Thread: Dream Programming Experiment 6: Forecasting

Dream Programming Experiment 6: Forecasting

As I had to a slight degree some precog / clairvoyant elements in a few of my dreams over the past months, this experiment makes sense now to me. Also, since I have a hard time and lean period now with lucid experiences, I thought that I might try some 'dreaming action' instead again. So I will try once in a while to program forecasts of some event's coutcomes (e.g. sports) and see what happens and later compare.

Here is my first 'bet' for which I indeed received an 'answer' this night (I only will post 'bets' here if I really get an answer, of course).

Maybe a few of you know (but I assume most don't), today we have a great European media event in Germany, my home country: It's the trashy (but for some it's a serious cult) Eurovision Song Contest. Despite its trash factor and low qualitative musical value (I am musician and I think know what I'm talking about) I believe it is also a lot of fun and since it is only once per year one can easily 'endure' it, especially since we are the 'defending champion' this year.

For those who don't know this competition at all:
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/dusseldorf-2011
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision

So, before sleeping I asked the question which country is going to win tonight. Actually I did not get a dream answer at all. But: In hypnagogic trance state I heard a voice. To my surprise it said: "The winner is going to be: Germany".

This highly surprised me. And I also assume that it is wrong, but for the sake of security I make this post here (you never know). Actually, the German entry WAS among the top favs in the rankings weeks ago, so it would not have been an amazing forecast at all. But now it went down and is only among the top 10. It is France, Ireland (those weird crazy twins!), Estonia, UK and Azerbaijan being the top favs.

http://www.eurovision-betting.com/
    http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... right.html

Also I have to ask myself if it is maybe just my subconscious wish that produced this 'result' for me. But I must say that I even would hope for Germany not to win or am at least quite indifferent to this. I hardly ever am "patriotic" if it comes to sports or whatever kind of competitions (a little exception might be the international soccer cups, Europe/World, taking place every 2nd year). But maybe I am subconsciously?

I did not know the voice that spoke these words, it was male, but not mine. But I know it was heard clearly and in deep hypnagocics and that I did not influence it 'consciously'.

Now it's Saturday afternoon here, some hours to go until the show starts and only towards midnight the results will be counted. At least, this made the event a bit more worth watching for me now.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Re: Dream Programming Experiment 6: Forecasting

Well, since I was just writing about a process that occurs in caves, and France is famous for its caves - I'll pick France.

(I didn't open your links, so I have nothing to go on but that - we'll see)
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Re: Dream Programming Experiment 6: Forecasting

10th place Germany, 15th for France - seems both of us were not in a good psychic shape yesterday.

Searching for excuses for this 'failure' I can come up with two ways out:

First, maybe it was just a flashback/rewind to last year's success?

But there's a second explanation I would favour: I possibly interpreted it incorrectly from the start when I heard the sentence that 'Germany is going to be winner'. It did not say explicitly that the German entry would win.
    Moreover, I also had a short visual flash then of one of the 3 hosts (Stefan), only for a millisecond actually, standing before/operating sth like a kind of jukebox thing (don't know exactly, any kind of machine it was).
    It reminds me of his turning on the amp for his guitar to play during one of the interval show acts during yesterday's show. So maybe the alternative possible interpretation is: We (Germany, and so possibly all of Europe) had a lot of fun tonight with the show, the hosts, the acts, and the whole event. And I really think it actually was quite a good show - and am not the only one. So maybe that's why it makes Germany be the winner in a way, differently though.
    This collector of useless clutter.