... As for myself, I certainly don't chat about my dreams with my mother (or very rarelly) but...

Quote Originally Posted by poème
    Perhaps everytime we think of someone, such thoughtforms are created, consciously or not, and reach this person's energy field.
    Did you read the Seth book(s)? That is what is talked about there, too. You always kind of send "light copies of self" to other persons when thinking of them.
    Then, you would have to ask your mother to tell you her dreams though... I don't know if you two have this kind of conversation... As for myself, I certainly don't chat about my dreams with my mother (or very rarelly) but...
    No, me not really either normally, I could have tried get into this conversation to relating to the topic (of her dream). Maybe I will give it another try, at least maybe try to elicit somehow the password I gave her.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Perhaps everytime we think of someone, such thoughtforms are created, consciously or not, and reach this person's energy field.
    Did you read the Seth book(s)? That is what is talked about there, too. You always kind of send "light copies of self" to other persons when thinking of them.
    No, not yet... But someone else told me about these books not so long ago.. And I recall that you also told me about them before... I guess this means I should really take a look at these! There might be something for me in there

Blog Entries

Hello, poeme.

I am still exploring this myself, but I have an analogy for you.

Imagine you were a hollow glass ball, and got dropped into water. Now, if the glass ball has cracks in it and holes, it takes in water and sinks to the ground. But if the glass ball is solid it will not fill with water, and it will bob to the surface.

Similarly to this glass ball your being is immersed in nonphysical reality. Your lowest impulses will determine at which level you end up. As long as your energy body has these cracks and holes caused by your own unresolved emotions, obsessive thinking, unfulfilled desires, disregarded needs or beliefs in conflict with reality, the body will sink down to the level where those things originate. You can sometimes bob up beyond that, but you will sink back down again until you take care of these matters.

Also, as long as these openings in your energy field exist, they allow in such energies and thought forms that are in alignment with them. A person with unresolved anger issues is more prone to getting angry again and again. Such a person is also prone to be the spontaneous receiver of undesirable feeling forms. Let's say this person walks into a room full of angry people - for example on the airport when a flight got cancelled - is also more likely to spontaneously have angry thoughts without even making the connection that it is the environment causing them.

The picture Volgerle quoted from Seth is especially suitable when thinking about directed obsessive thinking. I have multiple times had dream scenarios where people who wanted something from me badly showed up in my dreams, trying to continue their manipulations. This was really their thoughtforms finding me.

Many thoughts that spontaneously cross our mind are not the result of directed thinking, but from such impacts of thoughtforms, but also seemingly randomly arising from unresolved material within. How often have you found yourself derailing your own train of thought by being caught up in an old grudge you bear someone, or a memory from your youth? This is exactly the kind of tendencies many meditation techniques try to resolve by directing your attention back to the object of meditation.

So, there's outer impact, and there's also habits of thought, and there's unresolved material, and the consequence is a busy mind. I wouldn't exactly say most of our thoughts derive from elsewhere, but a spontaneous experience has taught me by example that the mind can even go on thinking when it is not "I" doing the thinking.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Hello Korpo!
    Thanks for the analogy...I think I may not have understand entirely what you meant the first time.
    And this made things very clear:
    Imagine you were a hollow glass ball, and got dropped into water. Now, if the glass ball has cracks in it and holes, it takes in water and sinks to the ground. But if the glass ball is solid it will not fill with water, and it will bob to the surface.

Similarly to this glass ball your being is immersed in nonphysical reality. Your lowest impulses will determine at which level you end up. As long as your energy body has these cracks and holes caused by your own unresolved emotions, obsessive thinking, unfulfilled desires, disregarded needs or beliefs in conflict with reality, the body will sink down to the level where those things originate. You can sometimes bob up beyond that, but you will sink back down again until you take care of these matters.
    As for the Seth books, I borrowed two of them at my local library, so I might be able to come back to you (and Volgerle) about this concept you two mention. If I picked the right Seth books that is, for there are many of these!

Blog Entries

Dream communication – Part II – Dream beds and bedroomsand bedrooms

In my dreams, I seem to enjoy chatting in bed(!) And somehow, I feel that these dreams may be other cases of dream communication... Typically, the dream setting is a bedroom, but not necessarily my own: more often than not, it is my childhood’s bedroom (back home, it seems…). The person or being visiting me is usually at my side (at a respectful distance) on the bed, and we simply chat together. Sometimes, the pattern may be slightly different and instead of a bed, there may be a mattress laid on the floor, especially if the dream setting is not the bedroom. The visitor may also be standing somewhere else in the bedroom, but in all cases, I am still laying on the bed (or mattress) while conversing.

August 13, 2010
    Conservation with a strange visitor…
    That night, an alien-looking being visited me in my dream childhood bedroom. There was a heavy dream overlay: it didn’t even slightly look like it (but this is not that unusual in my «normal» dreams). The being had a grey-blue coloured skin, a long and very thin body, long legs and a long skull, no clothes, (but it seemed normal). He was standing at the feet of the bed on which I was laying, and from that distance, we chatted…about stuff I totally forgot when I woke up! But from what I remember, he (or she) was non-threatening and I held no fear at all. Moreover, the conversation felt somewhat slightly friendly…

About «home»
    I don’t have any proof that this being was not a dream character or that it was not pure dream imagery, but the symbolism of the dream bed and the dream bedroom really intrigues me…
    Since these dreams typically picture my childhood’s bedroom, back «home», I am led to think that my children’s house, at least in these cases, is likely to be a symbol of my «home» in the dream state, i.e. where I come from, where I grew up. In the waking state, I moved out more than 10 years ago, but I always considered this house as my «home». And since I tend to move a lot in the physical, it is a «home» I also view as permanent and stable, my anchor, a place where I could always go back to… And where do we go back to every night while we sleep...?

About dream bedrooms and beds (or mattresses)
    The dream bedroom may symbolize my personal dream zone in these cases. After all, a bedroom is a private and personal space. As for the dream bed, I would be likely to think that it represents the private space where my consciousness rests and revitalizes itselfwhile in the dream state, most of the time in my personal dream zone (bedroom) or outside of it when a mattress is simply laid on the floor out of the bedroom.

Conversations in bed
    If the dream bed in a dream bedroom is indeed a symbol of the private space where my consciousness rests (bed) in my personal dream zone (bedroom), the beings and persons whom I then picture at my side on the bed may be closely in touch with my consciousness at this moment. How so? I may literally let them enter my dream zone (bedroom) or perhaps this kind of communication may work from afar. It could then mean that these persons or beings connected with me from their own distant personal space, while I was in the dream state, in my dream zone, and this is how my mind translated this type of connection and communication. These are wild speculations of course, but the next story, one of the strangest nights I have had so far, leads me further on this path of thoughts…

June 25, 2010
    Connection with a spirit
    I First set of dreams: the love triangle
    At first, I seem to be only an observer and I don’t think I am in a dream body. One of the main characters is young woman with beautiful white hair. She seems to be involved in some love triangle: two young men are accompanying her in different scenes. One of these scenes is set in a bus. She is sitting next to one of the men, and the other one is sitting alone on the bench ahead. The man at her side is in love with her and he tells her so, and this makes her uncomfortable, aware that the other man may be hearing this. He also mentions that they kissed before and this seems to disappoint the other man and makes her even more uncomfortable.

The I recall some scenes focusing on the other man (the disappointed one) alone, scenes where he appears young, handsome, gentle and with a good sense of humour, always there to give a hand… I wake up in the middle of the night….

II In the waking state: a phone call in the middle of the night
    …And shortly after, I hear the phone ringing (It is around 3 am!). I seriously wonder who wants to reach me in the middle of the night, but I am so tired and the phone is so far away, that I don’t feel like getting up. «Leave a message, if it’s important» I think. The phone keeps ringing until I hear my greeting message – the whole thing – but no message is left. I fall asleep again after some time spent thinking (and watching the ceiling).

III Second set of dreams: a strange chat in bed…with a spirit
    I am lying on my bed, in my actual bedroom. Next to me, there is a man. He looks «solid», just like any other dream character, but I seem to know that he is a spirit and I seem to know that he is the spirit of the disappointed young man whom I had dreamed of earlier that night. He looks different tough, older, with tired features. For some reason, I ask him if he was the one who called me earlier… and he says «yes»(!)

It’s not directly linked to the theme, but in this conversation, he mentioned two very intriguing things…
    The «angry tiger»
    He said something about «an angry tiger» watching over me, who did not approve of his presence here with me. It seems that even tough this being watching over me (a guide, a guardian angel, or a self aspect guarding my consciousness) was wary of this spirit’s presence, his hands were tied and he could not do anything, as if I had given this spirit my permission to get in touch, therefore, the guarding «tiger» could not (and perhaps would not want to) go against my will… This makes me wonder how and when I gave this spirit such permission… On the bright side, it shows that we are watched over and protected, as long as it goes hand in hand with our own will…
    «My god»
    He also mentioned that «my god was beautiful» (!) I was not religious back then, and still am not, but at the time, I was trying to understand the concept of God, and I was kind of reshaping and adapting the traditional beliefs into something else, more personal to me. He was probably referring to this personal view or belief I was forging at the time, which perhaps was a thought form he could see or have access to since he was in touch with my consciousness (he was next to me on my dream bed). I also mention this because it’s tied to what comes next… The spirit’s presence seems to interfere with my energy and I feel strange energy changes or vibrations in me. I tell him, firmly, to stop this, for I want to stay on my god’s side, I want to keep my beliefs. (I am not exactly sure of the words used here; I only recalled the over all meaning and the feelings associated with my reply.) He stops and it ends this scene.

IV Searching for the girl
    We are walking together on a narrow stone path and we keep chatting, but I lost the details of this conversation. I think he wants me to help him find this white haired girl he was in love with in he first set of dreams. He disappears and I start running along the path for I know I am almost «out of time» and I am searching around for this girl. Did I find her? I am not sure. I recall a scene in which they are pictured together, but since I did not remember all the pieces of these dreams in chronological order, I am not sure if this scene came in the first set of dream (before I searched for her) or the second set (after). I can only hope that it came after…

Again, I’d be curious to know if you are familiar with these dreams symbols or if you think such types of connections are pictured with different symbols in your dreams. If you had similar experiences, I’d love to read about them also. In other words, any comment is welcome, as usual
    Last edited by poème; 15th June 2011 at 02:09 AM.

Re: Dream communication – Part II – Dream beds and bedrooms

About «home»I don’t have any proof that this being was not a dream character or that it was not pure dream imagery, but the symbolism of the dream bed and the dream bedroom really intrigues me…
    Since these dreams typically picture my childhood’s bedroom, back «home», I am led to think that my children’s house, at least in these cases, is likely to be a symbol of my «home» in the dream state, i.e. where I come from, where I grew up. In the waking state, I moved out more than 10 years ago, but I always considered this house as my «home». And since I tend to move a lot in the physical, it is a «home» I also view as permanent and stable, my anchor, a place where I could always go back to… And where do we go back to every night while we sleep...?
    About dream bedrooms and beds (or mattresses)The dream bedroom may symbolize my personal dream zone in these cases. After all, a bedroom is a private and personal space. As for the dream bed, I would be likely to think that it represents the private space where my consciousness rests and revitalizes itself while in the dream state, most of the time in my personal dream zone (bedroom) ...
    I am truly fascinated how strong the parallels to my experiences are with these 2 points. Yes, I have also my childhood bedroom as a starting place for many (lucid and non-lucid) adventures. It is also "home" for me. However, I think there is more to it - at least in my case, but possibly in yours, too, if you check on this.

