Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

1. Re: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

That certainly makes sense. Thanks for responding CFTraveler!

Blog Entries

Re: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

Hello, soul elevation.

If you strive to observe the consequences of your actions, over time you will learn what actions and what intents have what outcome. It takes a while, and your understanding will ever deepen, because you interact with a complex world in many ways.

You can also study the lives of others, or biographies, history even, to see what actions have what outcomes. In fact, a big share of human storytelling is about sharing this information, but of course the quality of the lesson varies with the quality of the storyteller.

Cheers,
    Oliver

I do agree re having to be in alignment; & I'd advise you to read Michael Topper's work headed "Why you don't Create your Own Reality" (sorry no link right now)

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
    I do agree re having to be in alignment; & I'd advise you to read Michael Topper's work headed "Why you don't Create your Own Reality" (sorry no link right now)
    Hmmm....

Finding the article was not difficult but reading it was, well...

There were some things I just flat out could not agree with from the onset and way too much rhetoric (Webster's New World College Dictionary; rhetoric: "language that is showy and elaborate but largely empty of clear ideas") . My conclusion? Just one not very well informed or well thought out opinion.

For example: (fair use ?)

Just sit there for a minute. Attune to a mere soupcon of self-reflective consciousness and you can't help but notice you're hardly self-generated; there isn't one thing about yourself, including the environment you perceive or your "personal" will, that issues from any sense of a self-creating "you".
    If I'm dreaming I might look around in the dream and have to fully agree with the above statement so long as I remain unaware that what I am experiencing is my own self-created dream. The world around me, even my own body, the landscape, whatever.

Sure, so long as I lack any real awareness of what is REALLY going on I'll believe that the dream world and my apparent physical presence in it is obviously not self created to any degree whatsoever.

Give me one iota of conscious awareness however, wake me up to the fact that what I am experiencing is in fact a dream, and with that awareness the dream becomes malleable. Nothing is impossible. I can work apparent "miracles".

According to many traditions (Buddhism for example) enlightenment is like waking up to the realization that THIS reality is essentially no different from dream reality. As such it becomes equally malleable to the enlightened sage. It might be argued that such "magic" is a low level enlightenment. Waking up WITHIN a dream is not quite the same as waking up FROM a dream but it is a step in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Booth View Post
    If I'm dreaming I might look around in the dream and have to fully agree with the above statement so long as I remain unaware that what I am experiencing is my own self-created dream. The world around me, even my own body, the landscape, whatever.

Sure, so long as I lack any real awareness of what is REALLY going on I'll believe that the dream world and my apparent physical presence in it is obviously not self created to any degree whatsoever.

Give me one iota of conscious awareness however, wake me up to the fact that what I am experiencing is in fact a dream, and with that awareness the dream becomes malleable. Nothing is impossible. I can work apparent "miracles".
    Quoted for resonance.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I suppose I should add that in reading the various material from the website cited at the beginning of this thread I don't disagree with the general theme of the article. Aside from some of the fire and brimstone - end of the world is around the corner - stuff.

While silently contemplating some intention/manifestation I have often sensed "resistance" or "doubts" arising from, shall we say - elsewhere.

Take the example regarding the landlord who sees it to be in his own interest, apparently, to evict all the low rent tenants and renovate the building and raise the rent so as to make himself a bundle of money.

I'm fairly certain that if such a landlord were to use LOA or whatever and began some such manifestation exercise, in one way or another the interests of those tenants he intended to evict for his own selfish interests would arise in his consciousness.

Before he would be able to proceed any further with the plan he would have to resolve these issues. Modify the intention. come up with a solution that would be for the greatest good for all concerned.

This type of manifestation exercise, in my own experience - raises general awareness and makes one acutely sensitive to others. In my opinion, no such landlord acting out of purely selfish interests would have anything to do with LOA or any such similar practice. If anything, using LOA or something similar would tend to dissolve whatever callous insensitivity existed as far as carrying out the original plan and cause such a person to re-think the whole idea or come up with a solution that would take into account the needs and concerns of others who's lives would be impacted.

I'm not so sure about the idea that we need to be "in alignment with the universe" if "the universe" is conceived to be composed of dead matter.

I would say that for "manifesting" to work the intention must be in harmony or in accord with other points of consciousness in the universe that might be in any way impacted for the greatest good of all concerned. There must be a consensus.

On some higher level of being we are all connected and practices like LOA, in my opinion and experience tend if anything to raise awareness of those connections and interdependence. I don't think it is possible to follow through with any such manifestation type exercise without becoming more sensitive, more psychically attuned, more harmonious, more in alignment with others.

The idea that such LOA type practices will somehow bring about chaos and destruction and hasten the end-of-the-world is utter nonsense and IMO anyone who comes to such a conclusion has no real first hand experience with it, but is speaking out of some irrational fears concerning it.

