Wow what an interesting thread with so many interesting points and theme-branches!

Neil, what an amazing experience (the melting-LD) which fo my impression changed into an OBE when you crossed the membrane and such part. I would love to be able to become so lucid, but too often forget to make reality-checks *roll eyes* nevertheless I have, like mentioned in this thread too, dream-experiences of amazing kind (which I in missing another description call DOM, Dream-OBE-Mix, as those are so very different to my other dreams from feel and awareness and mostly joy) and also I have had and still have too many dream-meetings with others, partly "verified" in one or another way as to call this co-incidental or un-related. So:
Gitarmaster, I personally do think that yes, Dreams and Obes are definitely connected, like sharing the same "substance", which we might call consciousness. And depending on how much of this substance we are able to generate, we can perceive and travell along and through those each other permeating fields.
And I feel its truly a bit like what you
Oliver put here in comparison, even though it sounds funny, like: even trying to remember "normal" life things like potatoe peeling often is difficult, or like today I wanted to go to work but just didnt find my car, lol, for even around 20 minutes I was searching, but just because I parked on a very new place, which seemingly was not yet connected to any "cell-seat in my brain"
Ariel and Beekeeper, these are inspiriing connected/meetup-experiences.
and Beekeeper I think that it is a perfectly wonderful thing and gift to wake up in the same mood with ones partner inspired by your dreamings