Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

Cool I did it last night!

Ok, so this was very cool indeed.
    I was barely even asleep, i could hear my housemate moving around downstairs, making food, which i guess is the thing that allowed me full lucidity when i began phasing/dreaming, i could still hear him, so i knew what i was seeing was a dream...

i walked into my Mum's house, there were lots of strangers there, along with my Mum, Sister and step-father. i went in and said hello, but nobody responded. i got the feeling they were all ignoring me on purpose, like i'd done something to annoy them or something. i wondered if i'd been particularly noisy when coming home last night (i was out late last night, visiting old friends, and drank quite a bit of red wine.) obviously not fully lucid at this point, thinking this was actually the place i live.

only my sister looked me in the eye, and she was holding something across her face, some sort of fabric, like a veil...
    as i was getting no response from these people, i ignored them and went up to my room... on the way up the stairs, i heard my housemate moving around, and realised i was dreaming.
    when i went into my room, three strangers were in there, one large man, and two females.
    i went in and asked "who are you? what are you doing here?"
    the man started to reply, and i remembered this thread.
    "you know this is a dream, right?" i said.
    he didn't respond. i went over and looked him in the eyes, "this is a dream. i am dreaming. you're in MY dream"
    he looked at me, and then his face started to melt, like the nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark..hehe..
    i turned to the women.. "HEY! you know this is a dream? this is my dream!"
    same thing, melting faces, until they became formless blobs, and then evaporated from view.
    i turned around, and the guy was still there, but he had a different face, "i'm not stupid, this is MY dream pal!"
    he melted, and dissolved...

i went downstairs, eager to see who else would melt, wondering if any of my family members might not melt...
    my Sister was at the foot of the stairs..."hey, this is a dream. you're in my dream."
    melty girl. it was strange to see...like, at first, the facade of my sister's face would melt, then i'd see the true face of the imposter underneath, then that face would melt, and then dissolve...
    into the living room, where my Mum, step-dad and some other unknowns were..."HEY GUYS! this is a dream. you're all in a dream that I'M having!" my Mum, turned and said, "no we're not!" (which would be typical of my Mum, to argue against my ridiculous ideas that make no sense to her view of reality)
    "yes you are, i'm dreaming right now"
    at that they all melted, became formless, and vanished..
    i went around the house, no-one was left. i went outside into the street, wondering, what would happen next.
    i've evaporated all the dream characters..

i decided the only thing to do in this situation was take advantage of my lucidity and have fun, so i looked straight up at the night sky, and flew as fast as i could towards the stars...

the dream dissolved, i was in a black/grey void.
    in front of me appeared a book. it opened.
    on the page was a picture, an illustration of a fantasy landscape. rocky mountains, with caves, surrounded a lush green valley, at the bottom of which was a river of clear flowing water.
    a voice in my mind told me, "these are the spirit lands"
    nature spirits, i realised, and had a quick memory of the experience i had a while back, where i went into the faery realms, while on my bike...

i was looking at this picture, floating in the void, i decided to go in...
    i focused on the green valley, and started slowly moving in to it.
    i seemed to push thru an invisible membrane, and the illustration became real.
    i felt like i was standing on my head, looking down on this land...
    i floated down, down towards the river...
    then when i got to the river, i went under the water, enjoying the fact that i could breathe fine...
    i didn't really have much control of my movements. it was more like i was on some kind of automated tour. i went down to the bottom of the river, the water was absolutely clear, i could see plants growing on the bottom, little rocks, the reflections of sunlight glinting here and there...

that's where recall fades unfortunately...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries
    AWESOME!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Groggy me

Fantastic, Neil!

I needed a little inspiration hehe.
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 21st June 2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

hi neal,That was an awsome experience, and inspiring. Please keep them coming!
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

5. Wow, what an amazing experience. I've never "insisted" to my dream characters that they were in a dream, it makes sense though that they would dissolve, because you're exposing their temporality.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 04:52 AM.

to be honest, i found the experience AFTER i'd dissolved all the characters, to be the most exciting part...
    Last edited by Neil Templar; 22nd June 2011 at 12:01 PM.

7. Just because they're not conscious of it being your dream, it doesn't mean that there isn't a pyschic connection taking place, especially if the dream characters are your close friends or family with whom you have a solid rapport.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 04:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Robert Waggoner reports something similar. He was trying and failing to get a friend lucid. Eventually, he gave up and for a reason unknown to him made the peace sign with his fingers in front of her forehead. When next he saw her IRL, she put a peace sign up in his face. When he asked her why she had done that, she said she didn't know.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

these are interesting examples. i'd kinda assumed that the characters dissolving in my dream, meant that they weren't actually the people i know(mum, sister etc) but simply creations of my subconscious, like the rest of them.
    i'd assumed that if there were any actual dreamers/projectors/non-physical beings present, that they wouldn't dissolve.
    know what i mean?

now, thinking about it, i guess even if it was my mum's, or sister's dreaming mind there, they'd have to have a certain level of lucidity to stay focused there, after i'd dissolved everybody else...
    i guess i wasted an opportunity there then, by insisting so strongly and quickly. perhaps if i'd given them more time to get to grips with the concept, or simply had a conversation that was less confrontational and more familiar, they might have woken into lucidity, and truly shared the experience?...

10. Re: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

I can't explain it either,....Either way,what you experienced afterwards was probably what you were intended to see at that time. I would love to visit a realm like that !!
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 04:53 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast