17 jun 2011

I entered into a clothes store with light and warm coloured clothes hanging there. I looked around but couldn't find anything that I wanted to buy. A cute girl at the counter came up to me and wanted me to get involved in the business.

She said there were very few males in the staff and urged me on to take the spot behind the counter and start selling. She was friendly but firm.

I hesitantly got behind the counter. Wasn't there supposed to be some brief training in how to handle customers? There was already a line forming up with people who wanted help. Now all the other employees had left; I was the only one there. Fortunately, another girl came back and took care of them all.

The girl who had talked to me approached me again and asked if I wanted to grab something to eat at the local restaurant later? We could hang out with some of her friends. I declined, afraid of the new situation. She looked let down, and I felt a bit disappointed with myself.

Would love to have others opinion on this as I am unsure about what it means. Thanks!

John