View Poll Results: How often do you project? (on average)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've only projected once or twice

1 6.67%
  • Once every few months

1 6.67%
  • Once a month

5 33.33%
  • A few times a month

3 20.00%
  • Once a week

1 6.67%
  • A few times a week

2 13.33%
  • Every day/night

0 0%
  • At will

2 13.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How often do you project?

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    I acknowledge phasing/WILDs do involve a kind of conscious exit and yet, in my personal classification scheme I dub them lucid dreams.
    Yes, WILDs are lucid dreams, it is short for wake induced lucid dream after all. In my eyes the instruction of the MAP are basically instructions for WILDs - first relax deeply, let your body fall asleep while keeping awareness (usually considered as entering sleep paralysis), move out. Depending on the individual, they either stay in their private dream space or can move also to public astral.

The word phasing I have found used by Frank Kepple, but was actually introduced by Monroe it appears. As I use no techniques, but just shift my awareness, I thought what Frank does describe comes closest to that. Here you can read about what Frank writes on phasing: http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html
    When this is done with an awake physical body and mind, I consider it not a lucid dream - at least for me, the mental state is like waking consciousness, just shifted to the energy body. During a lucid dream, the mind does feel somehow a bit sluggish in comparison - even when one might notice that only afterwards, when thinking over ones actions.

People do actually project a lot without being aware of it, that is at least how I do now interpret some of my experiences. In the beginning I thought when "astral travelers" came to visit me, the people would be aware of it. But often it is just a kind of empty representation of a person. Still, it is a projection. But it is not OBE, as the person does not experience being out of body.
    Same I agree on your other examples of partial projections, they are not what I consider OBEs.

@Ariel: what you write, that is the basic idea of phasing, how I understand the word
    + Alienor +

-delete this-
    + Alienor +

3. Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake?
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:08 AM.

Ariel, yes, that is what I mostly do and what I consider as a type of phasing. Just that it is not only for a split second and I do it at will.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Re: How often do you project?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    In regards to this topic of how often do we project, whether consciously or unconsciously?, Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake, or even your astral arm lift and moved towards something next to you, but only for a quick moment? These are weird sensations, and you would definitely know them when they happened. What is this all about, is this a type of "phasing" that your referring to?
    Ariel, Hello. I have had the random experience of moving an astral arm, or feeling my astral body 'detach'. It is quite strange. One of the effects of the Mind Split. It makes sense to me that we project OFTEN, without knowing it,,, wether or not we are sleeping. (Sleeping mind/dreaming mind/waking mind/projected mind etc...) I often perceive different aspects of self operating simultaneously. I believe that we are 'bi-located' MOST of the time, and 'multi-demensionally-tasking'.

As far as phasing goes,, I may be a bit off on this, but I believe 'phasing' is the simple act of slipping in and/or out of different astral states and even the physical. For example, I could wait for exit sensations and 'exit', or I can slip into trance and seamlessly transfer conscious focus to another aspect of ourselves that is awake and aware, somewhere in the astral, or RTZ. I think that 'clicking out' is a bit different. Phasing in and out of different ,, lets say,, points of view, can take some getting used to... IMO, it requires a basic understanding that we exist simultaneously in different layers of reality. I hope I am not too far off base.
    We Sleep, that we may dream. We Dream, that we may wake. Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Re: How often do you project?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
    In regards to this topic of how often do we project, whether consciously or unconsciously?, Have you ever felt your astral body move away from your physical body for a split second while you were still entirely awake, or even your astral arm lift and moved towards something next to you, but only for a quick moment? These are weird sensations, and you would definitely know them when they happened. What is this all about, is this a type of "phasing" that your referring to?

This has happened a few times, one time when I was meditating I felt my astral arms go up, this is the closest I've ever gotten to projecting from a waking state. Another time when I was in bed I actually saw my astral legs come out of my body. Funny thing is they were wearing pants when I was naked at the time.

7. Re: How often do you project?

Quote Originally Posted by defectron View Post
    This has happened a few times, one time when I was meditating I felt my astral arms go up, this is the closest I've ever gotten to projecting from a waking state. Another time when I was in bed I actually saw my astral legs come out of my body. Funny thing is they were wearing pants when I was naked at the time.
    That is really cool! I too am working on projection through meditation, but have not yet achieved it.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:07 AM.