Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not sure...

yortyort Guest

Not sure...

Hey everybody!
    Now I really don't want to sound cocky or like a braggart, but a few weekd ago I started feeling as if in a "higher consciousness" as Robert described as happening after raising the Kundalini. I know that I have not raised the Kundalini consciously, but I'm wondering if it's possible for it to happen on its own or somethiing like that. I just feel more connected to God and not as selfish or materialistic as I was or as others around me. Please don't get me wrong because as I'm writing this I feel cocky, but I'm just very curious...
    Thanks for any help!
    Troy

Blog Entries

Re: Not sure...

I think Kundalini arousal can happen from engaging in any spiritual pursuit, following a spiritual path (which may include religion, IMO) from doing energy work, and sometimes, from going through moments of great stress and/or emotional turmoil.
    So yes, it's possible- but I don't know if the same can be about raising Kundalini, I think that is a little more specific.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

yortyort Guest

Ok, thank you CF That explains it a little

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yortyort
    I know that I have not raised the Kundalini consciously, but I'm wondering if it's possible for it to happen on its own or somethiing like that.
    Kundalini can awaken spontaneously.

I'll tell you what. You'll know if it's a full Kundalini awakening by the complete and total change in your life, your self, your worldview, and pretty much everything else. A full awakening may start slowly or more powerfully, but the end result is going to be utter transformation, and metamorphosis is excruciatingly powerful to experience.

In other words, you'll know.

What you describe may or may not have anything to do with the traditional idea of Kundalini, but it's certainly a kind of epiphany or shift in awareness. If it's Kundalini at work, it will become apparent in its own time.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Hi Yortyort,

Sounds good.........really pleased for you, no cockiness felt or seen by me....
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

yortyort Guest

Thanks CW! I read a little more on kundalini and now agree, it couldn't have been a full awakening but maybe my kundalini was aroused as CFTraveler said. I take it that you have fully awakened your kundalini? Did you notice a strong mental awakening?
    Thank Newfreedom! I'm glad you read it and understand!
    Troy

Blog Entries

I take it that you have fully awakened your kundalini?
    Yes, though I had no clue at the time what was happening, other than a general understanding that it was healing and transformation. That was around twenty years ago, and it's been evolving the whole time.

Did you notice a strong mental awakening?
    Not exactly. I mean, my mental awareness now is manifold what it was before, certainly, but I was in too much pain and mental and emotional anguish most of the time to really notice the changes. It's only after the fact that I could see it. A lot of things are like that.

By the way, I didn't notice any particular arrogance in your post, but I have no doubt that your ego was/is strutting around thinking it's pretty darned special and so on. Don't worry. That's what egos do. It's all about you, don't you know? (From the perspective of the ego, anyway ). It takes a very long time to get to where you can see through the ego and become detached from it enough that you don't fall for those little games or get drawn in.

Of course, the ego is not actually capable of overcoming itself. It may THINK it is, but it isn't. That would be like a drawing deciding to grab an eraser and remove itself from a sketch.

Also before you can really get over yourself (i.e., get over your ego, see through it, etc.), you have to make a shift of perspective to a place outside the ego.

But, like I said, that took some twenty years. Well, it took about 46 years, because that's how old I am now and I only recently got that shift in what appears to be a permanent move.

Generally, my experience has been that there's a lot of "two steps forward and one step back" kind of stuff, with moments of great awareness followed by sinking back into a more limited point of view, and there have been periods of intense "inner work" followed by long periods of rest and inactivity. I suspect strongly that it's different for each person, but the pattern of gradually expanding awareness and shifts more-toward and more-away from the ego-self and into... well... (no word for this, sorry) not-self, with forth-and-back style experiences seems to be pretty common and quite usual.

The bottom line is that it's not the work of the self, it's the work of the Self. The best the self can do is keep out of the way as much as possible, and let Spirit do the work.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    Generally, my experience has been that there's a lot of "two steps forward and one step back" kind of stuff, with moments of great awareness followed by sinking back into a more limited point of view, and there have been periods of intense "inner work" followed by long periods of rest and inactivity.
    Yes. That's my experience as well.

I had a dream where I saw that I play tennis with creation. That's exactly how this works for me. Some things that seem very clear at a certain point can go away or get covered up by the mind only to come back later. In the eariler days it freaked me out all the time, and I used to put a lot of effort into "bringing that state back" which of course, did not work out too well.

In the end it seems like thing whole thing is mainly about coping. Coping with being unable to be any other way or in any other position than that which I'm operating from at this moment.

The bottom line is that it's not the work of the self, it's the work of the Self. The best the self can do is keep out of the way as much as possible, and let Spirit do the work.
    Agreed.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

yortyort Guest

Generally, my experience has been that there's a lot of "two steps forward and one step back" kind of stuff, with moments of great awareness followed by sinking back into a more limited point of view, and there have been periods of intense "inner work" followed by long periods of rest and inactivity. I suspect strongly that it's different for each person, but the pattern of gradually expanding awareness and shifts more-toward and more-away from the ego-self and into... well... (no word for this, sorry) not-self, with forth-and-back style experiences seems to be pretty common and quite usual.
    Thanks CaterpillarWoman for your advice! I actually feel very much like the "two steps forward one step back" too. A few weeks ago I really had a deep awareness and understanding and it declined as well as the amount of effort I put in to OBE's and energy work almost overnight. I'm not sure exactly what caused this but I was a bit worried that I couldn't recover. I'm glad to know that that's not the case!
    I think now I should take more time and cherish this time of growing instead of rushing for the prize as I did before...
    Thanks for all of your help!
    Troy

yortyort Guest

Also, please excuse me CP for being nosy or rude, but was the pain you felt an effect of raising the Kundalini or more personal? Please don't answer if that's not a comfortable area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast