Thread: Was my experience an OBE?

Was my experience an OBE?

Some years ago I had an unusual experience which scared the life out of me. First, let me say that I've had alot of lucid dreams, more when I was younger, now they happen once a great while. So i knew this experience I had was different it was not a typical lucid dream. It was more.

In this dream, if it was a dream, I was laying in bed asleep. I was still in my body with my eyes closed but yet I could still see my chest and legs. I noticed it was daylight from all the natural sunlight lighting up the room. I could hear my brother and mom talking in another room. As I was laying there in bed I felt my body rock back and forth as if i was laying on a seesaw. THen i felt my body rock too much forward and it felt like i was going to fall over. Instead of falling over forward. My body fell over to the left. As i felt my body fall, the room went to a pitch black and I heard a high pitch whining noise rush past my ears. I was floating on the right side of my bed, same height as the bed. I was unable to see my body but i knew i was floating there facing down just above the floor of my room. I felt my body slowly get lower and lower to the ground, I then looked around in a panic trying to scream at the top of my lungs, "oh sh*t! I'm dead!!!, I don't want to die!!!. Somebody wake me up!!!" It took a while for me to wake up, but when I finally did, my room was dark as it was night time, i then look up around my room and noticed then fading white light at the top corner of my room. Then it just disapeared. I was so afraid to go back to sleep after this experience. I never had anything like this happend to me before. I've had plenty of lucid dreams but this was nowhere near to being a lucid dream, someone way way different. but what it was I've no clue...I'll never forget it.

Blog Entries

Re: Was my experience an OBE?

Hola Francisco.
    Yes, it seems you were having an OBE exit when you woke up. The 'back and forth' motion was indeed an exit symptom. Too bad you stopped it, though.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for the reply CFTraveler. I wish i had more knowledge back then about obe's. If i had known what I was going through was an OBE, i wouldn't of panicked so much and forced myself to wake up. It literally scared the living hell out of me because I thought I had died. heh thats when the panic set in. If I do have another such experience I'll be sure not to panic . I'm curious though If some of my lucid dreams were actually OBE's. in a typical lucid dream I feel no rocking motion or high pitch whine.

I always felt inside there something more to a lucid dream. I had this feeling that we enter some other dimension. But then again I always make to much of a thing, i ponder on it too much. Instead of wondering where we go or why we actually have a lucid dream, i should enjoy them instead of thinking too much. hehe. I sure do enjoy them, i always go flying...

Blog Entries

Technically, I think all dreams are projections- some are astral projections to your own subconscious, the lucid ones are astral projections that are transitioning to a collective environment, and OBEs are technically experiences in which you can perceive an exit, instead of sleeping through one.
    Don't feel bad about freaking out- even though I had many spontaneous projections as a child and teenager, when I had waking projections in my forties I thought I was being kidnapped by aliens, by the exit symptoms. That's what led me to more research, and ultimately, here.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Technically, I think all dreams are projections-
    I believe this too
    What you love you empower. What you fear you empower. What you empower you attract.