So yes, "alignment" is necessary for LOA to work.That is a given or a natural consequence. Part of the process. To suppose that LOA could be abused by some callous insensitive individual acting out of purely selfish interest or that someone practicing LOA is out-of-touch with the real world and shutting their eyes is also nonsense. You can't become less aware or more insensitive through a practice that fosters awareness and sensitivity.

Blog Entries

In another thread I commented on the possible danger of the 'wrong' person using manifestation, and the possibility that this may cause certain problems. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I just want to clarify my thoughts on the matter, to avoid misinterpretation.

I am a 'good' manifester. This is because ever since I was a young child I was taught that my thoughts manifested the outcome, or at least affected it. Now, I know this is not typical upbringing- but my family was very either aware or superstitious, depending on how you look at it- and the result is that I was made aware of this and thus learned to see the chain of cause and effect of incidents in my life. I believe psychologists call this "magical thinking" (disparagingly, I might add)- but whatever you call it, I've always had it.

What I didn't get was an education in how to control my thoughts/emotions, so that I didn't manifest what I didn't want- that came later on in life when I became part of an organization that taught manifestation (As the Law of Mind Action, the old fashioned name for this). Once I got some techniques down life got a lot easier- the thing is that it took me a long time to learn to control this (or to get more control, because the mind, emotional or conceptual, is not easy to keep in check) and I still get unpleasant surprises.

This is why I worry about all this info being public (a case of crying over spilled milk, I know)- not because the 'wrong' people may learn to use it, I do agree that to 'believe' in manifestation there has to be a prior 'knowing' about the oneness of all, but because people are not disciplined to begin with, and may learn manifesting techniques without knowing how to control them, causing themselves and others results that they didn't intend- as I have in the past.
    And when you have people with very different ideas of what is good and what is right, this gets a lot scarier, IMO.
    So, that's it, I think.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The sight of the eyes and the sight of the mind is the same, at a different intensity. The intensity of the sight of the eyes may overshadow the sight of the mind but it is inherently the same thing. To manifest is to move a pattern of sensations from one level of intensity into another. To choose one pattern that is dimly lit and make it shine brighter than the old pattern, so that the old pattern is overshadowed by it. Creation is finished. Nothing is created or destroyed, it is merely manifested or overshadowed. Manifesting is the exploration of creation, the directing of the lantern in the cave.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom

Tom, while I agree with much of your commentary, I disagree with this comment. The truth is that you do not consciously create every aspect of a lucid dream. You often become lucid in a landscape that was not your conscious, deliberate creation. Can you be sure it's even a creation of your own subconscious or not in some way created for you by another consciousness? Aspects of the dream may become malleable, or may resist your attempts to control them but you'll never be totally consciously controlling every aspect of the dream. There will also be surprising elements, for instance, which you cannot claim to have thought up knowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    I would say that for "manifesting" to work the intention must be in harmony or in accord with other points of consciousness in the universe that might be in any way impacted for the greatest good of all concerned. There must be a consensus.
    This is what I believe is likely. Even so, there must be variation. For instance, if two souls have agreed to meet at some time in order to interact in some significant way and one of those souls prematurely terminates his own life through an act of free will, then perhaps alternate arrangements are made.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    In another thread I commented on the possible danger of the 'wrong' person using manifestation, and the possibility that this may cause certain problems. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but I just want to clarify my thoughts on the matter, to avoid misinterpretation.

...Once I got some techniques down life got a lot easier- the thing is that it took me a long time to learn to control this (or to get more control, because the mind, emotional or conceptual, is not easy to keep in check) and I still get unpleasant surprises.

This is why I worry about all this info being public (a case of crying over spilled milk, I know)- not because the 'wrong' people may learn to use it,... but because people are not disciplined to begin with, and may learn manifesting techniques without knowing how to control them, causing themselves and others results that they didn't intend- as I have in the past.
    And when you have people with very different ideas of what is good and what is right, this gets a lot scarier, IMO.
    So, that's it, I think.
    I don't think I've seen what was said on another thread.

My response to that is; like it or not EVERYONE practices LOA/Manifestation or whatever one might call it regardless of having learned anything about it or not.

People feel free to hate, covet, think about bad things happening to others and so forth because they have been taught that thoughts have no real world consequences. IMO it is this kind of lack of awareness and irresponsible thinking/manifesting which causes misery in a lot of lives and in the world in general.

Once people understand that their thoughts can and do have an impact, that what they think and project does matter then they can begin to take some responsibility and begin to consciously exercise their LOA potential in a positive way.

Generally, I think the potential good far outweighs any potential harm that could conceivably arise by educating people about LOA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast