Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Leading Edge of Growth - Kurt Leland

Blog Entries

The Leading Edge of Growth - Kurt Leland

Recently, Kurt Leland posted a new adventure in consciousness to his website. It contained some very interesting and exciting information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Leland, AC 389: January 21, 2010 (Boston)
    We nonphysical Guides always go knocking on the door, as it were, of the highest body people have access to in order to see whether they’re awake and aware at that level. If nobody’s home, we go down to the next lower body, and so on.

“When we find the level where we can connect, we see whether we can get people to wake up again at the higher levels–hoping that we can get them lucid in the highest body they have access to. That body represents the leading edge of their growth. Our job is to prepare it for the next step in its evolution. The tasks to be accomplished usually require the inner senses of that body, or involve developing those senses–so providing instruction in any lower body would be a waste of time.
    Unfortunately, even highly developed souls often garble memories of teaching sessions, adventures in consciousness– even initiations–because they’re unintentionally trying to interpret experiences in a higher body in terms of the perceptual biases of a lower body.”

“This is very humbling,” I replied. “I was under the impression that once your focus of consciousness was transferred to a higher body, that became your base of operations from then on, with a dependable level of lucidity in subsequent adventures.”

“So you might be led to believe by some of the theosophical teachings you’ve encountered. There’s truth in the idea. But there’s also truth in the theosophical teachings that say what’s experienced in the higher bodies is often garbled in the process of being translated from body to body before you wake up.

“Each body contributes something to that translation process before passing the experience on to the next lower body so that eventually it can be remembered in the physical body. You already know the schema, though you may not have thought about it in quite this way. The buddhic body contributes the energetic shape, the causal body the ideas or archetypes involved, the mental body the patterns of their relationships to one another, the astral body the events or plot most suitable for demonstrating these relationships, and the physical body the vocabulary for describing the adventure in words so that you’re able to remember it and pass it on to others.”
    You can read the entire adventure in consciousness here
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

HAITI AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE (BUDDHIC BODY)

Had to rush off but I'm back now.

The second part of Kurt's adventure was related to the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake. It makes some interesting points about the black magic, white magic and middle way paths as well as making clear that when we are required to assist, we will detect a call.

“Calls will come, and they’ll demand everything you’ve learned–and much you have yet to learn–to respond to them properly. That is the law of growth at this level.

“In the meantime, don’t invent reasons to be of service that you’re not called to do. That creates bonds of imaginary obligation that may weaken you, without being genuinely helpful to others, so that when you’re called, you don’t have the energy to respond.”
    We haven’t said much about the undesirability of the white magic path, which we see in terms of good intentions without a call, and trying to invent calls to put those intentions into practice. At worst, it’s attempting to make yourself important by saving the world in a way that has no effect here or anywhere else but to wear you out. At best, it exercises your energy bodies and helps us see potential candidates for further training. But the critical thing is hearing and responding to a call.

We haven’t said much about the undesirability of the white magic path, which we see in terms of good intentions without a call, and trying to invent calls to put those intentions into practice. At worst, it’s attempting to make yourself important by saving the world in a way that has no effect here or anywhere else but to wear you out. At best, it exercises your energy bodies and helps us see potential candidates for further training. But the critical thing is hearing and responding to a call.
    “The middle path has a different relationship to the flow: it tries neither to control it nor to remind it how to do its job. When you’re on this path, you dive right into the flow to see where it takes you–but only when the flow says ‘Come, there’s need!’ The rest of your time is spent in learning how to dive deeper and follow it farther when the next call comes.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: The Leading Edge of Growth - Kurt Leland

Since Mr. Leland's book "Multidimensional Human" I have become a real fan of his, which is to say he is the first of the OBE authors I applaud without reservation. Finally connecting the inner life of Spirit with the practice of supra-corporal exploration he, IMO, has come to the rescue. Kudos, Mr. Leland!!!

Going out, going in; rising up, diving down. I think these expressions are more than semantic, they reflect an attitude that I think is meaningful in personal psychology and understanding. When Mr. Leland says:

The rest of your time is spent in learning how to dive deeper and follow it farther when the next call comes.
    I understand and that is the way I've always felt about other dimensions in travel and experience. I dive down, go in deeper. Maybe it's not an issue at all, but it jives with my experience.

Anyway, Leland's "Multidimensional Human" is a must read!
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

We haven’t said much about the undesirability of the white magic path,
    I wonder who that "We" is. There are all kinds of entities with all kinds of agendas.

I find it peculiar to ask people to wait for "The Call". As who is to say, that those people on the "white magic path" are not following such a call?
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor
    I wonder who that "We" is. There are all kinds of entities with all kinds of agendas.
    This is absolutely true and many 'psychics/sensitives' and their ‘clients’ need to be reminded of this. There is a pretender for any and all situations, BUT when one has been at it long enough, has raised his/her consciousness to a degree of discretion and discernment, perhaps more importantly, has shown he/she is an Earnest Seaker of Truth, then it seems to me the ‘fakirs’ stay away and true teacher/guides heed the call of an evolving human Spirit.

I find it peculiar to ask people to wait for "The Call". As who is to say, that those people on the "white magic path" are not following such a call?
    This is a huge question to me. I see good people much too often acting when they haven’t been called. There is so much suffering in the world one easily waste themselves emotionally and physically putting out fires that aren’t theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leland
    We haven’t said much about the undesirability of the white magic path,
    It’s hard and heart-wrenching sometimes to stand back and remind yourself ‘no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should’, even when it’s an ugly and messy affair and your sympathy is aching. It's tricky; when do I intercede and when do I stand back? I think Leland is right on when he recognizes that even 'white magick' is an error. Truly we are capable of magick, but few are able to discern white from black. If we're not 'called' then it becomes black and the results are often out of tune with the flow of Nature and Time.

With all due respect, Alienor.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    ...BUT when one has been at it long enough, has raised his/her consciousness to a degree of discretion and discernment, perhaps more importantly, has shown he/she is an Earnest Seaker of Truth, then it seems to me the ‘fakirs’ stay away and true teacher/guides heed the call of an evolving human Spirit.
    Actually I found that especially book authors and alike, who can spread "the word" to many people are sought out by teachers with own agenda. I always look at messages from teachers or channellings checking for certain points. If the message does have a limiting effect, or does judge people, that is already a sign, that it is not the highest guide possible. It can be anyway a good teacher. I do treat spiritual teachers just like incarnated teachers.

We are supposed to make our own decisions and then also take responsibility of our actions.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack
    I see good people much too often acting when they haven’t been called. There is so much suffering in the world one easily waste themselves emotionally and physically putting out fires that aren’t theirs.
    How do you know that those people did not receive a call? The call can come in many ways. For a person who does feel "haunted" by the suffering of the world, that is a learning process. Just like realizing that one does not need to convince everybody about what one does think is the truth.

If I see my neighbor's house is catching fire, I will go to put it out. Or, if it is already too big, I would call the fire fighters.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

How do you know that those people did not receive a call?
    I thought about this quite a while. What's a good example? I can't be sure. Who's to say? But that's the issue, it's a personal matter only the subject can decide. As for myself, I basically wet a finger and test the wind. What I mean by that is I try to get a sense of the Flow - personally.

The other night my daughter, Lucy received a call (cell phone) from the wife of her husband's best friend pleading hysterically for help. This girl (we'll call her Mia) had gotten drunk and was unable to care for her infant daughter. There was really no choice, she would have to baby sit both of them; never mind Lucy had just quit her job, being upset about a situation at work, and her husband was plenty upset at the loss of income. The clouds had gathered in her own life, but there was a baby involved and that ♥♥♥♥♥s anything.

So she applies herself to the immediate situation. Mia is a real psycho mess and needs real help - call the fire department type help. Does Lucy hear that call? No, but others might have thought so - time for an intervention type stuff.

I think we should NOT hear the call more often.

I knew a lady who used to work for my buddy the veterinarian. She is victim to an overweening compassion for animals - especially cats. She spent her time comforting the animals in the clinic rather than doing her job and pretty soon lost it. She owns a slew of rescued cats and it seems one or another needs medical attention on a regular basis and this creates a financial burden to her. This together with the fact that she feeds the cats Fancy Feasts which is really expensive if you have a slew of them.

Did she hear the call?

I took a two-day road trip into the mountains to attend a meditation retreat. I had hardly introduced myself when the 'secretary' asked for a $100 donation. All the sudden I didn't hear the call anymore.

Instead I went the next evening to a four-star restaurant and ate a $70 meal. I wasn't called to do that either.

To me THE CALL has everything to do with THE FLOW and little to do with whatever exigencies may present themselves from time to time. We hear the call, if we do, from our Guardian Angel or Oversoul or whatever you choose to call it. This is tricky because it comes from a source we can only intuitively sense.

The problem that occurs all too often is we think we hear it when it's only a subjective echo of our own neuroses.

I could go on but I'm as tired of writing as you are reading so 'bye' for now.
    - E Hubbard

priceless - that which cannot be sold and bought, is hard earned yet freely given, and because it is freed, it is most often not received

"The problem that occurs all too often is we think we hear it [The Call] when it's only a subjective echo of our own neuroses." eyeoneblack

yep...priceless
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Blog Entries

Thanks Tim
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Actually I found that especially book authors and alike, who can spread "the word" to many people are sought out by teachers with own agenda. I always look at messages from teachers or channellings checking for certain points. If the message does have a limiting effect, or does judge people, that is already a sign, that it is not the highest guide possible. It can be anyway a good teacher. I do treat spiritual teachers just like incarnated teachers.
    I have personally listened to and read several of Kurt's channelling sessions. All I have experienced is wisdom and extreme intelligence that I'd describe as genius. The only other channel I've experienced (not that I feel much inclined towards channelling as a source of information) that, for me, inspires such faith in its wisdom is Jane Robert's Seth.

You're free to your beliefs.

We are supposed to make our own decisions and then also take responsibility of our actions

Exactly, but most of us prefer to make informed decisions.

How do you know that those people did not receive a call? The call can come in many ways. For a person who does feel "haunted" by the suffering of the world, that is a learning process.

"The call" is "the call," however you define it. One must examine one's own motivations as part of their growth.

Just like realizing that one does not need to convince everybody about what one does think is the truth
    If you knew Kurt better, you'd know he does not need to convince anyone of anything. He has many followers, however, even though he does not even like people to call themselves his students, because he shares his experiences and these resonate strongly with our own experiences.

I'm glad you've personally made the realisation. It doesn't stop you sharing what you believe to be true, however, does it? You do realise that there's a difference between sharing and discussing and needing to convince? I'm sure you have enough self-understanding not to attempt to suppress the views of others just because they contradict your own at this stage in your evolution.

If I see my neighbor's house is catching fire, I will go to put it out. Or, if it is already too big, I would call the fire fighters.
    This is logically the role of a good neighbour. If your neighbour required open heart surgery, I'm sure you'd leave that to somebody qualified to do so.
    Williams)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast