Thread: What could be stopping me from Astral Projecting and why?

1. What could be stopping me from Astral Projecting and why?

I have been trying to astral project for awhile now but it has proved unsuccessful. Now that I am getting more serious strange things start to happen. When I tried last morning to do so I kept hearing something trying to force the door open while there was no one outside it. My family way in the living room. Then I heard the heavy breathing I have been hearing for awhile but it seemed so intense that I covered my ears and shut my eyes . I almost screamed as it neared closer. Then suddenly my mom opened the door and I almost ran out! Then last night when I attempted again the closet door opened by itself when I walked by to go to bed. It even woke up my mom. What could be happening?! Why do you think it wants to stop me? Sometimes when I am half asleep my astral body is spontaneously forced out of my body and I am nearly kidnapped! The last time it happened something nearly forced my astral body out! And sometimes I have demonic attacks too. Can anyone help?

Blog Entries

Re: What could be stopping me from Astral Projecting and why?

Please describe what you call "demonic attacks" first.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

ps. BTW, what you described sound like the heightened awareness one gets when in trance.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

4. Re: What could be stopping me from Astral Projecting and why?

The demonic attacks are basically when I am almost asleep and I go into sleep paralysis. It is a very long story but basically I cannot move or barely even breathe and it feels as if something is about to take over my body entirely. There is an evil force around me when it happens and it tries to capture my soul for what it seems.

Blog Entries

Those are common symptoms of sleep paralysis with dweller, and usually not considered demonic attacks. They can be associated with astral feedback, and are quite common with people who project. I recommend you read the stickied topics in the OBE Research and Discussion entitled "Your First Conscious Projection" which describe these and other common pre-projection symptoms.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by vampireprincess23
    I have been trying to astral project for awhile now but it has proved unsuccessful. Now that I am getting more serious strange things start to happen. When I tried last morning to do so I kept hearing something trying to force the door open while there was no one outside it. My family way in the living room. Then I heard the heavy breathing I have been hearing for awhile but it seemed so intense that I covered my ears and shut my eyes . I almost screamed as it neared closer. Then suddenly my mom opened the door and I almost ran out! Then last night when I attempted again the closet door opened by itself when I walked by to go to bed. It even woke up my mom. What could be happening?! Why do you think it wants to stop me? Sometimes when I am half asleep my astral body is spontaneously forced out of my body and I am nearly kidnapped! The last time it happened something nearly forced my astral body out! And sometimes I have demonic attacks too. Can anyone help?

Hi VP23,

One thing that i have found that has worked for me in the past when dealing with type of thing is by doing a little emotional prep work prior to laying down to attempt an obe. By going over and experiencing positive emotions before obeing you create an internal environment that seems to be productive to obes. I think negative emotions also seem to be conductive to experiencing obes the problem with negative emotions is that they create tension and the tension can block you.

Keeping a firm goal in mind to perform an exit technique once you start getting astral feedback could help too.You may be able to use the astral noises and activity as indicators to an exit technique. Any time you see or hear an astral noise, think exit technique. but you may need to get your emotional reaction under control first and positive emotional experience prior to obe sessions seems to help with that a little bit. Particularly if you go over feelings of confidence, single point mindedness, "just do it" attitudes.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by vampireprincess23
    ...I cannot move or barely even breathe and it feels as if something is about to take over my body entirely. There is an evil force around me when it happens and it tries to capture my soul for what it seems.
    Nothing can "capture" your (or any) soul if you don't want to let it. You seem to have a fear issue. These are common exit symptoms. As heliac said, try to work on the emotional mindset and you will turn it into sth good. And entities dragging at you might not always be sth negative in the first place. They can be your own projections (fear related, mostly) or even positive spirits trying to help you. Maybe only your fear-related projection makes them a 'neg'.
    Regarding mindset and pre-attitude another comment: Don't get me wrong please, but even before I opened the thread I knew this was sth about "negs" although one could not infer it from the thread title you chose. How did I know that? From your chosen forum nick. You could have called yourself e.g. 'angelprincess23' or 'flowerprincess23' or 'littleprincess23', etc. pp.... Instead you chose the term of a mythical and literary monster race. I assume you are a lot into monster/horror stories and movies, like many of your young age (23, I assume). This is only natural, I was, too, for some time when I was in your age (although I always liked science-fiction much more). However, the problem with this is that if you "are into" monsters&demons you might expect monsters&demons when you project, since what you expect might be what you encounter when you go into the 'astral realm' - which is highly thought/emotion-responsive to you. So my little advice would be: try to be a 'flowerprincess' next time.
    This collector of useless clutter.