Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shielding

Sometimes I see myself encased in sphere. Sort of like an egg, I'm the yolk in the middle.

At first, I could only see mine in 2D, working on the 3D part and making sure to get it over my head and under my feet.

A dodecahedron CF? That's cool. The other night I saw myself doing something like this - I was very spikey all over. I don't know enough to give any kind of helpful opinion - but it feels like a complicated structure to generate all the time.

Blog Entries
    It's complicated at first (you have to imagine a pentagon and then connect the parts and do it all around you) but after a while it becomes second nature. An organic process, if you will.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    It's complicated at first (you have to imagine a pentagon and then connect the parts and do it all around you) but after a while it becomes second nature. An organic process, if you will.
    You do this as a 3 dimensional shape?

Sorry - when you say an organic process, you mean to say sort of happening naturally? I'm so used to relating the term organic to food.

I don't mean to be obtuse - I'm just really tired today!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmoke
    Oh I didn't mean to alarm anyone - actually I think my shielding issues are mostly due to my particular situation and my mental state that encouraged this kind of growth. I doubt this would be a common occurrence, but it can't hurt to simply check every so often and make sure the same thing does not happen to you if you are using heavy shields in a crisis situation.
    Your issue is not unique either. I built a permanent shield as a toddler without really understanding all the consequences. It interfered with relationships all through my 20s until I figured out what the problem was. I was not aware enough when building it to put in an 'off' switch. I had trouble taking it down.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

draco Guest
    can one have a permanent, self sustaining shield of unconscious creation? i have always sensed somthing of that sort around me, and i can 'feel' a powerful energy field around me. perhaps it is my own, perhaps a protector(s). but i have always been extremely lucky and lately have been very happy.

as a child i have suffered tough trauma, and was a loner. perhaps i naturally built it to keep everyone out..? idk but it would explain a LOT of things, and music helps a lot too. esp rock/alternative. i feel empowered by music.

Quote Originally Posted by draco
    can one have a permanent, self sustaining shield of unconscious creation?
    Yes.

This is not the only possibility. I had/have a self sustaining shield that I created in the first year of life (on Earth). In my 30s, is was investigating its source as I did not (then) know. After rummaging around in early memories, I discovered that I had consciously created it after being attacked, but then subsequently forgotten it (see earlier part of this topic about not doing that).

My mother also has a self sustaining shield that was created for her in childhood by her aunt.

Keep an open mind as to the source of yours. There are other more remote possibilities, like someone put it there to keep you in...

boris Guest
    ok, i read the first post last night and emmediately started working on my first shield, it seems to have worked quite nicely for only one day,

ive just now read the possible problems with old shields, and having not set an "off date" can anyone tell me more about deconstructing my sheild if need be?

also, does anyone have any particualr visualisation techniques?

and how much time should be spent inputting energy into the sheild?

thanks.

Vic Sage Guest
    There's a scene from the last book of King's Dark Tower series where Father Callahan -- the Roman Catholic priest in 'Salem's Lot whose faith failed him in his climactic confrontation with lead vampire Barlow, causing him to embrace alcoholism and flee town, leaving it to be infested -- finally ends his decades-long search for redemption.

As Callahan stands amidst dozens upon dozens of vampires and worse things (in a New York restaurant that caters to such clientele, no less), gun in one hand and holy symbol in the other, he begins to feel that infinite divine wrath, that unstoppable white-hot righteous fury on which he held such a tenuous grasp back in 'Salem's Lot, welling up within him. First it's his symbol, and then his weapon, each round burning cleanly through whatever monsters it hits and leaving a howling, disintegrating husk in its wake. Then he realizes that he doesn't need either, and at that moment it's him, the power coursing through his body.

It's kind of the same thing, I think, as that moment at the end of The Matrix when Neo looks at the hail of gunfire coming for him and simply waves his hand. "No," he says, and reality bends to his will.

The whole point is that one of the illustrations in the book is of this moment. It's one of those things that I find pretty inspirational for these kinds of psychic self-defense purposes. I feel like the reason you hear so often that "visualizing a white shield" isn't effective is because the mental image will remain just a mental image unless that tidal wave feeling of power is there fueling it.

Anyway, this is the sort of process that I go through as needed, that unyielding power of "The White" roiling outward from my body and flooding the confines of the room.

[picture deleted, as it was hotlinked and the site has been password protected since this post was made, causing errors in this thread]

Make sense?

Best,

--V

Cool pic and great idea! It's similar to what I do, and, surprisingly similar to what Robert suggested at his latest workshop. He said to imagine and "feel" a straight pole going around you, starting from your body core. Add a wall from your core to the pole made of whatever you like...rock, fire, water, light, etc. Then, keep it spinning faster and faster around you, making it larger and larger until it sort of wraps around you in a protective shield. He said it's great for clearing a room or space, also.

Quote Originally Posted by boris
    ok, i read the first post last night and emmediately started working on my first shield, it seems to have worked quite nicely for only one day,

ive just now read the possible problems with old shields, and having not set an "off date" can anyone tell me more about deconstructing my sheild if need be?

and how much time should be spent inputting energy into the sheild?

thanks.
    OK. To start with, you are using an energy based shield. These typically are effective 1-3 days unless they are refreshed or have a power source. One day is a respectable start. Since it is evident that either you do not have a constant source of energy or you don't know how to link them together, you are going to have to refresh it every day or two. Most energy shields slowly leak at a more or less constant rate. Additionally if they are challenged or attacked they can be drained much faster (nearly instantaneous in the worst case). At least every other day you need to recharge it to its original level. If you are unable to do so, it simply will not last as long. The kind of shield you are building does not need an explicit off date as it will naturally dissipate completely in a week or so after the last refresh.

Once you master attaching a power source, then you need to be careful about expiration. If you use a source with a guardian, then it is a simple matter of informing the guardian the terms for discontinuing its service. If the source is a natural one, then there are several choices. The simplest method is to route the power through something that is not permanent. For instance, if you are protecting your car, then place the protection on the registration (which is kept in the car). The registration gets replaced every so often (or when you sell the car). In either case when the registration is destroyed, the protection will stop. On the off chance it gets lost, it made of paper and will decay eventually. There are LOTS of sophisticated methods like building a psychic dead-man's switch, or assigning a guardian, or setting a destruction based on planetary alignment. However, these require their own skills and complicate shield building.

If you are in serious need of constant shielding protection, I suggest you get one on one training on how to build a different kind of shield (non-energy) [reread page one of this topic for ideas]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast