Thread: Opening the Throat Chakra

Sunny Guest

Opening the Throat Chakra

Hi,

I have an underactive throat Chakra and I want to heal it. I already know the general ways of going about it, singing, expressing, diary work and throat Chakra meditations. I am trying to collect as much information on the throat chakra as I possibly can and how I can heal it.

Please share with me any information, insights, advice, tips, techniques that I can use to heal it.

Matthew Guest
    Sunny,
    Are you using NEW to energize you chakras?
    I've done a lot of chi kung and other energy-work systems. But, Bruce's NEW activated my throat chakra and third-eye chakra in ways I hadn't experienced before....

-Matthew

Sunny Guest
    No, I am not using NEW. I 've read the free tutorials on site. It did mention that storing energy in the Throat Chakra or Heart Chakra is not advisable, because it can throw your system out of balance. It is safer to store it in the solar plexus chakra it says.

I am not sure I completely believe it though. If I mentally visualise or feel energy going into my Solar plexus Chakra, will it really energise it, and will I be able to tell the difference?

I do a variant of Chi Kung and Tai chi. I don't know all the forms yet, but I practice it and improvise on it with music. I then naturally begin to move to the music and sometimes I can feel the energy. I am considering doing Kundalini Yoga, which should help in unblocking Chakras and tapping the Kundalini energy.

At this moment, I am doing mantra meditation with "Ham" for the Throat Chakra, as well as Aum and sometimes I do some self-healing around it and visualise blue light.

timdowland Guest
    Sunny Wrote:
    Hi,

I have an underactive throat Chakra and I want to heal it. I already know the general ways of going about it, singing, expressing, diary work and throat Chakra meditations. I am trying to collect as much information on the throat chakra as I possibly can and how I can heal it.

Please share with me any information, insights, advice, tips, techniques that I can use to heal it.
    Your throat chakra is simple to get back up to speed...

By saying that it is underactive I'm guessing that you are some what soft spoken maybe?

Extremely low and long one syllable chanting will help your speaking abilities out a lot.

If you can get access to a quartz crystal try doing a little (NEW) Full Body bouncing while laying down with the crystal laying right at that dip at the base of the throat where the colar bones come together. Focus on trying to psychicly lift the crystal up off of your throat using psychic energy or "chi." It should start to feel really energized in ways that you may not have felt before. The quartz crystal will help every chakra in the exact same way if you lay it on the area and try to lift it for a while, especially the Heart, Throat, and third eye chakras. If you can't get a quartz crystal right away, try it with a cold flat stone, it works but not as effective, just use that in the mean time until you find a quartz crystal later.

Remember to do that very low pitched one syllable chanting too. Try and do it regularily, like five times a week. Also if you want, it may be a good idea to take up debate, public speaking, singing, acting, poetry reading or any other activity that requires loud and long episodes of speaking or vocal work.

-Tim

dr.thunda Guest
    It can take a little while to get it back up. NEW is a great alternative.

For a long time I would have sharp pains in my heart chakra when I did energy work, and when I focused on the area it seemed like nothing was happening. Over time- maybe around a month- the pains went away and I can stimulate it fine these days.

sash Guest
    Here is some info that might be of use:

Last night I was moving energy while meditating and playing around with kundalini. For me, personally, the throat chakra is quite difficult to activate ... however I concur that music and vocal expression are great stimulants for the throat chakra and energy body channels in general. I tried out a breathing technique last night that built up a large amount of energy in my throat chakra. Here is how it goes:

It might be helpful to do a few energy sweeps before starting. In general this technique is applicable to a wide range of purposes so I cannot estimate the extent to which it will be successful.

The basic principle is
    1.--cover one nose passageway and breathe the air in through the other until your lungs are full.
    2.--cover both and hold the air for a few seconds.
    3.--uncover the other passageway but leave the first one covered and let the air pass out through the open one.
    4.--after a full exhale wait a few seconds then breathe the air back in through the open passageway.
    5.--repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 as desired.

The effect I experienced last night is a large whirlpool of energy in my throat chakra as I mentioned earlier. I have also been able to activate the heart chakra as well as a few other things using this technique.

Celeborn Guest
    No, I am not using NEW. I 've read the free tutorials on site. It did mention that storing energy in the Throat Chakra or Heart Chakra is not advisable, because it can throw your system out of balance. It is safer to store it in the solar plexus chakra it says.
    What Robert Bruce recomends against doing is storing large amounts of energy in the heart or third eye storage centers, which are similar in function to the lower tan dian (located in just under the naval).

You need to keep in mind that Mr Bruce uses both the Indian system (chakras) and the chinese system (meridians and storage centers) together, and be careful not to confuse the two seperate energetic structures.

So, just using energy to power up and clear out all of your chakras is absolutly fine. You can do that without worrying too much. But if you want to pull in energy and store it, to power up your entire energy body, you should focus on the sub-naval storage center only (the lower tan dian).

For the purposes of what you are trying to do, there is nothing wrong with working heavily on your throat.

Jeez, how do you get a throat chakra to shut up? Believe it or not, mine is overactive. Yeh, you couldn't have already guessed that, could ya?