Thread: The Star

Osiris Guest

The Star

Forgive me if this isnt the proper location for this post

I lost my most beloved wife Monday to a painful debilitating illness she bravely suffered from for 12 years. Pattie and I shared the deepest love two people could possibly share we had no money, nothing except each other. I've been bawling my eyes out all week over my darling girl and I was outside afterdark just now about 10:45 on the back deck doing it again wandering what in gods name I was gonna do without the second part of my soul to go though life with, how was I expected to live like this ect.. after i got done I came into our bedroom misty eyed and found a Tarot card (im no tarot card nut got I them years ago for birthday or something forgot I had them) on the floor next to the dressor quite out of nowhere...been home all week first i'd seen it ....ok I'll say it yeah we've had LOTS! of paranormal activitiy in the house as my darling girl could relate Im not going to go into it pretty much the whole gambit like you see on tv. Anyway I played along with the "sign" and thought i'd look up the meaning of the card "The Star" here it is.

On the bleak landscape where the Tower stood, the Fool sits, empty, despairing. He hoped to find direction on this spiritual journey, a path to his spiritual self, but having just learned that most of his life was a lie, he now feels lost. Sitting on the cold stones, he gazes up at the night sky wishing for some kind of guide. And that is when he notices, nearby, a beautiful girl with two water urns. As he watches, she kneels by a pool of water illuminated with reflected starlight. She empties the urns, one into the pool, one onto the thirsty ground.

"What are you doing," he asks her. She looks up at him, her eyes twinkling like stars. "I am refilling this pool, so that those who are thirsty may drink, and I am also watering the earth so that more fruit trees will grow to feed those who are hungry." She nods back to a single fruit tree that stands nearby, a nightingale singing amid its branches.

"Come," she invites. "Sate your hunger and quench your thirst."

The Fool plucks some fruit from the tree, then kneels by her and drinks from the pool. The water tastes wonderful, like liquid starlight, and the fruit is equally delicious. Both help to heal his wounded heart.
    Having quenched his thirst and sated his hunger, the Fool lays back to gaze up at the stars. "They're so beautiful," he said, "but so distant."

"Like possible futures," agrees the girl. "Cool and distant. Yet if you keep one in sight, it can guide you to your destination no matter how far away it is." Even as she says this, she began to fade away, like dew, vanishing. All that remains is a gleam that was at the center of her forehead. This rises up and up, until it settles in the night sky as a shining star. "Follow your star," the woman's voice seems to sing from that light, "and have hope."

The Fool takes in a breath and rises. It is a dark night, a desolate land. But for the first time, he has a guiding light to show him the way. Distant as it is, it restores his faith.

Now I have known about an afterlife for many years like many of you though AP as a child , and became competely sure with the crap Pattie and I have seen in this house over the years, including a few conscious exit projections. Knowing (well figureing) we would find each other again once be both passed over. I dont know how the card worked its way from the bottom drawer of my dressor (a junk drawer full of odds and ends) where i later found them after digging all over and this one got onto the floor...that one card. I dont really believe in signs, spooks yes,AP yeah, but signs.....well this is a first for me. In any case Hope, healing and peace is what i need and what the card signifies. And yeah it made me feel better Im not gonna lie.

Blog Entries

Re: The Star

I believe Pattie let you know what she hopes for you.

This is a lovely and inspiring story. I hope your grief is short lived and you get many such confirmations of Pattie's ongoing love for you.

My heart goes out to you.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    I lost my most beloved wife Monday to a painful debilitating illness she bravely suffered from for 12 years.
    I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere compassion to you, and my best blessings to you and to the rest of your family (and to Pattie).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    In any case Hope, healing and peace is what i need and what the card signifies.
    That, undoubtedly, is what Pattie wishes for you, and what the Universe at large wishes for you, as well.

That was a lovely and touching story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I wish true blessings of comfort and healing on you and yours. And so it is.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Hello, Osiris.

I hope you get another chance to say goodbye (for now), like I did with my uncle. It's a wonderful sign you have received.

Take care,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I am very sorry for your loss Osiris. My prayers are with you and your family.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

A sad and yet wonderful story of hope... I sure wish you to hang on to your Star

Osiris Guest

Thanks guys, Im hanging in there....I guess. Thanks for your opinions.