Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Energy body issues - looking for help, where to turn?

wer Guest

Energy body issues - looking for help, where to turn?

Hey all,

I've been practicing energy work daily for the past month and a half, using Robert's techniques (of course ). Prior to my recent practice, I dabbled on and off with energy work for 6 years (since I was 12), and I'm sure that I caused plenty of imbalances along the way. Anyways...

Over the last 4 years or so, I've struggled with severe depression, anxiety, and substance issues. I feel that I've been SLOWLY getting better over the last 2 years, which I attribute to a greater awareness of my subconscious. Just recently I had a pretty intense bought of depression and anxiety (which is still lingering), and given the intensity of my practices as of late, I feel that I NEED some kind of energetic consolation before I accidentally cause any damage. Right now I'm actually taking a break from energy work, because I've noticed that my chakras have been fluctuating between over-stimulation and under-stimulation, depending on the situation.

I'm extremely dedicated to energy work and meditation. Last night I attempted to access my subconscious while in a severely depressed state, and for a brief period (well, more like 6 hours) afterward I felt like I was going to have a total mental breakdown or something... like the negativity of my conscious mind reinforced itself with subconscious thought when it surrendered itself during my meditation. It's very difficult to explain... opinions on what I did are welcome.

I know that something is wrong with my energy body, and I need to find someone who could aid me in finding these problems and addressing them. Right now I'm considering either a ChiKung/QiGong Healer, or an acupuncturist. I live in Colorado BTW, if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks to you all

Blog Entries

Re: Energy body issues - looking for help, where to turn?

Hello, wer.

The energy bodies are parts of your being. Especially your astral and mental bodies would be upset by conditions as you derscribe them. Emotional issues like fear, anger, resentment and anxiety would accumulate in the astral body, and damaging beliefs in the mental body. Work on yourself tends to gradually flush this out, which is why this needs to be done gently and carefully so not to overtax yourself.

A healer would be helpful, but also the presence of a good therapist might be advisable. Don't think of it as an energetic problem only. Think of it as an issue to be dealt with on all levels.

For the energetic side, maybe you could consider working a bit differently, a bit more consciously.

Imagine a flower. Let an image for something that gives you trouble come to mind. Optimally, let your mind give it to you spontaneously. Place it in the flower, wrap it up and incinerate the flower. Let it burn away till gone. You can incinerate it anyway you like. Don't worry about doing harm - all you do there is contained within your energy field, the inner intent is letting go of the inner energetic "images" that bind your energy and are in the way of letting the energy flow again.

You can find variations on that exercise in Kurt's new book.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Try to do something that makes you happy too. Is there a good friend or an activity that always helps you feel better? Sometimes distraction is good and a bit of joy and friendship can help a mood lift. Beautiful music, art, dancing, cuddling an animal, baking a cake, eating a delicious meal, team sport, a good jog in the sun or swim in the ocean or game in the snow can bring on the necessary energetic shift. Why limit yourself to just one? Remind yourself of what makes it good to be alive!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Taking a break from the energy work is a good idea!
    Practicing QiGong is also a very good idea!
    And what Beekeeper suggested another very good thing to do!
    + Alienor +

wer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, wer.

The energy bodies are parts of your being. Especially your astral and mental bodies would be upset by conditions as you derscribe them. Emotional issues like fear, anger, resentment and anxiety would accumulate in the astral body, and damaging beliefs in the mental body. Work on yourself tends to gradually flush this out, which is why this needs to be done gently and carefully so not to overtax yourself.

A healer would be helpful, but also the presence of a good therapist might be advisable. Don't think of it as an energetic problem only. Think of it as an issue to be dealt with on all levels.

For the energetic side, maybe you could consider working a bit differently, a bit more consciously.

Imagine a flower. Let an image for something that gives you trouble come to mind. Optimally, let your mind give it to you spontaneously. Place it in the flower, wrap it up and incinerate the flower. Let it burn away till gone. You can incinerate it anyway you like. Don't worry about doing harm - all you do there is contained within your energy field, the inner intent is letting go of the inner energetic "images" that bind your energy and are in the way of letting the energy flow again.

You can find variations on that exercise in Kurt's new book.

Cheers,
    Oliver
    Thanks for the advice . I am aware that my energy body corresponds with my mental and physical well being. Over the years, fear has been the greatest hardship that I've faced. I've sought therapy multiple times, only to find that many of my problems are difficult for most to understand. In order for proper consolation, my therapist must understand the position I've been in since my adolescence, which most can not. I experienced ego-death for the first time when I was 12, and.. well, let's just say that I never got the help that I needed. I spent my entire teens COMPLETELY misunderstood, watching humanity destroy itself out of sheer unawareness. Things have been especially tough lately, because one of my closest friends lost his way and committed suicide because of the darkness in our society today, and the problems that this darkness caused within himself.

Honestly, I feel like I am addressing many of my psychological problems effectively on my own through blank slate meditation and subconscious communication (and with the help of friends). I desperately wish that I had some kind of spiritual mentor, but that's a rarity here.

I like your suggestion of a more conscious energy exercise. Typically I just go through the motions, stimulating each area from toes to crown. While I do ensure that I focus more on the areas that are less stimulating (and less on the over stimulated areas), I don't usually incorporate visual/emotional/psyche exercises into my practice. I usually try to keep as clear a mind as possible. I will give it a try after my break.

I am still very serious about pursuing either an acupuncturist or a qigong healer. I still would like some of your opinions of which would be more beneficial. I want someone who can sense what may be going on in my chi system, which seems like something a Qigong healer would be better equipped to do, though I also want effective treatment. For some reason I feel like legitimate acupuncturists are easier to find than legitimate Qigong healers, at least here in the U.S. So my question still stand, which would you suggest? I'd like to start treatment immediately.

hi wer,

if you find such a treatment that consistently works for you, please do let me know. for now i just say to myself, this too shall pass, and i do try and apply what Korpo (oops ...and Beekeeper) have added, it does help.

best wishes/prayers toward your hopeful recovery,

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

wer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Try to do something that makes you happy too. Is there a good friend or an activity that always helps you feel better? Sometimes distraction is good and a bit of joy and friendship can help a mood lift. Beautiful music, art, dancing, cuddling an animal, baking a cake, eating a delicious meal, team sport, a good jog in the sun or swim in the ocean or game in the snow can bring on the necessary energetic shift. Why limit yourself to just one? Remind yourself of what makes it good to be alive!
    Good advice. I follow it

Really, I'm just looking for someone who is energetically aware who can help me assess the condition of my energy body. The last few years have been very tough psychologically, which I realize has impacted my chi flow a great deal. I want to work through this before my energetic ailments manifest physically.

I plan to practice Qigong myself, but I also want a healer to help me out in this time of strife. I'm tired of going through all of this myself. My intuition tells me that I need to do this. I feel that a skilled Qigong healer may be better suited to aid me.. my only concern is the legitimacy of most Western healers. A couple of weeks ago an acupuncturist was recommended to me. She apparently greatly aided in my friend's mother's fight against breast cancer. This recommendation was made right after I cleared a major blockage (or at least I think I did). It felt quite synchronistic. The only problem is that this person does not practice Qigong, so she may have difficulty addressing what is wrong with my energy system, not to mention she probably isn't familiar with the NEW energy technique. What do you guys think I should do? Should I go to this acupuncturist, or should I seek out one of the "established" Qigong healers here in Colorado?

I ask you guys because I'm not sure where else to turn. I have no experience with either practice, and I'm not sure which is better suited to aid someone who practices NEW energy, nor which is more suitable for psychological problems (as opposed to physical).

For finding a good healer, or the one that is right for you now, I think you need to follow your intuition. Sometimes the healer you meet is even not about helping you heal per se, but about helping you realize something or just start moving into a different direction.

As you energy body is what it sounds like overstimulated, practicing QiGong or Tai-chi will help you get energy moving without messing with the natural flow. When you return to energy work, I would suggest to change your approach a bit. Try to feel were the energy flows, as if you would research acupuncture. Try to figure out the set up of your energy body. The instead of big awareness movements, allow your awareness to just enhance the flow, that is already there.
    Your energy body does heal when you allow it to.

A healing method, that also takes the psychological aspects well into account is Huna. They do have also some kind of massage (lomi lomi) therapists in that system - the massage I have no own experience with. Maybe something to look into as an alternative.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Hello, wer.

Quote Originally Posted by wer
    A couple of weeks ago an acupuncturist was recommended to me. She apparently greatly aided in my friend's mother's fight against breast cancer. This recommendation was made right after I cleared a major blockage (or at least I think I did). It felt quite synchronistic. The only problem is that this person does not practice Qigong, so she may have difficulty addressing what is wrong with my energy system, not to mention she probably isn't familiar with the NEW energy technique.
    Maybe you're speculating too much. An acupuncturist doesn't need to know Qigong or NEW to help you. I would heed the synchronicity and just give her a try. My personal opinion is that the quality of the healer is one of the most decisive factors and not necessarily the chosen technique. Also, acupuncture is an age-old technique designed to unblock and balance energy flows. It's worth a try.

You see, when just keep on erecting obstacles by asking for more and more qualifications a healer should have, you don't make any real progress towards finding one. It's better to sample a few and see who gives you the right feeling when you're in their presence and also after treatment than to figure out with the thinking mind what would be the uber-treatment for your condition.

There's also a likelihood that you can find practioners of related disciplines when talking to an alternative medicine healer. Depends on the practice, but sometimes there's interesting stuff advertised right there. Checking out some yoga or Taiji schools might also help for the same reason.

The important thing is this - in order to find something, you have to start the "treasure hunt." Follow the initial hints and go out there and check them out. Then follow where they lead, and continue till you have found an arrangement to your satisfaction. Be prepared that this might not turn out to be what you initially expected, but try to trust the process. It's better to go out there and talk to people than to churn the same ideas over in the mind.

So far this approach has served me well.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

It does seem like you lack the confidence to make the move. Just take what is available and trust.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)