Thread: Swimming

Swimming

i'm at the swimming pool at my high school, there is a lesson taking place, one of my old teachers is there.
    the other pupils are all children, but there's someone else there with me who's the same age as me.
    i enjoy swimming around. i go to the edge and climb out, there are children splashing around having fun.
    i soon realise that the pool has been divided into two halves. one is shallow, one is deep.
    the one i just climbed out of is the shallow one.
    i go down to the deep pool. the kids are practising diving down to pick up rubber bricks and other objects. i remember doing this when i was at school. i'm flooded with memories of learning to swim, fun times with friends.
    i also realise that i'm no longer so care-free as i was back then. that, although i am able to swim just as well as these care-free kids, there's a part of me that is aware of the danger involved.
    i turn around a see that the wall behind me has disappeared, and the pools are actually right on a beach. the ocean stretches away to the horizon in every direction. it's a wonderful sight. nothing but water...the ocean is calm too, and the beach seems to stretch on forever...
    i feel good, relaxed. the open sea beckons, an ocean of potential...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: Swimming

Hello, Neil.

Your recent experiences gave me the impression of a shift or change, a difference in quality. This one seems to fit that impression quite well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    i'm at the swimming pool at my high school, there is a lesson taking place, one of my old teachers is there.
    This gives you context. Children and high school often are associated with the astral plane for me. Pools can represent planes, as we "dive in." One can be "fully immersed" in a plane or experience the choice of doing so. Finally, there's a teacher, possibly marking either a simulation or another important learning experience.

i enjoy swimming around. i go to the edge and climb out, there are children splashing around having fun.
    i soon realise that the pool has been divided into two halves. one is shallow, one is deep.
    the one i just climbed out of is the shallow one.
    This sums up the part you might be graduating from. The astral plane had its own learning to offer (here expressed as joy). However from your current vantage you notice that this was comparatively shallow (only in that you progressed beyond it).

i go down to the deep pool. the kids are practising diving down to pick up rubber bricks and other objects. i remember doing this when i was at school. i'm flooded with memories of learning to swim, fun times with friends.
    i also realise that i'm no longer so care-free as i was back then. that, although i am able to swim just as well as these care-free kids, there's a part of me that is aware of the danger involved.
    While you developed the astral body, you were also exploring the lower mental plane once in a while. You might remember these experiences as significant (the fond memories). But now it seems to be time to "step into full responsibility." You see it as awareness of danger, but I'd rather think of it as an expansion of your conscious awareness, just as the mental horizon of children and adults is vastly different. There's now issues you did not have to sort out (care about, care-free) when you were in that earlier stage, but now it's different.

i turn around a see that the wall behind me has disappeared, and the pools are actually right on a beach. the ocean stretches away to the horizon in every direction. it's a wonderful sight. nothing but water...the ocean is calm too, and the beach seems to stretch on forever...
    i feel good, relaxed. the open sea beckons, an ocean of potential...
    A poetic representation of the possibilities that await you. The mental plane is indeed a place of greater calm, somewhat removed from the turbulence that can mark the astral plane.

You might find this helpful: http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-pro...r-mental-plane. Kind of like an outline of things that might await you.

The falling away of the wall could mark the falling away of boundaries and limitations (astral plane biases), which finally opens up your way into the lower mental plane.

Cheers,
    Oliver

thanks Oliver, i'll check that link.
    yes, there's no doubt in my mind that i've recently been moving from one plane/body to the next.
    there was also another experience a few nights ago where i was re-learning to fly, while exercising my ability to "see" the environment i was in.

Blog Entries

yes, there's no doubt in my mind that i've recently been moving from one plane/body to the next.
    Very good! I almost asked if you felt yourself that the experiences were significant.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Very good! I almost asked if you felt yourself that the experiences were significant.

Cheers,
    Oliver
    Oh yeah. it was quite clear when i started building new bikes
    Kurt's teachings have been so valuable. otherwise the process of having to learn to fly again might have seemed like a step backwards. i wonder how many people feel like they're losing abilities in the astral when they're actually progressing onto higher realms...

wow i just read Kurt's post. that's good stuff, thanks for sharing that Oliver!