Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Difficult People

Re: Difficult People

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    You really do need to let go of your egoic desire for revenge and headgames and so on, though (don't worry, we all do it, especially those of us who have created and experienced an acrimonious relationship and breakup).
    too true....the ensuing emancipation is very liberating....with this detachment life becomes that much more free-flow and easier to enjoy.
    There's such sweet consistency when you just no longer snag here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie-1984
    If I had a moderator to transport my daughters to and from HIS house for visits then I wouldn't have to see them
    Mind you, my pain body is very weakened and I'm not that attached any more. It does still have some attachments, or "difficult people" wouldn't be turning up in my reality (again, this is partly my own interpretation of the people, but it's also them manifesting in my experience).
    I'm intruding! appologies ....i could relate to this thread because families have an inherent interest in protecting there own brood.

selfknowing Guest

Awesome topic.

I seem to be attracting moderate verbal abuse/disrespect all around me lately.

CPW, Can you give me an actual example of how I can stop attracting this? Going to read your links about the pain body too. Thanks... Kelly

selfknowing Guest

Sorry to hijack your thread natalie! I did the pain body exercises last night and it was SO awesome. My legs and feet were tingling and my heart and solar plexus chakra areas were thumping. I slept well with lots of dreams. Highly recommended. My physical pains feel better too.

Not going to take it personally when my husband doesn't treat me special for Mother's Day or in general. It's his issue, not mine, either way. Going to treat him the way I want to be treated, not the way he treats me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by selfknowing
    Can you give me an actual example of how I can stop attracting this?
    For me, it was a fairly complex process, that went bit by bit. On a very grand scale, it started with the intention of change, and progressed from there.

Essentially, it's all about what you believe and expect from people. I have generally expected people to be... troublesome. As I slowly adjusted my beliefs to know that MOST people are actually pretty much okay, I found that most people are actually pretty much okay. It's just my lingering belief that a certain number of people are going to be irritating or rude or so on that keeps them showing up.

Mind you, haven't had any in my face in a while. I've been quite literally on quarantine (very contagious virus in our household at the moment) and my internet connection has been down for about a week, so the only people around are my immediate family. And since I've been sick, I HAVE been irritated, but only because irritability is a medical symptom. Even with that, I decided that if we HAD to be cranky with each other, we should at least make a joke of it when we are, and that's worked out surprisingly well.

The combination of internet outage and illness has completely and utterly disrupted every routine, every pattern, every habit of thought and behaviour, and I strongly suspect that this is a direct manifestation of not only the intention I've mentioned in this thread, but others, as well. My view of reality has changed, and my reality changed with it, and I sense that my reality is not going to be the same again as it was prior to this extremely weird period of my life. (Frankly, I've had far worse and more upsetting "reality breakers" in the past, so while this hasn't been fun, exactly, at least it's tolerable and not difficult to recover or rebuild or whatever.)
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Still no problems with people. I've had bouts of irritability (again, aforementioned medical symptom of the virus from which I am recovering), and I've encountered a few people in a forum (not this one) whose arguments made me roll my eyes, but I was not personally irritated, more just amused in a twisted sort of way.

There have been no angry emails in my inbox (not that I normally get them, but sometimes people send weird stuff on account of one or two of my websites), no rude service people coming around my home, no entanglements with rude drivers (having been out of the house only once in about two weeks, that does narrow it down, of course ), no irritating telemarketers. My kids occasionally bicker, being kids, but I'm not finding it difficult to sort them out, nor am I especially affected by it. Husband is no more annoying than usual.

When I recover fully from this illness and start going out again, it will be interesting to see how my reality has changed. I expect it will have done. Normally, a big, weird disruption in my routines and patterns like this is a precursor to a change in the Matrix.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thank you, CW for posting those links! http://www.detoxifynow.com/et_pain_body.html This article perfectly describes something I have seen recently. It seemed to me like it was a separate entity from the person I was looking at, but was almost like a shadow in that it followed him around. I didn't know how to interpret it... But this makes perfect sense!!

Thanks again.

Blog Entries

This is interesting (to me, anyway). On another forum that I visit regularly but where I don't really post/participate openly, there are a couple of people who have LONG been on my ignore list for various reasons. This past week, I've clicked the little link that allows you to read "ignored" posts (because posters further on in a thread have commented to the ignored people and I was curious) and I've seen that these people who so irritated and annoyed me that I actually went to the effort of putting them on ignore had been saying astoundingly insightful things. Not just "not annoying" but actually stuff that I thought, "Wow, what's going on here?!"

If it had been just one person, I could have dismissed that as being simple personal evolution (hey, it happens, and just because I find someone annoying doesn't mean I always will), but it was several, AND another ignored party seems to have fallen off the face of that forum (one who was formerly extremely attention-seeking and who posted with irritating regularity).

Now, I get that this is a forum situation I'm talking about, but in my world, this still qualifies, because these are "annoying people" (whether or not there's face to face interaction). I'm kind of gobsmacked, actually.

As for material life, I've encountered exactly zero unruly honkers (you know, the kind of driver who insists on honking at you for no reason or because they don't think you're pulling out into traffic quickly enough, etc. etc.) or rude service people or passive-aggressive checkout clerks or anything even mildly annoying. All has been smooth as silk in the "human interactions" department.

I have no doubt that SOME of this is change in my own perception (i.e., I'm not seeing certain people as irritating or annoying as much as I did), but some of it does seems to be an actual change in my reality. I'm keenly interested to see how far this will extend. To live in a world where I never get annoyed by people would be pretty close to heaven as far as I'm concerned!

If it had been just one person, I could have dismissed that as being simple personal evolution (hey, it happens, and just because I find someone annoying doesn't mean I always will), but it was several, AND another ignored party seems to have fallen off the face of that forum (one who was formerly extremely attention-seeking and who posted with irritating regularity).
    I really get what you mean, there was this board I used to visit a lot a while ago, but I left because I felt the people there were rude. Just now I came back to it, and it wasn't so bad anymore. The perception of people in my vicinity has changed too. It's amazing how the projections of my own fears and expectations can colour my impression of them. It's great, cause then I know exactly what I have to work with, within myself.

It's kind of like a gift in that way. Beautiful that even people I don't know can help me.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely and utterly convinced now that reality responds to my thoughts, moods, and other cues. When I'm feeling irritated for whatever reason, irritating things happen (hey, even physicists know that effect does NOT have to follow cause and it can be the other way around!). When I'm annoyed, I get annoying people honking at me or sending me stupid emails or getting all up in my face for whatever reason. When I'm calm and at peace, so is my reality. Pretty awesome, actually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2