Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

Re: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    I can't explain it either,....Maybe our mental projections that we create of our loved ones in our dreams, somehow resonate with a part of who they really are, and its that small part mixed in with our own projection that can relate their own personal information.
    or maybe we ARE indeed sharing experiences with those in our lives, more frequently than we believe?... it would make perfect sense, whether they're conscious enough to recall the events or not, it's possible the lessons involved in the dream scenarios are tailored for everyone involved, not just your/my/the dreamer's-self.
    it would explain why lucidity can be such an elusive thing at times - if a scenario is set up, like a play in a theatre, each player with a set role, a set lesson to take away from it, the director wouldn't want any of the players suddenly improvising and messing up the perfectly good play, would he?

i'm now wishing i'd asked my Mum and Sister if they'd had any strange dreams that night...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar View Post
    i'm now wishing i'd asked my Mum and Sister if they'd had any strange dreams that night...
    I guess most dreams are not remembered because they don't seem strange to us as all. Just like the memory of any banal act carried out without much conscious attention they escape our recall soon enough. I guess so many outlandish dreams are recalled because they are considered interesting enough to do so.

Try remember to recall when you last peeled potatoes, try to remember any details about that experience...

Blog Entries

The channelled material in Jane Robert's Dreams and Projections of Consciousness talks about this stuff. It states that you can ask all illusion to disappear and it will. It also states you can experience full and partial projections of actual people - I suppose that means that they're not lucid- as well as probable selves. The latter have split off from the original personality and gone on to live in probable worlds as a result of different decisions made at different turning points. One of Robert's friends, for example, experiences dreams where she meets Jane Roberts and her husband in a probable existence where Jane was too afraid to mess with the occult and, therefore, didn't channel Seth, and her husband was too afraid to become the artist he became. Both subsequently end up bitter people until redirected.

Kurt Leland suggests we are constantly sharing dreams with others but that our unique interpretation filters mean that the dreams take on their individual aspects, what Seth calls camouflage.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

There was one lucid dream i had where a character in my dream ASKED ME if I knew I was dreaming. It was actually a really close friend of mine, and i didn't believe him at first until i looked around at where i was and noticed that the building i was in was different than it was in real life, and i saw people like, jumping around as if this place were on the moon with really low gravity. I then became lucid but could only enjoy the lucidity for what seemed like 30 seconds because i woke up after i found out i was dreaming.

I've got a question about this though... aren't OBE's and dreams connected with each other? If so, do you suppose this could have been my friend's astral being in a dream of mine in attempt to communicate with me in the astral plane? or do dreams and astral projections not work this way? is it even possible for two people who are dreaming to meet up with each other in their dreams? Maybe I'm reading too much into this and it was all my sub-conscious's doing, but who knows :/
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmaster72 View Post
    I've got a question about this though... aren't OBE's and dreams connected with each other? If so, do you suppose this could have been my friend's astral being in a dream of mine in attempt to communicate with me in the astral plane? or do dreams and astral projections not work this way? is it even possible for two people who are dreaming to meet up with each other in their dreams? Maybe I'm reading too much into this and it was all my sub-conscious's doing, but who knows :/
    These might help -
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...16025&p=118099
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...13785&p=104825

Because i rarely have classic OBE exit symptoms, most of my "adventures in consciousness" take place during sleep, so i simply call them all dreams. However, i often recognise them for being OBEs, based on the nature of the environment, and the fact that there have been a few shared experiences, totally verified by the friends who shared the experience. (none of whom were interested in the OBE phenomenon, and simply remembered them as vivid dreams)
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

6. Re: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarmaster72 View Post
    ............. is it even possible for two people who are dreaming to meet up with each other in their dreams? Maybe I'm reading too much into this and it was all my sub-conscious's doing, but who knows :/
    I think its possible.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 04:54 AM.

Blog Entries

I've also had dream sharing experiences. In one I protected my younger sister from bullies and my sister rang me to tell me about her similar dream. In another, I heard Simon and Garfunkle in the background ("Homeward Bound" IRRC) and the other person confirmed the song was playing in her dream. Another one was with a colleague decades ago involving lion but I can't remember much beyond this.

I've also had two dreams recently that weren't shared but picked up information about two people that I didn't know in waking life. One was a friend's intention to join an environmental group and the other was about a friend's unexpected relationship with kittens.

There was a dream once where I slid down a tunnel and ended up plummetin towards a friend asleep in her bed. She looked terrified when she saw me, as if I were a ghost. I wanted to ask her if she remembered anything but she just wasn't the sort.

This is a bit embarrassing too but I tend to have sex dreams when my husband does, which can be a good thing because we both wake up in a similar mood.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Wow what an interesting thread with so many interesting points and theme-branches!

Neil, what an amazing experience (the melting-LD) which fo my impression changed into an OBE when you crossed the membrane and such part. I would love to be able to become so lucid, but too often forget to make reality-checks *roll eyes* nevertheless I have, like mentioned in this thread too, dream-experiences of amazing kind (which I in missing another description call DOM, Dream-OBE-Mix, as those are so very different to my other dreams from feel and awareness and mostly joy) and also I have had and still have too many dream-meetings with others, partly "verified" in one or another way as to call this co-incidental or un-related. So:
    Gitarmaster, I personally do think that yes, Dreams and Obes are definitely connected, like sharing the same "substance", which we might call consciousness. And depending on how much of this substance we are able to generate, we can perceive and travell along and through those each other permeating fields.
    And I feel its truly a bit like what you
    Oliver put here in comparison, even though it sounds funny, like: even trying to remember "normal" life things like potatoe peeling often is difficult, or like today I wanted to go to work but just didnt find my car, lol, for even around 20 minutes I was searching, but just because I parked on a very new place, which seemingly was not yet connected to any "cell-seat in my brain"
    Ariel and Beekeeper, these are inspiriing connected/meetup-experiences.
    and Beekeeper I think that it is a perfectly wonderful thing and gift to wake up in the same mood with ones partner inspired by your dreamings
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany