Thread: I think I just projected

I think I just projected

Ok so I feel very excited right now. I think I just had my first projection or partial projection. I can attribute this to my energy work as I have not read MAP yet. I was taking an afternoon nap on the couch. These are two things that I almost never do. I was also propped up more then normal, maybe 30 degrees or so. I last remembered focusing my attention on my body and was somewhere between that and sleep. Next thing I know I heard a very strange noise and sounded almost like a somewhat loud digital noise ( maybe like an iso-tone or background meditation noise). At the very same time I had very frightening, very strong vibrations. Both of these came on suddenly like a train racing buy me! My heart felt like it was racing and I felt myself drifting back to reality. I recognized my symptoms luckily and then relaxed. The vibrations started up again and I said out of body. I felt as though I was out of body but Im not sure and I think I was trying to exit too soon (no training yet) as the vibrations hadnt stopped. I also could not see anything so I said "clarity". My voice sounded very faint and not my own. I was also having difficulty breathing. I felt as though there was a weight or some sort of pressure on my chest. I'm assuming that this was the sleep paralysis. I kept saying clarity but I couldnt see. I started feeling scared again and felt as though I should try to get back in my body. At the end before I got back to my body I think I was getting something similar to snapshots of sight but I cant really remember. I then just thought of my body and its location and then felt myself back in it and slowly coming back to normal consciousness. WOW it was a very different experience then lucid dreaming. I know people say the vibrations are powerful but man talk about strong and sudden surge. Does anyone know if this was a partial or full projection and what I can do next time to get vision.
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience" ~Chardin~

Blog Entries

Re: I think I just projected

It sounds like a very short projection, where you dislocated but didn't go far (hence the vision problems.) Next time instead of articulating 'clarity now' try to get yourself away even if you can't see, and if you get far enough it should come on it's own. I usually get it after I leave the room where I'm at, and I don't need to see- I just muscle on through.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thank you for the advice CFT

You're always very helpful!
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience" ~Chardin~

Hello CFT could you move this topic to MAP success stories. I was so excited i posted directly after without paying attention.

-Done.
    CF.

Hello all

This morning I had some more mild success so I figured I would mention some things I have noticed. First off I would like to mention that I have not read through MAP yet and basically have no idea of what I'm doing. I have noticed that that lying on my back seems to be a must for me to get exit symptoms and I have also noticed that lucid dreaming seems to be much easier and more successful when lying on your back as well. Sleeping while lying on my back is very unnatural for me so maybe this is the reason behind the increased effectiveness in LDing as well as the few episodes for AP. Ok, so back to what happened this morning. My wife was restless so I was awake also. I decided to listen to my AP hemi-sync (Robert Monroe) and about 1 hour into it I felt the warm wave of sleep paralysis fall into me. Immediately after this I herd in addition to the hemi-sync the strange harmonic noise I herd the first AP experience and felt relatively strong vibrations. My heart rate increase and the when away so I relaxed immediately and they returned. I waited for the vibrations to disperse into my body a little and then attempted to exit. Well I tried maybe 3 techniques and was unable to exit but I did feel the lower half of my right arm appeared to be floating, up and down like a balloon. I then noticed my head and neck seemed to be experiencing the same bobbing/floating sensation. I then seemed to lose lucidity and went into a dream which took away from the experience (realism and memory). I feel that I am very close to a full AP but require a little guidance. I would also like to know if anyone else experiences the same types things.

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

I kinda have the same problem as you... i can get really far into and feel really deep sleep paralysis and stuff too. But I usually only get vibrations like half the time i try... and they aren't really strong vibrations either. How would you describe the feeling of your vibrations? When i get vibrations, my body feels quite a bit more tense than usual, and it almost feels like electricity is running through my body and cause several muscles to twitch a little, but i wouldn't say these are very strong vibrations and isn't painful or uncomfortable by any means... after this feeling subsides is when i try to exit. I'm not sure if I'm actually projecting, or if I just "think" I'm projecting... cuz when I try to move my arm up, or try to turn over, or do some kind of exit tech, it only "kinda" feels like I'm exiting, and it feels like imagination is just making me think i've projected and can move. I can still never see anything, no matter how far i get from my body (or how far i "think" i get from my body). Whenever I move, I can also feel like a little twitch in my physical body which makes me believe i haven't truly exitted. Is it really possible to feel your astral body and your physical body at the same time, cuz this is sorta how I feel a lot of the time.
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes
    I waited for the vibrations to disperse into my body a little and then attempted to exit. Well I tried maybe 3 techniques and was unable to exit but I did feel the lower half of my right arm appeared to be floating, up and down like a balloon. I then noticed my head and neck seemed to be experiencing the same bobbing/floating sensation. I then seemed to lose lucidity and went into a dream which took away from the experience (realism and memory). I feel that I am very close to a full AP but require a little guidance. I would also like to know if anyone else experiences the same types things.
    You are and, yes, you're very close to recalling a projection. Great progress!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Summerlander Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmaster72 View Post
    I kinda have the same problem as you... i can get really far into and feel really deep sleep paralysis and stuff too. But I usually only get vibrations like half the time i try... and they aren't really strong vibrations either. How would you describe the feeling of your vibrations? When i get vibrations, my body feels quite a bit more tense than usual, and it almost feels like electricity is running through my body and cause several muscles to twitch a little, but i wouldn't say these are very strong vibrations and isn't painful or uncomfortable by any means... after this feeling subsides is when i try to exit. I'm not sure if I'm actually projecting, or if I just "think" I'm projecting... cuz when I try to move my arm up, or try to turn over, or do some kind of exit tech, it only "kinda" feels like I'm exiting, and it feels like imagination is just making me think i've projected and can move. I can still never see anything, no matter how far i get from my body (or how far i "think" i get from my body). Whenever I move, I can also feel like a little twitch in my physical body which makes me believe i haven't truly exitted. Is it really possible to feel your astral body and your physical body at the same time, cuz this is sorta how I feel a lot of the time.
    Vibrations aren't really important to experience so it is not really a problem. If they come, they come. Sometimes I have them strong...sometimes weak. But I don't focus on this. I keep my mind firmly on the main goal (the only goal for me): induce an OOBE!!!

As for projecting...you don't think of projecting...you do it. Here's a good way to separate from the body: roll over from the head slowly and you will find that the rest of the body follows. Do it as though you are moving physically - Do NOT imagine movement! Roll over and out all the way. Movement emulates physical movement so don't think at any point that you have failed. Just go all the way! Do it!

About vision: Don't worry about vision. Focus on getting out first. If you find that you are blind once you are out...rub your hands (additionally blow on them to reinforce the target). Engross yourself in the metaphysical reality. This should give you HD vision of the surroundings and at the same time it will act as an anchor there.

Alternatively, demand clarity and see what happens! Believe that you are in control and that your wishes will be fulfilled.

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

Quote Originally Posted by Summerlander View Post
    As for projecting...you don't think of projecting...you do it. Here's a good way to separate from the body: roll over from the head slowly and you will find that the rest of the body follows. Do it as though you are moving physically - Do NOT imagine movement! Roll over and out all the way. Movement emulates physical movement so don't think at any point that you have failed. Just go all the way! Do it!

About vision: Don't worry about vision. Focus on getting out first. If you find that you are blind once you are out...rub your hands (additionally blow on them to reinforce the target). Engross yourself in the metaphysical reality. This should give you HD vision of the surroundings and at the same time it will act as an anchor there.

Alternatively, demand clarity and see what happens! Believe that you are in control and that your wishes will be fulfilled.
    Wait, so I am supposed to "try" to move (versus imagining), and if physical movement happens, i shouldn't worry about it? You sure that even if I move something physical, I'm still in the astral plain?

Also, I've tried demanding clarity before, and nothing really happened... I kinda did notice some kind of change, but it wasn't any kind of visual imagery of any kind. It was more or less a weird shift of color, light, and/or velvety blackness
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Summerlander Guest

No, you've misunderstood or perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The physical won't move because, by that time, it will be atonic (i.e. in sleep paralysis) regardless of whether you notice this condition of not. When you experience that shift in consciousness and you get vibrations or the rushing sounds, as they dwindle, perform the act of separation.

Move as though physically. Do NOT imagine it (that part is right). Even if you think you are moving physically, you are not. Once out and you look around you will realise that you will have moved incorporeally.

As for vision, believe that you can get it. Demand it! If it doesn't work there are some deepening/anchoring techniques such as keeping on the move and touching nearby objects. This will help you to reinforce your focus of awareness on that level as well as prolonging the experience which will give you plenty of time to explore.

I hope I was clear now and good luck! I hope you have more success!