Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
I wonder WHAT kind of body (according to e.g. Yogic or Theosophic theory it could have been) that was with such 'abilties'. It still must be a body that is able to "manifest" on the physical/astral plane (as I still - and only - saw the surgery). Causal, buddhic? I would like to ask Kurt Leland about his view on this but it seems he is no longer in this forum now. He also talked about bliss-experience in higher bodies, but he (and the Theosophists) says that the higher of them not usually "worked on" or "went down" to the lower planes.
You did say «usually»… Surely, one would not usually use a car to go to the corner store if it’s a 5 minutes walk. But let’s say you need to go somewhere else, somewhere much farther, because you think you have an important appointment that day, you might take your car then (or a train, or a plane...) …before realizing that you need to go back after all, since you learnt that the appointment was postponed meanwhile...

More seriously, as for what kind of body that was... Again, I'm not an expert, but surely it's possible to have a «mixed» experience combining «abilities»of two types of bodies, or more likely, combining caracteristics of one type of body on another type of plane, etc. Actually, Kurt Leland do say that something like that is possible (as for the different body on a different plane), and Robert Bruce do mention that some experiences appear to be «mixed».