Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what is the meaning of mysticism and toward what purpose?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what is the meaning of mysticism and toward what purpose?

i cannot claim to know what the meaning of mysticism is, but i recognize the mystery before me. i cannot fathom to what purpose am I within this gathering of us all within our mystery. i rather imagine that we are all mistified in our steeping mysterious humanous so vulnerably exposed, seemingly without cover. therefore all being mystics, hopeful lovers of our incomprehensible selves.

the meaning and purpose of which lying beyond words, as poeme would say. even if we sight within, the words get in the way toward pitching it out in kind. yammering on till doom's day doesnt uncover the mystery toward one iota of mutual concensus.

i enjoy yammering about it, deducing its twists and turns, which always seem to arrive right back to me. what do i ponderously think of 'it'? it is a heavy "thing", this mystery we all share in kind. it is the object of our desire's reach, and the subject of our passionate yearning to understand.

ive given up on it many times over. to bitterly destroy every morsel retreived in searching it out. yet, given due time, like a teasing child, it sweetly beckons me back with an easily grasped morsel that sets me deep in it once again. yes, hopeful lovers, given to one another as children toward a wedded future. the mystery separates us, throws us so far apart and into our yearning for the faintest memory to remind.

if this is my deepest yearning, then i may understand why this mystery teases me so. for "it" too yearns just as I do, for our returning conscious awareness together again as one. children, so wide awake to life, without want nor need, freely touching the bigness of life, for it to eventually recede into smallness and insignificant forgetfulness.

O horizon yonder looming! where is my home? why am I yearning from lack's desiring reach, and lost in the mists of time, separated from that which i know not what, where, when, why, who and how it is?

why am I diminished to six lonely intolerant questions seeming so intolerably unanswerable? Oh my, so many recipes to give answer. this cannot be true. i am left to doubt and skepticism, for fear of being entangled all the more.

O God, take this trembling fear of mine and press it down that I might in it understand.

i wish for peace, not for rumors of war above, just as is below. what wisdom is of wars fought over? i do not want it, nothing of it is peace.

mind's delusion takes me to my heart's trembling fears to my mind's delusion to my heart's trembling fears to my...ad infinitum. take me from this wheel of illusion born of lust and fortune.

O mystery of iniquity, resolve my sight that i might feel to see through the mists before me.

God Alone is 'enough', for in God's laws I am ever undone through and by my own searching out. by and by, i am my own enemy made in enmity of You, very God. i wish for peace, forgive mine iniquitys, release me from this wheel which i alone kick around, as if a child playing in a race.

i know not what i do, nor even what it is that I be. Truth is Your's God, not mine. I love your truth as I do so love YOU.

aye, even I am Your's to be effectively trued against Your Truth's cause. let Us be nigh unto nigh, image as Image, hand in hand. yes, this child's trembling hand in his father's steady hand kept safe in the journey's midst.

Father, let me home, just as You look down the road away from home, as its making. I am weary and self-abased, accused and stoned within so many born of mind and heart upon my soul casting very they giving voice within me.

yes, i have postured so many miserbly failing recipes. forgive??? so many in a line leading up to myself impatiently depend upon Our arrival of being home, together again.

let me bear your likeness Father, for from You am I. from You are we all, human in our predisposition that is likely to get...home through this fore-given truth. forgive!??

so many circles to ill guide my subjected leanings around and upon myself trodden down, ever deeper entrenched. Your God given functions in my human dysfunctions dictate expedient pre-judicious debt holding me fast. forgive!!?

i surrender this that I am not In Your Eyes? forgive!!! do with me what Thou will to be done. i am at nought with mine own self, untrue, false, a liar caught in a lair. i wish for Your peace, God Alone.

Moby-Natural Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtKcM1DGeY

ok, a prayer, a meditation, a contemplative communication, a song, poetic passionate feelings put to desired word. not a product of noetic calibur intellectually bound to the particulars of myriad human recipes. it is just lil ole pin headed me.

this to me, at least, is my mystical approach. each of us differs uniquely, and therein the approach differs. mine is not an issue of personal force pretending to reveal the only approach. i only wish to share mine in kind. please feel free to share what is your's, as well.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Re: what is the meaning of mysticism and toward what purpose?

Good to see you here again Tim!
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Thanks John. good to see ya!

"out of the box", hell of an idea i reckon.

pandora's box let loose

my eyes blurred in the bright light of human birth

precognition scewed and layed over

lightning flashing in the twains

constructing irresolution of cognitive focus

who I am becoming "who am I?"

at the speed of thought tooling out of the box

wham, bam...thank you mam

damn dam of precog memory fading

caught out in the stream of audible visuals

gaa gaa and da da, and mama

a crow flies screaming gaw gaw

first out of the box word mirrored

reflected wonder of who I am

having become "who am I?"

crow turns mid air colliding with law

black as night quickly invisible

irredescent clarity...gone purely light

the crow's truth quicker than the out-lying eye

appearance returns and crow mocks the mobbing

pandemic numbers of "who am I?"

occupy, and the dust particle in my lying eye

beam me up or down as it were in and out

oh my God, did you see it? 99 re-turned of 1

all out-lying just truly slipped as a breath of death

back into the paradoxi-calling box

and "who am I?" says "I am you".

and the who be-come a YOU, dove descending.

silence silently silencing the noiseless noisy noise

of sight in for the out of insight

precognitive non-cognitionality

lay me down upon green pastures, green bed touching blue sky

loving lovers lovingly of love's loved loveliness

wonders never cease when constructs cease obstructing

the beloved view of YOU

out of the body within the body of

ice melting and ice breaking

no thing between each in every of One

the quick turn of irredescent clarity

dam went broke, the ransom for free

consciousness arising for "who me?" and for YOU.

airy resolution, focusing light in the turn

the shadow of darkness in redemptive light burn

absolutional recovery of re-co-operative

re-membering remembrance of

our memories in one memory of Us thriced...Y'all.

having not seen, the e-co-logical footprint frightens

tho' gently step out in our heartful gathering spiritual footprint

walk softly and reach out an open hand

inside out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mirpLfNkPZA

God with Us
    Last edited by Tutor; 31st October 2011 at 03:09 AM.

My iPhone has a few songs on it, and sometimes I just say a prayer and press the "shuffle songs" button. Here's what came up a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNhRaiZG_k

It's a nice thing to do from time to time.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by farewell2arms View Post
    My iPhone has a few songs on it, and sometimes I just say a prayer and press the "shuffle songs" button. Here's what came up a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNhRaiZG_k

It's a nice thing to do from time to time.
    John,

A long time ago, a Raven took me to and returned me from, on the way from, saying, "Don't forget, it's so black IT's blue".

It took losing my Mother 16 months ago to understand what that means, and in THAT, to gain my Mother forever. "Thanks MOM!"

Rihanna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpKyPS1Qeqs

Tim
    Last edited by Tutor; 14th April 2013 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries

The title of this thread, which is an old one I'd forgotten, piques my interest. And I'm going to be my usual maverick, unconventional self in answering.

It doesn't mean anything, ultimately. Mysticism means no more or less than drinking a cup of tea, or having a baby, or becoming an astronaut, or being a theatre director. It's a way of viewing the cosmos, an unusual way, to be sure, but still, it seems to be something some people are born with, although some develop some degree of mystical perspective through practice, etc. "As a mystic" is just one way that Consciousness may experience Creation, that is, that the Creator experiences Itself. Consciousness also experiences Creation as a bug, as a tree, as a criminal thug, as a baby who dies of malnutrition, as anything and everything you can possibly name or imagine.

I do think, with much hindsight and life experience as a lens, that mystical experience can, for some, ease the transition between the material I-Me-Mine default identity and a greater view/experience of Self, but I don't actually think mysticism is necessary or required. Certainly, there are accounts of genuine awakening that have happened to people who were in no way mystical or at all mystically inclined. There are accounts of Kundalini awakening in people who have never heard of Kundalini nor practiced any sort of yoga or anything else of that sort. There are plenty of instances of the Self awakening to Itself where mysticism played very little role. Too, there are an awful lot of mystics who never step beyond the sensational world of mysticism, who never awaken to much beyond these mystical experiences, who spend their entire lives playing in and with the sensations that are generally associated with mysticism. So it seems to me that while mysticism and awakening often do go hand in hand, mystical experience is what it is, and awakening is what it is, and they're not necessarily related.

I know I'm speaking heresy, but I've been a heretic most of my life, so one more heresy isn't going to affect me one way or the other.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I keep sayin' 'ditto' to Butterfly and it's a little funny, but I don't see any sense in repeating her thoughts. She said it, I agree, and I'm a bit of a heretic myself. (Just got a bitter lesson on that on another site).

I might add, that my experience leads me to believe that many 'mystics' are charismatics - Tim Robbins types - who sell this and that because they're good at it, people like them and want to believe them. I refer to them as 'talking heads' in case you haven't noticed.

I recently watched movie 'Kumare' which is a good case in point. An EastIndian American poses as a guru and sucks Everyone in. Not surprised.
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 14th April 2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: afterthought
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

ButterflyWoman,

I agree; and not disagreeing, I might propose food for thought on having agreement. short proposal: James and Jude (Thomas Judas) the same person, from the mouth to the open mind; overhead a dark brooding storm of doom and gloom. Such a head faints not, with knees planted in the gospels, has faith that yet the sun is above; and from a given mailbox filled with letters, has hope of touching the light even if such light cannot be seen. Love burns through the gloom for the channel of nurture's feeling reach, as if potatoes in the dark cupboard suddenly from eyes sent forth feeling roots into the air.

One may be the child of everything under the sun that may of her be eaten, for everything in the rainbow symbollically is as a lion; that one as an each, ought not imaginatively permit to have eaten they.

Books, media types are meant as external confirmation for the affirming inward one seeking outward of others. they cannot serve as guides, yet may serve that which within guides the individuated one affirming. and yes, this requires one to realize themself within the confines of very personal experience. however, leads to the commonality of 'a human is a human is a human', all acting out from the same exposed fields of vulnerability within. tis humbling, yet only from this being humanly realized may one actually serve the commonality.

Richard, i disagree that a mystic is a charismatic, what the world would falsely identify as mystic is why there are plentiful charismatics imagining to be mystical. this is why i do not buy into or sell myself to any labels, no labeling name can contain what is human in the image of The Name from whence all naming is pursuant of names. since i am human, i dont imagine myself as that which i am in the image of, especially when right now there are over 7 billion of us globally. I merely one, as an each in every of One.

so, there is only One which i've an open mind to, that by called name i would within my heart answer to. beyond that, who amongst the commonality may label or name any other in every of One?

C'mon N' Ride IT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaSOEj2Kpsk

must be a Lionel Train...lol

Tim
    Last edited by Tutor; 14th April 2013 at 05:15 PM.

I reckon that upon all the books being opened, that many eyes marvel at what love has endured, this upon the myriad booked pages of US. God's very Glory. For ever. Amen.

God is Love and very much sees love as Us turned in the pages of our storied time. what will we do, when the sky reveals our heritage and the earth reveals to us as our inheritance? surely such a sight will seem as alien, for long have we awaited re-turning to what is forgotten of ages.

desire unto desire, of ages never given up, ever enduring, aspiring to greater heights, blessed heroes, each in every of one.

all eyes on Us, for we are the children of very God; the glory of very God's power, the empowered citizens of very God's Kingdom.

doubt and scepticism have served as good tools toward endurance. no worries for the given tools that brought us nigh unto nigh. for they've been as that which of could be written. aye, the very red ink which the quilled pen were dipped. for you see, and hear, that even He cryed out, "Father, why hast thou forsaken me!?"

who cannot but weep at THAT beauty which love's cry...out from depths within. deep calling to deep. amen.

this gate of our human nature, called BEAUTY. tis Love in deeds, and all love gets deeds...ownership, freedom, jubilee.

Hallel-u-Yah, always you twixt praise and God; for we, the body, are that which as songs of the Song, do bring praise ever and anon; yet anon gives way to ever, for ever. amen

yes, they do cry out from the rooftop, Glory Glory Halleluyah!

and He said, "It is finished" "Fear not, for I have conquered the world".

specific time carryed forward through time. for He said, "Pick up your cross and follow me".

and we by god did, not even knowing it; because we as the body of Christ could not do but as He himself had finished.

but, listen.....He does not return to repeat what was/is finished. for the finished finish is for ever. amen.

galah means reveal, and we have nothing to boast of beyond the death of our Lord that took our all as His body within it.

Gal. 5|6

Paul's 13th Epistle: Philemon receiving Onesimus, not as the servant Onesimi who fled as the thief; but rather as an equal brother received with the holy kiss.

it's like waiting on the turtle, that all the fast hares having run back to, now impatiently gander at the slowness of pace.

Native American oral tradition says that Mother Earth rests upon a Turtles back. interesting stuff, that.

kinda unintelligent to be impatient with very Earth, i feel.

Honor thy Mother, It's enough that She bore You.

to all per-hap's applicable un-crowing roosters.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTF9yTmTIzs