First, we know from dream symbolism, that a "house" in general can also signify your "self" (or "ego" in this life). So it might be both. An astral/dream zone that is still private, and due to its privateness it is about your"self". The childhood room again might thus represent the very inner sanctuary of home-feeling and security.

For example, I had a dream about a necessary renovation on the roof. Likewise in physical life my physical body has most of its problems at the head (ear, nose) currently, possibly also energy probs with the upper chakras. Also I had a complete renovation of the upper floor bathroom lately, this renovation with modern furniture and installations can also mean to put new things "into the head" and this is what I do now, since I am about to learn a lot of stuff for me in a new field in my professional life (It is about health and medicine, therefore the bathroom as the most 'sanitary' place in the house makes a lot of sense to me).

However, this kind of "self" might also have an outer aspect to it (as a house, e.g.) that might represent your personality to the outer public (astral) zone and can be looked at and "visited", possibly entered if you leave a permission (or by violence if it is more of a neg entity). This leads me now to the second point:

Secondly, I call my childhood bedroom also "gate" or "portal" now since it features in most of my lucid or semi-lucid adventures as a starting point, but also in regular dreams. I once flew lucid through the window and it seemed I was immediately on the Astal Plane over a city (later could even get higher up, possibly to the Mental plane - it was a library).

Thus, we have numerous aspects of the "house" or "room in house" combined: It might be 1) an outer (visible and partly accessible) astral representation of your 2) inner "ego/self" and private/dreamzone place, which somehow could also be 'entangled' with the 3) physical counterpart on Earth somehow (not necessarily in the same timeframe, since e.g. my childhood room of course does not exist anymore today, but that is not important in the Astral) and 4) your deliberately (but still subconsciously) chosen starting place (to "go out") for astral adventures.

So this is my advice (or rather two): if you like should you ever be lucid in your bedroom, try to fly through the window and you might have an astral experience. However I also have flewn out of other exits of my childhood/parent's house lately, sometimes even - quite conventional - I left (completely lucid) through the main entrance door (after a memorable talk with my Mum). Secondly, maybe (if lucid) you could to try to examine the other rooms and the vicinity too and then try interpretations that have to do with your "self" and private life.

Yes, I also had strangers at my bed (but this time it was my current bed and current room), once an older lady with a syringe, but I did not felt threatened, rather helped. She talked to me but I don't remember anything of the conversation.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

However, I think there is more to it - at least in my case, but possibly in yours, too, if you check on this.
    There was definitly more to it, yes, and in your reply, you brought some rich elements I will be able to add to my model, which I felt somewhat incomplete, for if I were to consider the bedroom as one’s private dream zone, what would I make of the other rooms of the «home», and what about the home itself?

However, this kind of "self" might also have an outer aspect to it (as a house, e.g.) that might represent your personality to the outer public (astral) zone and can be looked at and "visited", possibly entered if you leave a permission (or by violence if it is more of a neg entity).
    I find this very interesting: that we may have an «address» in the public zone at which we can be «visited» or reached… A private space in a public space… So, the whole house, the wholehome could actually represent one’s private dream zone, and not the bedroom alone. The bedroom would then be an even more private space, the most private of all, the «inner sanctuary» :
    The childhood room again might thus represent the very inner sanctuary of home-feeling and security.
    As for the other rooms of the house (as well as all the furniture and appliances), surely they would also have a specific symbolism and even a function in this personal dream zone (the home, the house), according to what we associate with these rooms (or appliances) and perhaps, to the functions they have in the physical.
    Resting could be the function of the bed for instance, but also sharing intimacy, as in sharing the inner sanctuary.
    Cleaning, purifying could be the function of the shower or the tub.
    And so on…
    I believe these may be very personal and are liekly to change slightly (or perhaps greatly) from one person to another. For instance, I don’t think I would be likely to associate «health» and «medicine» with the bathroom in my case. But when I read this, I thought it made perfect sense in your case. Our dreams do speak our own personal language after all. Some symbols may be shared by many, but some do take on a personal meaning. But you may know that already, so I may be babbling here

As for the bedroom being a «gate» to the astral, I did notice that as well. It makes sense when you think of it : if you leave your «home», ie your personal dream zone, which is already in a public zone (astral perhaps), it’s only logical that you shall find yourself out there, in this public space, often pictured as a city, apparently :
    I once flew lucid through the window and it seemed I was immediately on the Astal Plane over a city.
    Last time I went out of my childhood's bedroom and home, I also ended up flying over a city...

Secondly, maybe (if lucid) you could to try to examine the other rooms and the vicinity too and then try interpretations that have to do with your "self" and private life.
    This is a good idea: I think I will give this a try sooner or later!

Blog Entries

A side note about personal dream symbolism

…And about thoughts, beliefs and concepts

Some dream symbols may be shared by many (perhaps all), since we all share one thing: the human experience, i.e. to have a human body in a physical environment. Some other dream symbols may also be shared by many, since we do share a common cultural background with many…

But despite of everything we share with others, our existence is unique in many ways, and this shows through in our dream language. Lately I had a dream that reminded me to which extent dreams speak the dreamer’s language, a language that is customized, and a language that is not entirely shared by all…

Previously on this thread, I said:
    « (…) the influence of others constantly transforms our thoughts and ideas and plant seeds in us, seeds that may be watered by other thoughts and ideas picked up insomeone else’s book or through someone else’s words, until these seeds grow and bear fruits.»

During the week, this analogy kept coming back to my mind: how thoughts and ideas we attract put seeds in us, and how we are a unique soil (with unique properties) for these seeds to grow in a unique way, and how these seeds are watered by other thoughts and ideasuntil they grow into plants, i.e. a synthesis of many thoughts/ideas resulting in beliefs and concepts.

A few days later, I had this dream which visibly «spoke my language» by using as symbols the elements of this personal analogy I had pondered on during the week (as well as recent life material, since lately, I started worrying about one of my plants that could really look healthier):

March 26
    A visit by a plant caretaker
    I am in «my» apartment, although it doesn’t even look like an apartment… There are walls but no ceiling and no roof either… I guess it’s an «open sky concept» (!) In the «room», there are around 10 plants put sides to sides on mural shelves. A plant caretaker lady is with me. She is there to evaluate how healthy my plants are and to tell me how I can take better care of them. Most of the plants look healthy but one or two of them look dead. She says I will need to replace them. Some other plants look like they are withering. She seems to think that there is no need to worry about these; they need water, but they will be fine… As long as I do water them, that is

Here, the parallels are so obvious to me:
    -I will need to replace old beliefs/concepts that no longer suit me (dead plants) with new ones.
    -Some of my beliefs/concepts (the withering plants) could use water (ideas and thoughts picked up in «someone else’s book or through someone else’s words».)

In other words, I will have toread more and to sharemore…
    Last edited by poème; 15th June 2011 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Hello, poeme.

This also picks up on some more archetypal dream symbols as well. Plants very often represent growth. The plant caretaker is then a guide monitoring and assisting your growth. The dead areas are parts of your life that you have withdrawn from and now need to properly finish up on. The withering plants may be growth areas that need more attention. And the larger part of your growth is doing just fine.

I know what you mean when you talk about the personal dream language, or rather a dream language based on what's on your mind at the moment. I have a recent example of my own:

I had been fighting with the setup of a computer till late into the night in order to make a program work that I want to use to compose music with. When I finally laid down I was asking myself if the effort was really worth it or if I should switch my approach.

I dreamt one single image - a treble and a bass clef and five notes, three on the upper forming a triad, and two on the lower. Also some writing, but the letters written did not resemble the notes written. But both the notes on the treble clef and the notes written as letters formed a chord/triad.

When I wrote the dream to Kurt he told me (he's a composer by profession) that both chords were minor chords and that these indicated that issues might be rather minor. The answer had been coded in a language related to the problem I was thinking about - in the language of music.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast