Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Difficult Spiritual Awakenings, Perceptions, Related Topics

Re: Difficult Spiritual Awakenings, Perceptions, Related Topics

I love your analogy about the bed in the next room, that makes sense to me! I'm not exactly sure how to go about not being in the ego when it collapses, but I think I should practice more body awareness, and being more in the present moment, and quieting the mind. That would be a great start!

Yes, I do feel scattered sometimes and I'm not surprised that you can pick up on that. The lack of sleep these past few days isn't helping me.

I guess I use the going crazy excuse because it's more comforting to my ego than knowing that I am on the brink of something here. My ego doesn't want to be surpressed so it says "you're being crazy!". And I'm still worried about what other people think of me. Sometimes.

I'm so glad I found this website, you guys are so smart and give such great advice and support!
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by natalie-1984
    I'm not exactly sure how to go about not being in the ego
    That has to happen on its own, from what I've seen. The best the ego-self can do is get out of the way, not try to take control (it hasn't got any), and not resist.

I should practice more body awareness, and being more in the present moment, and quieting the mind. That would be a great start!
    These are all excellent exercises with many benefits, the greatest of which is lowering resistance so Spirit can do its work.

My ego doesn't want to be surpressed so it says "you're being crazy!".
    It thinks it's you. It doesn't want anything to threaten that. Totally normal.

And I'm still worried about what other people think of me.
    Well, I think you're all right.

I'm so glad I found this website
    I'm glad you're here, too.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Re: Spiritual Elitism

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx
    Hello heliac ,
    Sorry im a late responder ...dont tend to write much ...prior engagements.. sorry...since i only tend to write when it mantains productivity everywhere and provides for a more quality experience online.

When kundalini unleashes itself...its not a subtle process...like absolute royalty she awakens from sleep only to close her lids again...and again.....and again...until all is arranged around her wholly to her convenience...which was the default setting to begin with....thats what Swami Satyananda Sarwasti says in his beautifully designed course for a more systemized kundalini based undertaking in tantra.
    Genevieve Lewis Paulson takes the same undertone in kundalini and the chakras ..but that as a course fails to take you beyond a certain level....specially once you realize the prevelantly typical "7 chakra model" is somewhat outdated , but that is beg your pardon...digression .

If your'e an especially imaginitive person it's like a Phoenix Raptor in the white heat of total ignition.... occuring afterwards or co-currently with the growth spurt in the Serpentine Phase as over time each kundal undulates away in un-spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by heliac
    A rough experience could also be related to going about the process wrong in deliberate awakenings.
    there's no such thing as a "deliberate awakening"

...it all has higher engineering. evolution is liberation on so many levels i think

Ideally, deliberate as in an approach to a process that is grounded in common sense, slow, considered, carefully planned. Can kundalini not arise by way of careful consideration?The fire will still burn whether someone is a caretaker or a pyro...These kundalini pretzels are making me thirsty
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Re: Spiritual Elitism

On a more personal note Kundalini's mainstream progression took a bad hit with the whole "Gopi Krishna Fiasco"...honestly IMO there is no use whipping dead horses..too much of a one thing that went wrong in midst of thausands that went fine that somehow manages to gain attention for reasons connotative .
    I was particularly drawn the late El Collie's first most trip too a bookstore when her kundalini initially errupted..... she was asking for a "kundalini book" at a store...her husband had to pshyically withold her as she kept breaking out in spontaneous mudras .

Would the moderators please take into consideration adding this thread to the Kundalini forum too? - i think it will make for an informative read for people strolling into there
    I have read about El Collie recently...it's a moving story, and a sad ending :cry:
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

i just can't help but feel instinctively that if it is approached in a sound and down to earth way that a lot of the consequences are minimized.
    Ideally, deliberate as in an approach to a process that is grounded in common sense, slow, considered, carefully planned
    As opposed to quixotic , risky , unplanned and just playing it by the ear because it makes for so much more fun!

It just seems like sometimes people who talk about their kundalini describe it almost like a brutal hazing and that they are proud to have endured so that they can now have a nice big ultimate spiritual merit badge.
    There's not much of a way i can say this without coming off as bigheaded.Allow me to use hypotheticals.Lets just I have a stellar academic profile and ivy league is made for (no donations , no contributions of charity or construction, no kinsmanship).Sheer dint of hardwork.
    Is that me being clique-oriented, blinging off accoutrements?.It's been said on this thread before but i will reiterate anyway : why would this chafe someone the wrong way?

Does being able to endure psychosis really need to be an intrinsic value in anyone attempting to raise kundalini?
    After a certain point in development you understand that reality is tweak-prone...i have no idea who is where at and which place in their developement ... but i do however know when seasoned faculty speaks if i find it useful that if im not taking notes then im at least listening with tympanic membranes well-taut :

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    What you are able to allow in your reality generates the limits. The "me" I am now isn't easily fazed by "weird stuff" happening, reality going wobbly, sudden insights that cause the bottom to drop out on existing belief structures, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    Obviously this is nonsense; to deal with one's own serpent is to work with a part of one's own anatomy, and there is nobody on earth who has the authority to intrude on that process or define one's own personal experience.
    On a more productive note Private Investigation into these things is a fruitful undertaking , then again in my limited understanding all i can suggest is to relax.....take it easy...keep it simple.Drink a lot of water...exercise...meditate.

These kundalini pretzels are making me thirsty
    "Cuckoo-Kool-Aid" rates high on quench-factor.....does wonders for kundalini too i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    This whole idea of "spiritual elitism" is incorrectly placed. It's actually "egotistical elitism" that you're talking about.
    'nuff said.

These kundalini pretzels are making me thirsty
    "Cuckoo-Kool-Aid" rates high on quench-factor.....does wonders for kundalini too i heard.
    LOL

YUCK, Kool-Aid, so...saftey schoolish. Hardly something to get all double rainbow in the sky eyed about.

Now starbucks...there we have a winner
    http://youtu.be/E84YVSzGnyw

Blog Entries

I noted that someone on this board mentioned El Collie, and I went back and read some of her writings. I was struck by this quote, which of course, it not El Collie but Alan Watts: "On seeing through the illusion of the ego, it is impossible to think of oneself as better than, or superior to, others for having done so."

Just thought I'd share that. Oh, and here's a link to the El Collie material, which I very much recommend: http://www.elcollie.com/st/st.html
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

so...saftey schoolish
    Maybe perhaps.....the exact reason why i recommended it to begin with?

i have no idea who is where at and which place in their developement ...
    'nuff said , thats what i said.

"On seeing through the illusion of the ego, it is impossible to think of oneself as better than, or superior to, others for having done so."
    this i will be ruminating over.Thankyou.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4